Thread: Waveblasters scale regatta

Default Waveblasters scale regatta

The waveblasters of FL. will be hosting a FUN SCALE REGATTA on October 11, . There will be 4 - 6 event categories with 1-3 award recognitions.
    Loyalhanna Dockyard and SSMA have donated a few hulls and a spedo for raffle and door prizes and more to come.
    If any of you have scale boats come and enjoy should be a great event.
    more to be posted !

Maybe I'll blow the dust off of my Lobsterboat and add a 1515 1Y.............

Haaar! Mike, a 75mph lobsterboat...right!!!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

What are the classes for scale boats? Don't know much about it but kinda interested.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I,ll talk to the scale guys tomrrow and try to find out more

Mike are you guys going to be hosting another race this fall?

Quote Originally Posted by obrien View Post
    Mike are you guys going to be hosting another race this fall?
    not sure yet a few of us are going to the nats in september . then we have the distric race in melbourne october 17-18 (hope you can make it ) then in november is the big race in valdasta GA. IMPBA they run p-mono, spec opc , spec sport hydro (lsh) and n-2 mono.
    so its looking pretty full for raceing I plan on spending the next few months getting ready for the nats .
    the race in melbourne we can run a few classes I was thinking p-mono , spec sport hydro (lsh) and Q - offshore but in oval unless any one has a class we can get more people.

I will have to talk with the guys and see if we can get over for the race in October. What classes are going to be run in Melbourne? When in November is the Valdosta race? I might have to try for that one as well.

I think a couple of us are working on Spec Riggers too. I know Mike Harvey has one and so do I if I'm able to race by then. My back still isn't cooperating very well. Spec rigger might be an interesting class. Do you or any of the other guys at the waveblasters have spec riggers? Just a thought.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    I think a couple of us are working on Spec Riggers too. I know Mike Harvey has one and so do I if I'm able to race by then. My back still isn't cooperating very well. Spec rigger might be an interesting class. Do you or any of the other guys at the waveblasters have spec riggers? Just a thought.
    we have 3 in the club that may be an idea

sounds good!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I will have to talk with the guys and see if we can get over for the race in October. What classes are going to be run in Melbourne? When in November is the Valdosta race? I might have to try for that one as well.
    I talked to Ray R. he said he was in and I think Mike H. as well for October .

The Valdasta race is November 7-8 at blue lake were we have saws this is a IMPBA race gas nitro and electric . the electric classes are spec outboard tunnel , p-mono , spec p-sport hydro (lsh) and n-mono(2 cell lipo 27"and under) you also can run in any open class (open hydro) open tunnel , open mono if you want.
    this will be a fun race with a lot of great guys and Blue lake is only 13 miles over the fl line not to fare away .
    you can also pay a one race fee if you are a namba member 10.00 for the event for IMPBA ins.

check out atlanta modle boaters for more detales

for melborne p-mono , spec lsh and the last one is still up in the air i would like to run a bigger class if we can if not maybe p-spec hydro ( the little riggers) this will be a great to show the gass and nitro guys what the electrics can do and may get a few classes in the distric races next year even if we just do the tampa and melbourne races thats 4 races next year (just a thought)

Mike, I'm definitely in for Melbourne and Valdosta even if it is as a cheerleader! If I am able to run, it will be P-Mono, LSH, P Spec Rigger, and maybe N2 Mono!

Is Valdosta a 2 day race?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com