Page 174 of 176 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,220 of 5254

Thread: Skippies and Kiwis

LOL.. cheers for the welcome.

I dont think i can call the tenshock mini eco a FE... but will suffice
    That mandurah club is worth looking into next time we visit my nan.

Too far and 8:45am rego.. i would have to leave at like 6:30am to get there in time.. but that is better than the south geralton club (i mean wanaroo)

wow.. the tenshock arrived today..

Looks awesome..

Going out on friday with the gasser and this little baby.
    Get some fishing foam floats and make a bit of a course

Well, I am not a card carrying member of either the fair islands of Kiwis or the big blob of Wallabies, but from the distant land of neanderthal beings, where men are men and wear skirts and have a fondness for warm and cuddly lovers..... I am now residing in Canada and have setup a missionary to convert the inhabitants to Scottish ways, such as...how to get on the dole for life...tribal warfare....alcohol solves all issues...and many other wonderful traits.

Welcome Jason...this is a strange bunch of characters that haunt this thread, but we have a love of FE boats and inquiring minds into human nature!!!

Douggie

Dougie, I was thinking about you. That black motor I got from you is still going strong. First I had it the XS2 doing better than 60 mph and now it's in a VS-1 doing better than 50 mph with a K&B lower unit.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Hi Chuck, I was also thinking about you and I am glad that, that motor still has some get up and go in its old windings. I also remember the abuse I endured about the condition of that motor on this forum from some members who constantly reminded me of my wiring/painting/finishing skills! ....That prop you "mangled" for me is still a grand performer... are you still in the prop finishing business?

Douggie

This is just disreputable for all us dedicated roo wranglers .. to find our much maligned posts herded to page 2...
    be rooted, if that's proper !

It's just finished winter down under, bloody cold and miserable .. Spring is here.. recent days seen 30+c bliss

RC Boating/flying/car time is back !

come on Aussie !!!
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    This is just disreputable for all us dedicated roo wranglers .. to find our much maligned posts herded to page 2...
    be rooted, if that's proper !

It's just finished winter down under, bloody cold and miserable .. Spring is here.. recent days seen 30+c bliss

RC Boating/flying/car time is back !

come on Aussie !!!
    Who said what, where Doc?
    Several boats in various stages of destruction

Come on you marsupials.....Aussie footy is over (Hawks! Has Launceston recovered) .....the ewes are bleating....the last Ford Falcon GT rolled off the production line....A Herdsmans Cove man has been charged with drink driving after allegedly returning a reading almost five times the legal limit.....Spring has sprung.

Douggie

Hahaha Douggie you old wombat it is so good to know you are still about. 5 times over the legal limit just shows the boy is but a teenager. Give him time and he will do better.
    I have been so busy building a garden, fences and drains at the new house but the end is in sight. Doc Wayne is talking about coming here soon so we can go to a wooden boat festival. I love those old boats and the craftsmanship that goes into making them. June works for a guy that has built one with a steam engine in it and he even uses it to go fishing in. I will post some pics of the old boats if we go but it is not until February. Yes spring has sprung and time to wipe the dust off the boats and grease my shaft and make some rooster tails.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Come on you marsupials.....Aussie footy is over (Hawks! Has Launceston recovered) .....the ewes are bleating....the last Ford Falcon GT rolled off the production line....A Herdsmans Cove man has been charged with drink driving after allegedly returning a reading almost five times the legal limit.....Spring has sprung.

Douggie

Paddy, you sound in good spirits and have almost reached the end of the trials and tribulations of a new house. I just moved into a brand new digs and did not lift a finger and love it. The only issue was the angst in dealing with numerous individuals egos, greed and downright skullduggery in the sale of the previous apartment complex of which I was one of many owners.
    It is great that you and the Doc will be off to view that boat festival and yes they are a labour of love, skill and time......enjoy greasing your shaft and watch out for trees and corners in your other R/C hobbies.

Douggie

Yes Douggie, my health has improved a lot since I retired. It is amazing what 8 hours sleep does for us instead of 3 to 4 hours each night. I am looking forward to getting boats back on the water. I have been using my model planes and cars simply because they are easy things to get ready. I have had one of my cars up to 137kph and hope for more speed when I get time to do a body. I hope your house move kept you close to some boating water.

Paddy, you sound in good spirits and have almost reached the end of the trials and tribulations of a new house. I just moved into a brand new digs and did not lift a finger and love it. The only issue was the angst in dealing with numerous individuals egos, greed and downright skullduggery in the sale of the previous apartment complex of which I was one of many owners.
    It is great that you and the Doc will be off to view that boat festival and yes they are a labour of love, skill and time......enjoy greasing your shaft and watch out for trees and corners in your other R/C hobbies.

Douggie

Paddy just announced completion of his goat proof fence .. so now it's safe for Douggie to come visit us down under, because the fence will keep him safe at night from those territorial billy goats ( or is the fence to keep Paddy inside at night ?? )
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Anyone still here?
    Brisbane,QLD, Aussie

Some of us still lurk around this dusty place.
    Gday mate.
    Lol

Time to get the dusting rag out and let a bit of Aussie humour be doled out... I saw that Andy Pandy was in top form at the open....total collapse ...I guess his balls were deflated....Dolly would have put on a better show at least she could have said baaaahhhh rather than Andy's gesticulations and mutterings.

Douggie

cool,
    I'm getting back into the hobby after almost 3 yrs out, , just seeing who's still around.
    Brisbane,QLD, Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by Heath M View Post
    cool,
    I'm getting back into the hobby after almost 3 yrs out, , just seeing who's still around.
    Same Heath. Just got to dust the boats down, grease the shafts, excite the batteries and I should be away. I will wait until it cools off a bit more as some locals think water is only for fishing in.
    Hi Douggie you old wombat. Good to see you are still here too. Doc Wayne and one of his friends from the US of A have been playing with pigs balls on FaceBook. I was pleased when it finally come around to pictures of scantily dressed women.

Hi ya paddy long time no type with lol I sold most of my stuff so having to falk out big dollars again. I did keep a 35" mono that j6st needs electrics so thats a start. I think you may have even bought some of my gear.
    is Andy still boating?
    Brisbane,QLD, Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by Heath M View Post
    Hi ya paddy long time no type with lol I sold most of my stuff so having to falk out big dollars again. I did keep a 35" mono that j6st needs electrics so thats a start. I think you may have even bought some of my gear.
    is Andy still boating?
    Yes a long time and you are coming back at a bad time with the Aussie dollar falling so low. I am sure I did get some of your gear. I have intentions of fixing up all the dings and repaint most of my boats as I get time. I am retired but never have enough time lol
    I believe Andy is still boating but just does not come to the forums anymore. Doc W will be able to tell you more about that. Andy went gas with his boats.

AU still has a largish crowd of people playing toy boats... and the % of those with electric is increasing each month ..
    AndyM was selling his gas rigger last I spoke with him ( 2013 or 4?) but I now know less of him than of the Lockness Monster..
    Ive had a year and bit off due corrective surgery to a busted half leg .. hopes are high to be walking and stalking pretty young ladies again soon ...
    Oh, always building/running/breaking and/or selling boats ...
    Low mobility at the lake offered more shed time
    Michael B has been commissioned to build me a 44 " of the Problem Child Bullet Hydro .. hopes are high for a launch before mid year ( hurry up, matey ! )
    My EntropyLipo sponsored Kris Flynn now holds a world record at SAW .. his EA Sports hydro eclipsed the crowd at 97.22mph ...... a new setting for others to beat ...

Almost living the dream

Good to see this thread coming back to life. Haven't had much contact with the down under folks except for Doc Wayne. Paddy sorry for how the Packers did at the NFC playoffs ... very disappointed in how they played the last 5 minutes of the game.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    Good to see this thread coming back to life. Haven't had much contact with the down under folks except for Doc Wayne. Paddy sorry for how the Packers did at the NFC playoffs ... very disappointed in how they played the last 5 minutes of the game.
    Hi Chuck and sorry for putting you in Jail but you were not the only one. Anyone that had a model went in there. Bad boat day lol. Ahhh the Packers done a lot better than St Kilda Chuck. The girls choir that sing at Doc Wayne's brothel on Sunday mornings could play with balls better than St Kilda last year.
    Are you still doing props Chuck? I cant sharpen an axe and I have problems with my own balance now-days so I would have Buckley's hope of doing a prop.

What's going on below Chuck?
    Belichick_620.jpg

Default Chicken Catcher

Douggie I am sure you came across this guy in the chicken sheds at night.

This guy put a tear in my eye and I sure could play boats with him. I guess he is famous by now but last night was the first time I had seen him and I was totally gobsmacked once he started to sing

Paddy, I am not a big fan of country music but the way he waltzed onto the stage and answered the questions was classic...loved him right away and the boy can play...much preferred the simple solo with guitar to the overdone mainstream version.
    Good to see that a lot of the old farts are alive and kicking...a lot has changed in the years for me...got divorced for the second time....retired...almost went back to Bonny Scotland (too expensive)...gave up the bottle or I would be dead....still play with toys.....love travelling(met a whole bunch of Aussies on my last trip and we had fun!!)....no lassies at this moment (have not found one that could put with me and me with them!) but all in all life is grand, except for the aging process (creaky bones) but that is life.

Douggie

Paddy, I am not a big fan of country music but the way he waltzed onto the stage and answered the questions was classic...loved him right away and the boy can play...much preferred the simple solo with guitar to the overdone mainstream version.
    Good to see that a lot of the old farts are alive and kicking...a lot has changed in the years for me...got divorced for the second time....retired...almost went back to Bonny Scotland (too expensive)...gave up the bottle or I would be dead....still play with toys.....love travelling(met a whole bunch of Aussies on my last trip and we had fun!!)....no lassies at this moment (have not found one that could put with me and me with them!) but all in all life is grand, except for the aging process (creaky bones) but that is life.

Douggie
    Country is not something I buy Douggie but I can listen to it and I agree with you about his performance. He did go on and win Americas Got Talent (Just none in the Whitehouse) in 2009 and won a million dollars for his trouble. I haven't researched more but I bet he has a steady income these days. Good to see a poor boy make good.
    Don't talk to me about pain Douggie, I have been married too and technically still am. I think the pain of having a wife is worse that what our tired old bodies throw at us everyday. A new set of knees and some bromide in my tea to settle the trouser snake a little and i would be good. I have retired and moved into the new house and still building the gardens, hothouse, berry garden, fences, gates, drains etc. I am loving being retired but even though I have said it a few times I have not really got to any regular RC boating but that is going to happen this winter. Not getting snow and ice here means winter is the best time for high speed runs as all our mornings give us water like glass. Well I should go and put the kettle on and sink a coffee. Good to hear you are still breathing atmosphere. I am going to leave OSE open every day but only on here this part at the moment as I am too busy to read all the other good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzessperated View Post
    Yes a long time and you are coming back at a bad time with the Aussie dollar falling so low. I am sure I did get some of your gear. I have intentions of fixing up all the dings and repaint most of my boats as I get time. I am retired but never have enough time lol
    I believe Andy is still boating but just does not come to the forums anymore. Doc W will be able to tell you more about that. Andy went gas with his boats.
    Aint that the truth, I just bought a hull in from Germany and had to re mortgage the house lol
    Brisbane,QLD, Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by Xzessperated View Post
    Hi Chuck and sorry for putting you in Jail but you were not the only one. Anyone that had a model went in there. Bad boat day lol. Ahhh the Packers done a lot better than St Kilda Chuck. The girls choir that sing at Doc Wayne's brothel on Sunday mornings could play with balls better than St Kilda last year.
    Are you still doing props Chuck? I cant sharpen an axe and I have problems with my own balance now-days so I would have Buckley's hope of doing a prop.

What's going on below Chuck?
    Belichick_620.jpg
    Paddy I would do props for you anytime.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Is there any chance that Tony will offer me an Australian knighthood? I think I have better credentials that Prince Phil....Might be a bit too late though, as Tony might be on the barbie tonight.

Douggie

Off with his head I say Douggie. He is a Rhodes Scholar but has no common sense at all.
    Is there any chance that Tony will offer me an Australian knighthood? I think I have better credentials that Prince Phil....Might be a bit too late though, as Tony might be on the barbie tonight.

Douggie

Not so hasty Paddy, I still want that knighthood. I can just see myself telling all wankers to piss off as I am a knight of the shepherd's pie, standing there in my wellies with my knotted hankie at a jaunty angle, resting on my almost bald head.

Douggie

Page 174 of 176 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 LastLast