Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miss Attitude 88 mph run

Default Miss Attitude 88 mph run

Another vid ...not the best and my son cuts video at end for some reason but i did get 88.0 mph out of her. I had him stay on it start to finish to see mph but he forgot at the end. Next time. Almost at 90mph WoooHooo!!!!! Remember this is only a gps run so its probably much much slower to the pro racers on this forum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWpp03l4gWM OOOOPS heres the mph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwAz-ws4KUU
    Last edited by Gary; 07-26-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Gary, she's running pretty!
    are you pre-heating the lipos?
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

sweet gettin near that 90 mph congrats
    THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

Beautiful lake..
    Brod..

Yes.... thanks to you UB. I get them a little warm and throw them in. That lake is great. I call it the Nuculer pond. It has bright green water in the summer and almost never ices up in the winter. It is also spooky at night with some strange stuff jumping around, Its an old quary pit that still has the crane at the bottom. Now if i can just get my kid to make a complete "clean" video ill be all set LOL
    Last edited by Gary; 07-08-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Well im stuck at 88 mph. no matter what i do she will not go any faster.That sucks!! 2 mph away from my GPS goal.
    Last edited by Gary; 07-26-2009 at 08:35 PM.

Just blasted a 96.5 mph with a new motor installed. I put in a NEU 1527 1D....{Thanks Fluid}..... and the boat hauls now!!!I backed it up with a 94 and 1.5 volts down on the batteries. Im 8 mph faster than the last video. I will try and get a video up soon. I think she will go 100 this Sunday.
    Last edited by Gary; 09-07-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Just blasted a 96.5 mph with a new motor installed. I put in a NEU 1527 1D....{Thanks Fluid}..... and the boat hauls now!!!I backed it up with a 94 and 1.5 volts down on the batteries. Im 8 mph faster than the last video. I will try and get a video up soon. I think she will go 100 this Sunday.
    I'm looking forward to watching it!

Welp..... My son is having a hard time following this boat under full speed and so they didnt come out well at all. This vid is the best and its not good and very short aswell but it did muster a 93mph and he still didnt catch all the crash LOL.Its entertaining aswell LOL..........O-well next time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg9774r56qs here is another ....i swear im going to get this right next time !!!!!!!!1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ql_daLYtzw
    Last edited by Gary; 09-07-2009 at 10:36 PM.

And I was all happy that I broke 40 today....

That is very nice. Congrats Gary!

Thats how it all started buddy. My kid said to me tonight.Hey remember when all you wanted by the end of the day was 45mph and you where thrilled!!!! I was like oh yea..i remember and thats when it all started LOL.

Lol, Ive worked on my boat, trimming it out and moving stuff around more in the last 2 days since I got a GPS than I have in the 6 weeks or so Ive owned it.

Pre-GPS... charge batts, put boat in water. Run until just before the low voltage cut off takes effect. Bring boat in, smile and think, "that was a good run." Bring boat inside, remove hatch, check temps, wait til next outting, do it again.

Post-GPS... charge batts, put boat in water. Run one lap, bring boat in, remove hatch tape, check GPS, oops forgot to hit start, tape hatch back down, run another lap, bring boat back in, untape, check gps, re-tape, adjust strut, back in water, another lap.. untape... and on and on and on. Oh yea, and get frustrated because at some point you cannot get it back to where it was... LOL

Gary, those passes never seize to impress me... well done...

Thanks guys. My biggest problem is driving over my own wake when i throw the boat in so im going to try something different and send it down the middle of the lake. If i can get a clean pass im pretty sure it will go faster and can get a better video.

Just wait a minute till the wake settles. and please have your kid zoom out a tad i wana c it make i good pass. Great job, that's a runner u got

Cool

For the typical SAW pass at official events, most racers will stop at the far end of the lake and wait for the wake to settle down. Then we make one pass down the middle of the course, and if we can we follow that path back in the opposite direction (need back-to-back passes for records). Running in your own path means pretty flat water with no angled waves - as long as the next pass is pretty soon after the first pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    For the typical SAW pass at official events, most racers will stop at the far end of the lake and wait for the wake to settle down. Then we make one pass down the middle of the course, and if we can we follow that path back in the opposite direction (need back-to-back passes for records). Running in your own path means pretty flat water with no angled waves - as long as the next pass is pretty soon after the first pass.
    Jay, You stood next to me on the stand when I set my 2006 LSO record and instructed me to do just that; I was so green that I never asked you why I should wait { I thought it was to let the NIMH's breath some } Now I know [ BTW when does this green go away ? ]
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    ...BTW when does this green go away ? ]
    once you have a record...

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post

So true, Donald Campbell did not do that and that is one of the apparent reasons that Bluebird K7 flipped and he was killed.

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    once you have a record...
    I hold four records but still need all the help I can get
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

but you are not a "green horn" anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    but you are not a "green horn" anymore...
    That's debatable !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's not a green horn...it's an old fart horn.

Sorry couldn't help it!!

Ok Just came back from lake and made two runs like you said Fluid, come back through my own path. I looked over the lake and decided a new aproach . Boat ran a 98.2 mph and comeing back 97.0 mph but fliped at the end{hit some wake} I tryed runing it out as far as possible. Almost at 100.....

You might consider coming off the throttle gently at the end of the run. I think the stopped prop becomes an issue when getting out of it too quickly. Jay would have more on that.

What prop are you using?

M645 modded by me. Ive done at least 6-8 of these props and keep making small changes and keep going faster. Your wright Jeff i need to get in the habit of come off the throttle real slow to avoid flips.
    Last edited by Gary; 09-15-2009 at 09:48 PM.

I finally broke 100.Boat went 102 mph this morning, with a crash! Hydra decided to go up in smoke on shore and took out a battery aswell.Video sucks because i set it up on a trypod do to the fact i was by myself a 5:45 am so im not even going to post it. Here is some carnage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6eJo7a4O2E Ok here is the video. I had to set camera up on tripod so there is a long delay between turning on the camera and getting boat moving so fast forward to the halfway point. Again not to good. I had to spilt it up between geting the boat and recording again. Remember fast forward !!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDWFJSyFuAU
    Last edited by Gary; 09-28-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Congrats!!

Good work....Just like anything else, when you push equipment to the limits its just a matter of time. I would like to see the run.
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast