Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 56.4 mph GENERAL VEE

Talking 56.4 mph GENERAL VEE

I have had my SV27 for about 2 years now and finally decided to upgrade her a bit.I have the orange SV on which i have the General Lee (Vee) theme going but just recently decide to strip it down and and get a little more speed out of her.Before the upgrades i had a pretty steady 38 mph with a 3 blade grim racer prop and everything else stock other than a UL-1 cooling jacket on the motor . After an ammo motor, Etti a prather prop and a few goodies from kintec racing i was able to reach 56.4 mph on my first pass on GPS the only thing bad about the whole thing is that i had to use a friend lipos to do it the only lipos i have on hand are 15C these only got me to about 38 mph its amazing the difference batteries will make .There will be a video up soon though i dont think it will do the boat any justice though this thing looks sick skimming across the water but on the video the GPS shows I think 55 mph (of course) this was the 2nd and then I had trouble with wires and had to shut it down .Sorry for rambling I'm just really excited about it and have to tell everyone even my wife who doesn't really care.

Here's the video of the GV27, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVdrNVSra5U

Sorry if there is no audio, i violated copyright laws by adding Dio- Holy Diver and youtube made me select another track and the audio is still processing.

Congratulations! What motor? Ammo 2030 or 2300 and what prather prop? C'mon, you can share...
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Damn that's fast!!!!

My SV is pretty fast with the setup I have but not that fast. I still have everything stock except the prop (GrimRacer 42-55) and running high quality 7 cell NiMh (too broke for lipo). With my setup the boat is really unstable but hella fast, though not quite as fast as yours. It flops from side to side and hops out of the water at speed.
    So, how did you trim your boat to get it so stable at those speeds?? Also, I like the polished hardware, how did you go about doing that?

Hopefully we can get a video this weekend of 56.4 mph or more, his first run gpsed at 56.4, he could have possibly gotten better due to a bad soldering job due to my soldering iron being crappy and the connector came off the battery, so potentially he may not be getting the best connection with the batteries in this video.

anyway MORE VIDEOS LIKE THIS COMING THIS WEEKEND!

Thanks Dom, and I have no secrets if it makes it easier than the trial and error thing go for it. The motor I am using is an Ammo 36-56-2600 with a Prather 230, big I know but the temps seemed to be O.K. .Tbone my tabs are straight even with the bottom of the hull you might need to slide your batteries forward a bit take the wooden battery treys out if you didn't already and run a strip of good velcro all along the side of the hull for COG adjusments this really helps the Supervee.The hardware was done in regular old oven cleaner, spray it let it sit a few and wash it off and the anodizing is gone really simple then you can polish it if you wanted to but i left mine a raw aluminum as the General Lee's mags are and i also have kintec racing trim tab adjusters back there these are nice and add an extra water pick-up

sweet jam on the video chris
    Last edited by BIGDG357; 07-03-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Wicked sound track!!!! Never mind the boat.......
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

That thing rips I would love to hear it with no sound track that motor should be zinging some rpm. thats music to me.

Ill post it without any soundtrack soon.

Quote Originally Posted by line6 View Post
    That thing rips I would love to hear it with no sound track that motor should be zinging some rpm. thats music to me.
    Great running boat,,,the music however...

it does scream it sounds sick there will be another run tomorrow.For this video I didn't quiet have everything together I was only able to run one water cooling tube in and kind of held the speed control down with velcro.Last night I ran my 2nd cooling line in and made a small bracket to mount the Etti to it's about as good as it'll get thats alot of stuff for this hull but i'll try to get a good video in tomorrow. Has anyone run the prather 230(48mm-3.0 pitch) before, I figured it would cause a little heat but it seamed O.K. however I did only get 3 or 4 passes in
    Last edited by BIGDG357; 07-03-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Wow!
    this makes me kinda wana put my revo 6XL motor in my SV and see what happens!

I'm looking to replace my 15c lipos ,any suggestions without breaking the bank?

the new hyperion cells seem to be the ticket...
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Thanks Ub I checked into them and the hyperions are priced a little lower than I expected.Right now i have a bunch of Hong Kong ebay crap that by the way I'll never buy anything else from top_racing2007 the guy has been having a set of 2s 30c 5200mah that I sent in months ago for the cell puffing after 2 cycles and when I email him (every day) he pretends to not know what I'm talking about (when he feels like replying) but anyway.How about running a single 5s pack up forward of the motor would that be to heavy because at this speed it seems really light up there or should i stick with the 2 2s i have the hyperion duo and could charge 2 runs w/ 5s packs instead of 1 run w/ the 2s packs....just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDG357 View Post
    Thanks Ub I checked into them and the hyperions are priced a little lower than I expected.Right now i have a bunch of Hong Kong ebay crap that by the way I'll never buy anything else from top_racing2007 the guy has been having a set of 2s 30c 5200mah that I sent in months ago for the cell puffing after 2 cycles and when I email him (every day) he pretends to not know what I'm talking about (when he feels like replying) but anyway.How about running a single 5s pack up forward of the motor would that be to heavy because at this speed it seems really light up there or should i stick with the 2 2s i have the hyperion duo and could charge 2 runs w/ 5s packs instead of 1 run w/ the 2s packs....just a thought.
    Oh man! I have those batteries and I hope mine keep working good..

I want those stickers bro to put on my orange vee

eBay man, its good for some things thats where I got the flag my wife made the 01s she's pretty crafty.As far as the batteries I have 2 sets from that guy one set is still all good but they are 15c and just don't have enough umph with this same set up with these batteries I gpsed 39mph threw in my buddys 25cs and bam 56.4mph .Anyway good luck with those batteries.

Stock SV with my ebay 30c batteries with a CF48 prop I've gotten 41.3mph!

sorry guys the video didnt happen this weekend top speed 50mph wind blowing to hard and the water just a tad bit choppy all we had were wipe outs but i am still trying to top my 56.4 mark ........ one day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2dWvsq2nVg

Wind conditions werent on our side

Edit: That gas engine you are hearing is a Blackjack 55 ran up to some branches in the middle of the bayou.

Quote Originally Posted by Christaphason View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2dWvsq2nVg

Wind conditions werent on our side

Edit: That gas engine you are hearing is a Blackjack 55 ran up to some branches in the middle of the bayou.
    It's a Bird, It's Plane, It's Super.....
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

For anyone questioning the tactic systems they are worth getting the supervee took on water twice really bad and everything in it was totally submerged due to the hatch tape being ripped off on the crashes and both times I only took the shell off of the RX dried it out and right back in the water she went ,no problems.Like always the camera was broken out to late (due to the wind) and we missed a few really good crashes

I can't believe the caps of that etti havn't blown yet, my buddies blew after one run in his blackjack w/ an 1800kv ammo on 5s w/ i think a 42 55 prop
    Last edited by 6S HYDRO; 07-07-2009 at 04:12 PM.

intruder s 58.4 blow over on 4sp1 31"
    catamaran

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=3a7f05f5.pbr
    Last edited by bigpapa; 09-04-2009 at 01:21 PM.
    THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

Quote Originally Posted by 6S HYDRO View Post
    I can't believe the caps of that etti havn't blown yet, my buddies blew after one run in his blackjack w/ an 1800kv ammo on 5s w/ i think a 42 55 prop
    after 4 or 5 passes running the length you see on the video the caps get pretty warm ,about 130 degrees I only make a few passes and let it cool also i am looking for a different prop.I have an M440 running around 50mph and running a little cooler but the set-up started out just to find out how fast she'll go the ammo was something I already had and just threw that in there a more reliable set-up is coming pretty soon. I think I'll try this in my UL-1 first?

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    intruder s 58.4 blow over on 4sp1 32"
    catamaran

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=3a7f05f5.pbr
    Nice boat , nice wipeout also.That will be my next investment, a cat of that size is that the UL-1 gear in there?

yes 2030 ammo and ul-1 esc
    THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

The time has come for the next investment,where do you get the intruder 32's from I've been looking but can,'t seem to find them for sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast