well yesterday ira got his widowmaker and i had a chance to play with it... here are a few first thoughts about the boat before we got it in the water:
1) this is not a fiberglass hull.. it is a ABS hull that is lined with fiberglass. the hatch and top deck are ABS not lined.
2) it uses the same Proboat style shaft as the fastech, this is a pain in the butt to service. (1/8 stub so you can not just replace the cable. you have to replace the strut to get a 3/16 to 1/8 stub shaft or use a .098 cable)
3) 6 cell NIMI fits in the recomended location. we tried 3 2s LIPO's from max amp 3000mah to zippy 4900mah and none of them fit sidways in the hull as recomended. this was no big deal we just moved the reciever and matched the cog with one pack on the side.
4) man this thing is UGLY!!

after hitting the water on 2s lipo this is what happened:
less than 1 minute it was upside down. i thought on 2s it would be slow with a 2900kv motor but speed wasn't the issue. it goes about 25mph which is way faster than needed given it handles like a brick... tall and top heavy it doesnt turn good at all, slow to react and have to back out to avoid flipping... then there is the hop... we got some of that worked out with adjustments but needs more help. after 2 runs the stock prop broke, replaced it with a x435 and it is now slow to plane.

we ran about 3 packs (6 x 2 minute runs) and my overall impression was not good. i recomended putting it back in the box and on e-bay. if i was a new commer to boating and got this RTR i would have had a hard time with it.. im sure with some tweeking it will be ok but am worried that hopping it up will only magnify the ill handleing hull... after running this i let ira drive my no-step 1 2s 8s and see what a 2s boat should be like.... day and night in speed and handleing

please keep this review alive and try to help with mods or fixes for this boat. the size is good and i always like to see newcommers to N2 but this isnt going to be competitive against real hulls (not RTR's). i dont mean to be harsh but it is like compairing a super-vee to a delta force 29".