Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miss Attitude 88 mph run

You have been running a Hydra 120 all this time? Well... I am surprised it lasted this long!
    Hydra 240 man, at least!
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

No .....look more closely at the burnt up vid.Half the hydra is what your looking at. the other half is there too. .......240 !! She went up in flames real good this time LOL !!!!!!

Good job Given the off-camera noise at the end of the video, with the powers vested in me I hereby appoint you honorary membership in the Speed Pond Longitudinal Acceleration Team [SPLAT]
    Last edited by properchopper; 09-26-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

* BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Thank you. I said i would stop at nothing until i saw that speed . Now i can take a break for a while.The thing is as soon as i go faster she blows over and now i have to adjust for 100+ mph. As soon as its dialed in for 100 and stays on the water then i will go for 105 .what? !!!! but first i need two good back to back long runs at 100 before i can move on. I tell you though the boat is taking a beating real hard...now the motor rips out when it crashes!!!!! Im glad i have a back up hull LOL . This is GREAT STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for everyones help. The best advise i ever got was from Fluid and especially UB Hauled for pre heating the batteries..makes a big diference in speeds!!!!1
    Last edited by Gary; 09-26-2009 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    No .....look more closely at the burnt up vid.Half the hydra is what your looking at. the other half is there too. .......240 !! She went up in flames real good this time LOL !!!!!!
    I see it now... that was a good burn, welcome to Beyond Unrecognizable Recognition Nationwise (BURN) club... am I stretching it now? LOL
    On that same note, take a look at what I did to this poor CC 110HV
    Attached Images Attached Images

What kind of hull and how many cells?

Chris

If you asking me Chris, it was an Aeromarine 1/8 scale Hydro on 10s, 1527/1.5Y w/ a 447 prop on... the run lasted 10 seconds. It was running loose and pretty... and then... no response.

Man, it's hard to find good cheap child labor for videography at 5:45am, eh?
    Andre

The way kids are these days it's hard to find any help from them...
    LOL

Yes indeed. I used to get really good video when it ran alittle slower but now i dont no what the problem is. No one tracks it through the camera they track it looking at it and POINTING the camera. I will get this right soon LOL i swear!!!!! Ub hauled nice melt down!!!!!!!! I think the worst part is the stench afterwards that wont come off your hands!!!
    Last edited by Gary; 09-27-2009 at 04:39 PM.

yes, the smell ins something unforgetable.
    Last edited by Ub Hauled; 10-15-2009 at 10:26 PM.

Tryin for 105mph this weekend if the weather holds. I added more wieght up front so hopefully she stays down. It got real cold here though all of a sudden...like 45 degrees so it will be tough to keep the batteries warm.

God #$%@ it...... the Hydra crapped out. It worked perfect last outing and when i tested everything before going to lake again it would not arm so i have to wait for a replacement. I either get 20-30 runs or 2-4 depending on the ESC's mood. #@#$$@#%%@@$^*)%#@!@$ AAAAAHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Gary; 10-21-2009 at 09:56 PM.

Gary, there's a lot of us pullin' for you - not a lot of people have the stones to go where you're going. There's obviously lots of frustration pushing the envelope out there in " Edge City" Keep the faith, Bro ! [ & Yup, I too am waiting for a replacement Hydra that curiously gave up the ghost rather unexpectedly ]
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Thanks Properchopper.that means alot and you guys have been great.You know, i dont know what my problem is. I do this with everything in life. I am never happy with the norm. I always did this with cars i built, 400,500,600,700 and 800hp street cars i will build and push the parts to the limit untill it finally stays togather then im happy. The boat is the same thing. My formula hull is my fun boat and will go 58 mph all day and is a blast..only because i will not touch it anymore ....just have fun and run it anywhere.The SAW boat...my god esc after esc, batteries like there is no tomorrow. I remember coming home saying all i want is 70mph , then 80 then 90..blew through that now i want 105. The amount of time i spend driving to and from the lake alone is crazy because this lake is the only big enough one to handle it. The worst part....I DONT EVEN COMPETE !!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just a thrill for me to see a 30 inch "model" boat go buy at a hundred and listen to peoples reaction. Buy the way i rotate 3 hydras and there all dead!!!!!LOL............ But thanks again buddy!

Still waiting for the ESC. Im hopeing for this Sunday morning.

Esc is back........ Man.....Castle must be havin some issues. But anyhow Its real cold here so im hopeing for a good day soon. My goal was to get over 105 before the end of the year but its not looking good. Also installed an Eagle tree so i will see whats happening during a run. hope to have some good news soon. Luckely this lake i go to has nuclear water in it. Even at 25-30 degrees air temps lately she STILL hasent froze over LOL.

WoW that took along time to get to you....
    I sent my hydra 120 in 2 weeks ago got it Dec. 19

Well that didnt last long. My new 240 smoked. Its time to get a handle on this and find out what im doing wrong!!!

New upgrades are in the works /45-90c 520amp batteries and a custom Hyda from Castle. Im shootin for at least 106-108mph consistently..........if she stays togather LOL. Impacts at that speed break everything apart in the boat. Hopefully within the month and if the ice goes away.
    Last edited by Gary; 02-07-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Hopefully within the month and if the ice goes away.
    Like I suggested in another thread, just throw out some Redneck Ice Remover Bars [dynamite sticks] to clear away that pesky ice. Be sure to keep the dog locked in the car when you do.

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Like I suggested in another thread, just throw out some Redneck Ice Remover Bars [dynamite sticks] to clear away that pesky ice. Be sure to keep the dog locked in the car when you do.
    LOL, I saw that video... LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12