Thread: cant full throttle my UL-1

Default cant full throttle my UL-1

So Ive ran my UL-1 maybe 5 times. But all of a sudden its doing something weird. Basically, I cant full throttle it. When I do, the boat just quits. Then about 10 seconds later, it beeps, and its fine again. I can run it at about 3/4 of the throttle, but if I go any higher, boat quits. Driving this thing isnt nearly as fun as full throttle. Everything is stock, except for a Kintec water jacket, but I know that has nothing to do with it. Anyone else have this problem or know whats causing it?

probaly a bad connection at motor or esc check all connections if all good it's the esc

good luck
    THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

Low voltage cut off maybe?

what batteries are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    what batteries are you using?

Two Thunder Power 2-cell 3200MAH Lipos.

sounds like the bad capacitor issue ...... check the top of your cap and if its swollen or even just a tad bit rounded then it has popped and will need to be replaced... i just had the same issue with my ul-1 and it was indeed a bad cap as other here have said.

or you could send it back in to get it replaced as long as is still within the warranty limit and you got the receipt :/

The capaciter has a bump on the top, so I take it thats the problem? I dont have a warranty anymore. I just ordered a 10 pack of the rubycons from kintec racing. I just pull the old one off and solder on a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by troettele81 View Post
    The capaciter has a bump on the top, so I take it thats the problem? I dont have a warranty anymore. I just ordered a 10 pack of the rubycons from kintec racing. I just pull the old one off and solder on a new one?

yeah pull the old one off but solder the new one directly to the power wires. that should fix your problem. :)