Thread: which motor(s)...

Default which motor(s)...

the dilemma: lehner/neu/plettenberg
    the boat: hpr115

im located in the United Kingdom + dad works in America so getting them isn't a issue but servicing etc may become one

i know many people in Europe, the Germans... are very favorable to there lehner and plett's but i want your opinions on neu versus the European motors

was looking at origionally a lehner 1940/7 <-- seen so many hpr115's with them they cant be bad? maybe the 1950/4(6)?

was looking at Plettenberg HP220BM/50/A2/S/4P < may be abit overpowered

i don't know what neu motors i should be looking at that's why i need some advice...

it would be sport running with the occasional race ( once a month? ) against a strong field of gas boats

want to keep amp draw to a minimum and maybe 80mph stable speeds

lets hear what you think then... will also be posting this on rrr see there opinions... we dont have a fe forum in England that im aware of and German ones are too hard to understand thats why i post on US based sites

Is this your first boat?

No it's not i have 3 other twin motor boats all bigger than 1,3 meter ( and all with German motors) i even partially own a paraffin powered 1,7 meter long steam boat made all by hand its not rc tho i have fast boats on the full scale too a twin 700hp baja 33ft boat + access to a laser cutter a 3d cad/cam system computer controller lathes so making the parts is not a problem.
    Just wonderd why Americans like neu while Germans like plett and lehner and you rarely see neu in Europe and im guessing its the same for lehner & plett in America?

Quote Originally Posted by vvviivvv View Post
    Just wonderd why Americans like neu while Germans like plett and lehner and you rarely see neu in Europe and im guessing its the same for lehner & plett in America?
    i think you answered that in your first post. servicing

so performance wise there isnt much between all 3, one wont outlast the other by 2 years?

that i cant tell you as i have never ran any of those motors. but i think most off the time its there availability from each brand and not having to send them overseas for servicing

ok thanks will probs get lehner's