Thread: a bit dissapointed!

Default a bit dissapointed!

Well finally took my bj out for a run today with my new set-up (ammo 2300, seaking 120a, fullers hardware, sharpend and balanced x642, and 2x 7.4v 5000mah lipos) and was not impressed with the speed i got it seemed alot slower than stock speed, can anyone give some info on what i can do to improve speeds? would post pics but my chick has the camera. Any advice would be great. Thanks guys.

oh i forgot to mention the lipos are 20c

Cool

Not without more information. How long did you run and how hot was everything? What strut setting are you using? You do have the packs wired in series?

Guesses? The x642 is too much prop for the new motor - it has a much higher Kv than the stock BJ motor does. Try an x440 or x442 first. Raise the strut as high as possible with 1 degree up at the prop end. Move the CG back. Otherwise not much to tell without more info. Photos would be most helpful.

Yep...that combo should just rip out of the hole and be in the high 40s! Better check your cells and if para or series wiring...it would sound like they are not in series. anything getting hot? good lube, smooth driveline,etc?

nothing got to hot, everything moves freely, im runing them in series. how do you post pics? i wana get this thing figured out

Try this, hook up the stock motor to your new setup, if it is not the same speed as stock your esc has prob. Got programming issues.

Also that is prob too much prop for a 2 pole motor and 2300kv. The stock motor in my opinion is way beter. It being a 4 pole'r it can definately spin that 642. And you can run it on 5s no problem (2s +3s in series)

Here's how to post a picture motorhead. Easy when you get the hang of it.
    All the best.
    Paul.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...read.php?t=401

thnks guys for all the help, il be headin out to the river for the weekend to give the real boat a run but will post some pics. wen i get back. later guys and have a happy 4th of july....