Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lady Palin

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    The top 10 percent of wage earners (by population) EARN more than 50% of the wages paid, so it follows that their tax burden is higher. Even under a flat tax the higher your wages the more tax you pay, so of course higher wage earners pay more tax in absolute dollars. This is one of those meaningless statements that are used to make a point because people are too lazy to actually think about what is being said.

The fallacy here is the upper 10% make 10% of the total wages, and that just is not the case.

But is sure sounds good, doesn't it??
    You really think I believe that the top 10% only make 10% of the total wages?

WOW, that is ridiculous.

Folks, this was about Lady Palin and your discourse as to her attributes as a political animal

Douggie

So the masses are being exploited and I'm a racist, I'm just in denial, and I'm too lazy too think for myself.

I'll let you guys know when I need someone to judge me

I believe both sides are frustrated with what has and is continuing to transpire. By both accounts, something is wrong. Some see 25 cents as a quarter while others see it as 2 dimes and a nickel.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Quote Originally Posted by RMZDADDY View Post
    Is this why the top ten percent of wage earners in this country bear fifty five percent of the federal tax burden? And BTW, my wife and I earned no more than 40K, (before I got laid off) are raising five kids, and our federal tax last year was ZERO. Yet you would have some believe that "poor" people like me are being exploited?

My concern is for the small business owners (the ones who do create jobs) who are paying MORE tax under this administration.
    And who destroyed Industrialized America? Who tore down the Economical Borders? Who opened our country to Global Competition? Who allowed these corporation the same liberty as living human beings.

This crab in the barrel mentality must go, if we as a collectively oppressed people, gonna liberate ourselves economically, while we fight in the barrel, the outcome is the same. An African proverb "Until lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter." If their lips are moving, they are lying...All of them.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

So the masses are being exploited and I'm a racist, I'm just in denial, and I'm too lazy too think for myself.

I'll let you guys know when I need someone to judge me
    I don't think any of that of you. You're just passionate about what you believe as others are about what they believe. We're in this boat together. Just some want to row from the left while others want to row from the right. How about we row from both sides so that we don't keep going in circles?
    Government Moto:

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Folks, this was about Lady Palin and your discourse as to her attributes as a political animal

Douggie
    Sorry Douggie, I did not mean to pollute your thread.

Sorry Douggie, I did not mean to pollute your thread.
    Not a problem

Douggie

You really think I believe that the top 10% only make 10% of the total wages?

WOW, that is ridiculous.
    No, but you clearly think the top 10% makes considerably less than the 55% of wages or your point would make no sense.

The top 20% make 58% of the income. The top 1% make 17% of the income. So big surprise, the top 10% pay 55% of the taxes.

DO you see the point?? I could shout from the rooftops that the top 1% pay 17% of the income taxes and people would be outraged, until you realize what percentage of the actual income they earn is.
    Don't get me started

No, but you clearly think the top 10% makes considerably less than the 55% of wages or your point would make no sense.

The top 20% make 58% of the income. The top 1% make 17% of the income. So big surprise, the top 10% pay 55% of the taxes.

DO you see the point?? I could shout from the rooftops that the top 1% pay 17% of the income taxes and people would be outraged, until you realize what percentage of the actual income they earn is.
    Point taken, maybe I just didn't use the right stats to illustrate a point.

My point was this:

My family, even in its current situation can afford to pay some federal tax.

Someone has to be paying for the services I receive from the government, I don't feel very good about that.

I would gladly see families like mine (30k-40k) with dependents pay some federal tax in an effort do our part for our country.

Does it make sense to you that we pay nothing?

Sorry if my "ignorance" offended you Bill, it sure seems you intended to offend me.

I'm a vet too Bill, I raised three kids by myself for six years, worked steady, ate once a day so my kids would not suffer, and I never took any assistance from the government.
    Just thought you should know where I'm coming from

Point taken, maybe I just didn't use the right stats to illustrate a point.

My point was this:

My family, even in its current situation can afford to pay some federal tax.

Someone has to be paying for the services I receive from the government, I don't feel very good about that.

I would gladly see families like mine (30k-40k) with dependents pay some federal tax in an effort do our part for our country.

Does it make sense to you that we pay nothing?

Sorry if my "ignorance" offended you Bill, it sure seems you intended to offend me.

I'm a vet too Bill, I raised three kids by myself for six years, worked steady, ate once a day so my kids would not suffer, and I never took any assistance from the government.
    Just thought you should know where I'm coming from
    Congrats on being one of the Good fathers out there!... But why be to proud to take from your government, You served and paid taxes. If I was down and out they'd be my second resort, after paying all these taxes. When you have people who never paid a dime and living like Kings and Queens, No one is saying use the government, But if you have a hiccup you get help to get back on your feet, replenish the funds for someone else who needs it. All Government aid recipients should be forced to work, if they can't manual labor, I'm sure they can type answer phones do something. Nothing for Something leads to Nothing.
    Last edited by RCprince; 07-18-2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: dayum, my typos I must be drowning here...shore is sure
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

The problem is those that don't pay a dime are the wealthiest in the country. They use every means possible to dodge paying taxes. They seem to be the heroes of the right wingers.

In reality, there is no free lunch. I have always been middle class. I have never begrudged paying my taxes. What I do begrudge is the giveaways to the wealthiest by the GOP. Those days are over hopefully.

I would gladly pay more taxes to support a reasonable health care program but it looks like only those making a lot more than me will have to pay. The increase in their taxes is a pittance at 1%-3%. Poor babies.

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    Congrats on being one of the Good fathers out there!... But why be to proud to take from your government, You served and paid taxes. If I was down and out they'd be my second resort, after paying all these taxes. When you have people who never paid a dime and living like Kings and Queens, No one is saying use the government, But if you have a hiccup you get help to get back on your feet, replenish the funds for someone else who needs it. All Government aid recipients should be forced to work, if they can't manual labor, I'm shore they can type answer phones do something. Nothing for Something leads to Nothing.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Maybe not directly by you Darin, but you listen to the total BS thrown around by the right wing commentators and you buy into it. There is a lot of not so cleverly veiled racism in what they spew.
    Just reading and listening to right wingers is an absolute riot. They are all repeating the same talking points. You read from a script. You don't think for yourself. That is truly sad. You're a smart guy. Why not try an original thought?
    You might find it refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    ANY opinion I have about Obama or how this country is being run has NOTHING what-so-ever to do with his race, gender, or any other distraction the left wants to come up with... it has to do with policies and idealogy.

To try to turn any of this into a conversation about race is a typical distraction technique to avoid talking about the issues and the actual merrit of the ideas... It usually arrives in the conversation about the time someone pins down any one of the many inconsistancies of the current administration, and it's supporters have nowhere else to turn...
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Ditto, there is absolute no reasoning with you tin foil hat right wingers either. I'm done. This whole conversation is stupid. See you in the BOAT forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    This proves to me that you are just spouting the party line now... Even her own aids say she's "not the sharpest tool in the shed"...

Someone might want to tell her the difference between "eminent" and "imminent" ... because she is apparently "so smart" that she doesn't know... (reference the question concerning the 2nd amendment

I could go on... but what's the point... the Kool-Aide is in full effect so there is really no reasoning with the minority on that other side...

I'm getting the better end of this deal for sure...

Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Clearly you missed my intention. But the thing is, if you are goign to make statements in support of your ideas you need to be prepared to be questioned on them and called out if they are found to be incorrect.

So, sorry if that offended you. There, no we both think we offended the other guy. Are we good now??
    Don't get me started

Everybody still friends, I hope...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Government Moto:

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    You read from a script. You don't think for yourself. That is truly sad. You're a smart guy. Why not try an original thought?
    You might find it refreshing.
    That's total BS and completely insulting... Why is it you lefties think that yours are the only valid talking points?

I'll explain it again for those who haven't heard it before... I scan a WIDE array of information and data in order to form an opinion... If it happens to jive with a "right winger tin hat", or whatever you call it, then so be it...

How about you try this... refute what we say with REAL DATA, Like Bill tries to do... and maybe your opinions can be taken more seriously... Just because I choose not to dismiss certain pieces of the puzzle when Obama and his cronies try to tell us to, doesn't mean that I'm not correct in my position.

If you are REALLY paying attention to the facts, and even remotely trying to relate them to how you KNOW the real world works, then you'd be nervous as hell about what has, and is about to happen to this country... The so-called "health care reform" being just the tip of the iceberg.

this is going to sound like i need a trip to the loony bin
    but have a think about it.
    the best thing that could happen is we get invaded by aliens
    then there wouldnt be black and white,christian and muslim, your country my country
    it would them against US, humans against aliens

Clearly you missed my intention. But the thing is, if you are goign to make statements in support of your ideas you need to be prepared to be questioned on them and called out if they are found to be incorrect.

So, sorry if that offended you. There, no we both think we offended the other guy. Are we good now??
    Clearly you missed my point or you wouldn't have professed to CLEARLY know what I'm thinking

Okay, let me try this one more time.

The numbers I called out were in response to a comment about prior administrations corralling wealth from the masses.
    My point being that I consider myself to be one of the "masses" and I pay nothing. The top 10% of wage earners pay 55%.
    I was not trying to say they are being taken advantage of, nor how that number relates to the total income earned in this country, simply that I'm sure there are a lot more people like me that don't pay at all that could certainly pay something.
    Why not ask me what I meant specifically by my statement (if you didn't understand it) rather than assume that you know what I'm thinking and that I'm just uninformed?
    Last edited by RMZDADDY; 07-17-2009 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie-crawl View Post
    this is going to sound like i need a trip to the loony bin
    but have a think about it.
    the best thing that could happen is we get invaded by aliens
    then there wouldnt be black and white,christian and muslim, your country my country
    it would them against US, humans against aliens
    Sounds like you've been Watching reruns of WatchMen

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    Congrats on being one of the Good fathers out there!... But why be to proud to take from your government, You served and paid taxes. If I was down and out they'd be my second resort, after paying all these taxes. When you have people who never paid a dime and living like Kings and Queens, No one is saying use the government, But if you have a hiccup you get help to get back on your feet, replenish the funds for someone else who needs it. All Government aid recipients should be forced to work, if they can't manual labor, I'm shore they can type answer phones do something. Nothing for Something leads to Nothing.
    Thank you for the kind words, very good of you

To tell the truth I was raised that way, to take care of my own, to be self sufficient, and to be proud of ones efforts.

I think this used to be the American way, the "pursuit of happiness", not the guarantee of it.

I was not trying to say they are being taken advantage of, nor how that number relates to the total income earned in this country, simply that I'm sure there are a lot more people like me that don't pay at all that could certainly pay something.
    Perhaps I missed your intention since you used a well worn line about who pays what in taxes. That statement is often used to defend tax cuts for the wealthy, but I have never seen it used to justify that people in the middle should pay more. So I obviously was confused about your intention.
    Don't get me started

Dang, we are now at page 5 of yet another thread that has become a left vs right political sh1t slinging match that neither side will win.

That is right, you will not win your argument, you may feel better that you have voiced your opinion and you may know that you are right.

When both sides of a discussion have these same emotions then all that will happen is some of the middle ground dwellers may gather enough information to make an informed opinion on the issue at hand.

Given the nature of US media ( there is a lot of it ) there is a LOT of information to filter and then prioritise before absorbing. I always like to hear both side of the story before forming and opinion on most topics.

US politics is weird.

I'd still root Palin
    See it....find the photos.....sketch it it....build it........with wood

Only the people in the White House really know what's going on. There is so much mis-information that all we can do is throw our hands up in the air.
    Government Moto:

Guys lets all agree that we disagree and move on. After everyone including myself has trampled on Doug's thread, I think this tread ran its course. I'm closing this one.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345