Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why does my boat pull

no binding its nuts it s running wide open throttle and i am not touching the trigger??? and turning on it s own?? i have no control what so ever, its like someone else is running the boat? i am trying to post video but still loading????

OK? recharged all 3 batts and went to another pond, and the boat did the same thing ?? runs wild and then stops and then takes off again??lol

Is this happening on 6 cell or 7 cell packs? If it is on 7 cell packs. You will need to run a receiver pack and disconnect the bec wire.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

running 7 cells and a batt for receiver pack and disconnected the bec wire, been like that for about a year and never had this trouble with this supervee? i run the same when running 6 cells ?

bummer ,now with recharged batt s the steering is works but the boat wont arm??? and if you try to reset esc there is nothing? no beeps at all? after switching receiver s my blackjack beeps ,so hook reciever back to supervee and no beeps but the steering works??? another bad esc??
    Last edited by jlr3rd1; 07-12-2009 at 05:44 PM.

Make sure you have the ESC lead plugged into the Ch2 position on your receiver and verify that it is plugged in with the correct polarity.
    Government Moto:

ok the wires coming from the esc is pluged in to the ch 2 jack? thats the one that has the cut red wire?? the wire pluged into the ch 2 looks like it has corrosion on it??? i hit the contacts with some sand paper ? now the esc arms!! wood that cause the boat to run on its own?? out of the water the boat works fine the steering and the throttle works, but in the water different story?????
    Last edited by jlr3rd1; 07-12-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Check all the wires. You may have intermittent contact.
    Government Moto:

Tried changing your batteries in the controller. sounds like radio problems. Also make sure the receiver aerial is not sitting on the ESC. I had similar problem. Now I tape the hatch and set the receiver in the back starboard (right ) side behind the battery in a lunchbox bag. Its important the keep the good electrice away from the bad electrics (battery cabels) as much as possible. I cut down the radio box to let me put the 10000 mah Lipos in.

all right will check the wire s and see? it scary putting it back on the water?? you just dont know???? also changed the batt s in the hand set to,when i hold the boat in my hand and squeeze the trigger the motor shutter s and you can feel it in the bottom of the boat? like a thump????
    Last edited by jlr3rd1; 07-13-2009 at 08:14 PM.

well the boat ran today? and under control:) but today the right side batt pack was extra hott!!! a lot hotter than normal??? i was running my 6 cells dtx 3800?

Were both batteries fully charged? If so, you may have a bad pack.
    Government Moto:

yes there were both fully charged? i had those batt s all last summer?

Try a different set. Did they get wet at any time? I suspect you have a bad pack.
    Government Moto:

ya but very little in the bottom of the boat??

Man..... you have exactly the same problems as I'm having with my SV. Boat ran fine on DTX 3800 6 cell packs. Then I switched to Electrifly 3600 7 cells and boat ran even better.......for a while. Then it started taking off on it's own and I thought someone else was on the same radio frequency. Switched back to 6 cells and no problem, then back to 7 cells and the problem came back. I know now that u can't run 7 cells with this ESC unless you cut the red wire from the ESC and use a separate receiver pack. But u had already done this and it still didn't work?????
    Also, the battery pack sitting on the right side of the boat is always hotter than the one on the left in my SV as well, doesn't matter type of pack. Could be ESC, watch closely as my boat once caught fire and melted everything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12