Page 5 of 176 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Skippies and Kiwis

Sorry Guys, i'm sure you saw this all coming, it was the lack of FE at the recent masters that did it for me, thanks to all that have helped me out over all recent years, i apereciate it very much.

Maybe if FE gets back on its feet, i will start up again.

Cheers Blokes

John Out....
    returning to boats after a big break

Quote Originally Posted by Apples1 View Post
    Sorry Guys, i'm sure you saw this all coming, it was the lack of FE at the recent masters that did it for me, thanks to all that have helped me out over all recent years, i apereciate it very much.

Maybe if FE gets back on its feet, i will start up again.

Cheers Blokes

John Out....
    John do not be in a hurry to sell your boat. It does not matter if it collects dust for a month or two. Sometimes after a break from things we want to return and you know how expensive it is to start all over again.
    If you do sell it do not let it go at a bargain price.
    Good luck with whatever you do.
    Several boats in various stages of destruction

Bloody hell John!! Perhaps you could run a big gasser in open mono and still keep a boat or two in the EA hydro or mono class? It must have been very off putting with your rigger purchase problems but do not give it away all together. Unlike myself who is 500km from the nearest race venue and a single dad that makes it hard to go racing you are in a great place to have a crack. Hope you keep racing a FE of some sort.

Apples1 Fe guys are very strong. Think about your descion

douggie

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Unlike myself who is 500km from the nearest race venue and a single dad that makes it hard to go racing you are in a great place to have a crack.
    Andy single dad means NO WIFE . Mate there are many of us that wish we were in that position.
    Have you any idea how many of us married guys can not go racing because the wife needs a new dress or her car is getting old and she needs a new one?
    Being 500km from the black stump and no wife sounds good to me.
    I will trade you my wife for that sport 40

i to have my daughter and no real chance of racing, racing is only 100klm away but up here thats a 4 hour round trip.
    and daughter has ballet now on Saturday morning
    good news is no wife

NO way Paddy, how about that sport 40 for your sister?

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    NO way Paddy, how about that sport 40 for your sister?
    OK the sport 40 for my sister and her pimp. Done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzessperated View Post
    John do not be in a hurry to sell your boat. It does not matter if it collects dust for a month or two. Sometimes after a break from things we want to return and you know how expensive it is to start all over again.
    If you do sell it do not let it go at a bargain price.
    Absolutly right there Paddy !!

I have a plan.
    John send me that rigger less motor and speedy and I'll make sure that it is dusted at least once a week so that it always shines on the shelf.
    Naturally to keep the hull in top order it needs to be wet occasionally and I would take time from my busy life to ensure this. I would gently bath it in the clear waters of the local pond and then towel dry it for another week on the shelf.

If you would like me to take on the arduous task of storing and caring for your rigger I will be happy to do so.

Let me know so I can clear a bit of shelf space and lay down some fine velvet for it.
    See it....find the photos.....sketch it it....build it........with wood

did some painting on the sprintcat today check out my spray booth and custom boat stand (this ones lighter than they other one simon)
    boats now in the custom oven (bathroom with heater on)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie-crawl View Post
    did some painting on the sprintcat today check out my spray booth and custom boat stand (this ones lighter than they other one simon)
    boats now in the custom oven (bathroom with heater on)
    There are some nice legs in that first pic

We have very similar spray booths Ozzie.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Andy,
    I tested your old Xzess 2 today on the new Elite battery. I have to learn how to accelerate all over again with this battery. Sponsons were lifting from the water every time I gave it too much. I finally thought I had nailed it as she was traveling fast and smooth so I gave her the gun. She lifted her legs into the sky and over she went. On about the second cartwheel I heard a loud bang. The wind blew her into shore and after I removed the hatch tape I found the damage. The ply the motor was mounted on had broken the epoxy and came free of the hull.
    It is just a simple repair job but I cant wait to get back to the pond and see what the top speed is. It only showed 90.2 on the gps and I guess it was about that speed that I gave it full noise and she threw her legs into the sky. That little Feigao is honkin.

I apologize again guys for talking boats on this thread.

. That little Feigao is honkin.

I apologize again guys for talking boats on this thread.
    Feigaos rock

We, the Aussies and Kiwis, shall set the rules as to what can and can not be posted here within the limits of decency.
    Given that this is after all a boat forum then all is good there Paddy !!

That X2 sounds like a lot of fun to run, I have a slower/smaller rigger that does the same trick. 12s fed by 3S over a 632 in the small rigger, it will lift a sponson on the bend if I nail it at the right moment. It is a hoot to watch.

Paddy sounds awesome, we do not mind damage like that! It is a vacu pickle mount and they are robust enough to take some crap. It has been in for what? 3yrs or more and I gave it the same sort of torture so can not complain! May be drop the strut 2-3 mm to get over that want to back flip stage. I feel my 116kmh with that boat is a very temporary record for the boat!!
    Hope you liked the NZ national anthem , when Simon sends me his email I will forward but you have probably done that already!

Give it a few weeks Paddy and it will be the battle of the riggers, new one coming soon

I thought that the Aussies and misdirected Scotsmen were into sheep ... but that Kiwi's were more into goats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER1bayW8OrE
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    I thought that the Aussies and misdirected Scotsmen were into sheep ... but that Kiwi's were more into goats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER1bayW8OrE
    Chuck,
    Well everyone in the group was going along just fine with their therapy until you mentioned goats and sheep. They were on the road to recovery and all visiting my sister on a regular basis but now I suspect that most will revert back to their former selves. As if the poor farmers of the world do not have enough to worry about, not to mention the loss of income my sister will suffer.

Andy,
    My riggers will not see which way your new rigger went. Maybe it is time for me to sell my boats and buy more gliders and planes.

paddy I am sorry about the loss of income to your sister. I am sure that her popularity would have been short lived as they would have gone back to the sheep and goats in due time anyway.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Love you idiots and your knowledge

Douggie the wanker

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Love you idiots and your knowledge

Douggie the wanker
    Dougie do not worry as I saved you from a fate worse than death. Paddy does not have a sister ... it was he dressed in drag!!!

IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    paddy I am sorry about the loss of income to your sister. I am sure that her popularity would have been short lived as they would have gone back to the sheep and goats in due time anyway.
    Yes, you are correct Chuck. She is only a woman and you cant talk sense to them.

Love you too Douggie (that's called male bonding girls)

Chuck,
    Well everyone in the group was going along just fine with their therapy until you mentioned goats and sheep. They were on the road to recovery and all visiting my sister on a regular basis but now I suspect that most will revert back to their former selves. As if the poor farmers of the world do not have enough to worry about, not to mention the loss of income my sister will suffer.
    you meen we was suppose to pay her,
    i didnt think it was fair that she charges $60 hour,but if i must then i will send her a cheque for 25 cents for the 15 seconds we spent togethor

Andy,
    My riggers will not see which way your new rigger went. Maybe it is time for me to sell my boats and buy more gliders and planes.
    talking about boats in this section is one thing but gliders and planes thats sacrilege

talking about boats in this section is one thing but gliders and planes thats sacrilege
    Hey ozzie here is my other boat...

PS. I will tell my sister what you said

being rather new to boats i cant tell if thats a hydro,mono or cat
    maybe its one of them rigger thingys
    as far as your sister goes why should i pay for an hour of pleaser if i only get 15 seconds worth

How many times do I have to tell you guys ?? Any mention of sisters must be posted with PHOTOS !!!

Paddy, that is a very cool boat !! Tell Scott that it is a very advanced rigger and that will confuse the %&$# out of him....it is easy to do !!

Goats are nice................................curried.

i knew all along it was a rigger, i think he may have over proped it tho

i knew all along it was a rigger, i think he may have over proped it tho
    Nice observation there Scott.

Now Paddy needs to try one trick with this "boat"of his swap two motor wires and see if it will work as a pusher style canard.

That will test ya flying skills.

Hey ozzie here is my other boat...

PS. I will tell my sister what you said

Paddy, you mean the farmer allowed you to rescue that piece of crap from his tree.
    Here is a pic of my sister, it has been shown before and received no I want to .....
    her. She/he was very hurt

Douggie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Andy,
    there are some days we go to the pond and come home with a big smile on our face. This morning was such a morning for me.
    I took your old Xzess 2 out to test it. As you know from a previous post I had not found the top speed on the new Elite Lipo. I changed nothing except to re-grease the shaft. Here are the results

4s Elite LiPo, Feigao 6xl, Octura X642 = 109 kph NEW RECORD
    This compares with...
    4s PolyQuest LiPo, Feigao 6xl, Octura X642 = 104 kph Old Record

After 6 runs the top temp was the esc and that was 107 degrees. Battery and motor were 84 and 85 respectively. Looking at those temps maybe a bigger prop will not hurt. Put your thinking cap on M8.
    109 kph = 67mph to save anyone converting it.

Page 5 of 176 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast