Page 126 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 5254

Thread: Skippies and Kiwis

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    The All Blacks kicked the crap out of the Wallabies.

Douggie
    Douggie there is only one code of Football that matters in the educated part of Australia and that is AFL and St Kilda reigns supreme in that code

That should put the cat amongst the pigeons.

I'm sure that you have seen pharmaceutical advertising in doctor's offices on everything from tissues to note pads.
    Well, in my book, this one should get the prize....

I e-mailed it to my Chinese wife, June and she e-mailed back:
    "If the light stay on for more than 4 hour, call your erect-trician."

Doc W,
    The parcel arrived safely. Thanks very much. I feel I owe you something for all the trouble you went to. I will think of something

Quote Originally Posted by Boaterguy View Post
    Be careful, you're bordering on the dark side.
    Agreed! But I've been shopping around for a Blade 400 recently, having only flown my CX2 a bunch & my buddy's 120SR a couple times. So I totally understand how it happens :)

Just don't spend enough $ on it to where you'll hate yourself when (not if) you crash it
    [B]/ Custom Carbon Composite 28" Mono (Video)
    Sprintcat 29 (Mid-Build) / Blackjack 29 V3

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsabotage View Post
    Agreed! But I've been shopping around for a Blade 400 recently, having only flown my CX2 a bunch & my buddy's 120SR a couple times. So I totally understand how it happens :)

Just don't spend enough $ on it to where you'll hate yourself when (not if) you crash it
    That's why I bought the simulator and training kit, I figured it would be cheaper than parts in the long run. I figure in the last couple of days I would have gone through at least a hundred sets of blades if the simulator is any indication.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Well Paddy good deals come at a price. I have been practicing on the simulator and am fairly confident I could get it to hover with out to much trouble. So I installed the training kit and powered it up to check blade tracking and trim settings. It vibrated quite a bit and upon close inspection I discovered that the main drive shaft was bent. I have now placed one on order along with some other parts (just in case).
    The cost for this was $125.00 and another $59.00 in parts - so far. Not to mention the $100 for the simulator. From the number of crashes on the sim until I figured things out it is money well spent.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

I have to agree AFL is a very tough game and I love it for that format...rugby also ....football is for morons that love dying swans who fake it.

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Xzessperated View Post
    Douggie there is only one code of Football that matters in the educated part of Australia and that is AFL and St Kilda reigns supreme in that code

That should put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Paddy I did it again ... bought another heli. It was $20.00 shipped and should be here Friday.

Syma S108G.jpg
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

I have that exact one sitting in my basement to fix for a friend, the header broke off of the shaft, when I fixed it i locked the pivot so now i'm out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    Paddy I did it again ... bought another heli. It was $20.00 shipped and should be here Friday.

Syma S108G.jpg
    Chuck,
    I went to the LHS yesterday to buy some Zap to repair my broken Xzess 2 (a torque roll smashed the top of a sponson) and seen a beautiful medium sized Heli sitting in the window. I was so tempted but thought I would go down the same road that you are and start small first. I might save a lot of money if I do it your way. I like the idea of having something I can fly inside on days the weather is bad.
    The Xzess 2 is not the only thing that needs fixing. My Maritimo done a flip testing some new props Andy had done for me and ripped enough tape off to let the boat fill with water while it was waiting for me to get out to it. When I picked it up and sat it on the deck of the canoe smoke started to come out from under the hatch. I dried the battery out and tested it and all the cells were holding good charge so I put it on the charger and it charger up ok. It looks like at least one of the esc's are gone to the Gods. Look like it is time to move the COG forward to stop the blower overs that come with increased speed.

Paddy, that is one reason I am not driven with speed ambitions. I putter around with no great ambitions, but to those who do....way to go.

Douggie

Paddy, that is one reason I am not driven with speed ambitions. I putter around with no great ambitions, but to those who do....way to go.

Douggie
    I'm hearing you Douggie. I have been to the lake twice today. The first time was great. My little yellow BBY rigger doing 70 mph in slight chop and loving it. Next time was my DF33 clone with 6s on a 1515 1y. My goal is to break my personal best speed of 72 mph with this boat. That was on 5s. At 62 mph on 6s the little bugger took to the sky. That lifted the hatch tape a little and now I have some electrics to dry out. Speed costs money and time and I wish I was like you so I could have more of both but I seem to have inherited this need for speed from my father. He raced boats and took us water skiing when I was a youngster. I think you probably have read on here about him taking us swan shooting from his OB racing boat. Feathers, blood and guts everywhere. Maybe that is why I sneer at those bloody ducks at my pond. Nah those ducks could never taste as good as a swan.

Chuck,
    I went to the LHS yesterday to buy some Zap to repair my broken Xzess 2 (a torque roll smashed the top of a sponson) and seen a beautiful medium sized Heli sitting in the window. I was so tempted but thought I would go down the same road that you are and start small first. I might save a lot of money if I do it your way. I like the idea of having something I can fly inside on days the weather is bad.
    The Xzess 2 is not the only thing that needs fixing. My Maritimo done a flip testing some new props Andy had done for me and ripped enough tape off to let the boat fill with water while it was waiting for me to get out to it. When I picked it up and sat it on the deck of the canoe smoke started to come out from under the hatch. I dried the battery out and tested it and all the cells were holding good charge so I put it on the charger and it charger up ok. It looks like at least one of the esc's are gone to the Gods. Look like it is time to move the COG forward to stop the blower overs that come with increased speed.
    I'm hearing you Douggie. I have been to the lake twice today. The first time was great. My little yellow BBY rigger doing 70 mph in slight chop and loving it. Next time was my DF33 clone with 6s on a 1515 1y. My goal is to break my personal best speed of 72 mph with this boat. That was on 5s. At 62 mph on 6s the little bugger took to the sky. That lifted the hatch tape a little and now I have some electrics to dry out. Speed costs money and time and I wish I was like you so I could have more of both but I seem to have inherited this need for speed from my father. He raced boats and took us water skiing when I was a youngster. I think you probably have read on here about him taking us swan shooting from his OB racing boat. Feathers, blood and guts everywhere. Maybe that is why I sneer at those bloody ducks at my pond. Nah those ducks could never taste as good as a swan.

With a 780gm 6S wedged up her tunnel, the H&M balanced just right.
    Have you tried those bent 1616 ?

Methinks you should invest in some decent tape. M8.

W
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    With a 780gm 6S wedged up her tunnel, the H&M balanced just right.
    Have you tried those bent 1616 ?

Methinks you should invest in some decent tape. M8.

W
    Yes, I think it was not wedged up her tunnel far enough.
    Have not tried those props yet. Have to get the COG right before I try them.
    I use OSE hockey tape made by our good friends in Canada but I think I was not using enough of it.

Doc W,
    Found this on Hobby King. It might help those that have issues with Spektrum radios and Turnigy Aquastar/Hifei Swordfish esc's. I have not tested it with mine so I can not comment on the validity of their claim but you can bet your bippy I will soon.

Calibrating Aquastar 120A and Spektrum DX3S.

You have to program your TH Subtrim to B100, and Th Punch to 4%. After that, with your TX on and while TH all the way back (TH FULL), power up your ESC. During 4 beeps, release the TH. Your should get your ESC calibrated.

Hope that helps!

Doc W,
    Found this on Hobby King. It might help those that have issues with Spektrum radios and Turnigy Aquastar/Hifei Swordfish esc's. I have not tested it with mine so I can not comment on the validity of their claim but you can bet your bippy I will soon.

Calibrating Aquastar 120A and Spektrum DX3S.

You have to program your TH Subtrim to B100, and Th Punch to 4%. After that, with your TX on and while TH all the way back (TH FULL), power up your ESC. During 4 beeps, release the TH. Your should get your ESC calibrated.

Hope that helps!
    Subtrim does not affect total Throttle range.
    rev:neutral:fwd
    -100:0:100
    set subtrim to B100 makes
    -200:-100:0
    result neutral to WOT still 100 range

Hifei want at least 500microsecs for pulsewidth range 0-100% Th, and apparently Spektrum dont quite supply that.
    Increasing endpoint may do the job
    for example only, dont quote the figures.
    Spektrum endpoints std at 0-450us equates 0-90% of esc Th
    set Th fwd to 150%
    -100:0:150
    450usx150% = 675us
    recalibrate. well within the 500us pulsewidth to achieve 0-100%

Have seen this before, and the mr3000 known for it.
    The mr2000 does not display this issue.

ps Spektrum are a really good product, dont take this as negative.

W
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Thanks Doc. I think I will change my 3000's to 2000's

Subtrim does not affect total Throttle range.
    rev:neutral:fwd
    -100:0:100
    set subtrim to B100 makes
    -200:-100:0
    result neutral to WOT still 100 range

Hifei want at least 500microsecs for pulsewidth range 0-100% Th, and apparently Spektrum dont quite supply that.
    Increasing endpoint may do the job
    for example only, dont quote the figures.
    Spektrum endpoints std at 0-450us equates 0-90% of esc Th
    set Th fwd to 150%
    -100:0:150
    450usx150% = 675us
    recalibrate. well within the 500us pulsewidth to achieve 0-100%

Have seen this before, and the mr3000 known for it.
    The mr2000 does not display this issue.

ps Spektrum are a really good product, dont take this as negative.

W

I took my favorite rigger to the lake yesterday and came home with a big smile on my face. For an oval boat it sure has some speed. 128 kph = 79.53 mph and the best part is that I can do ovals on my small lake.

That is impressive Paddy....was the lake like glass?

Douggie

That is impressive Paddy....was the lake like glass?

Douggie
    Douggie,
    It was like glass until the first circuit was completed. It likes the disturbed water or even a small chop. It would make a good race boat. I am not sure if Jeff Luca (previous owner) raced it in the USA or not. Mine is not a race setup as I run it a little on the hot side with 5s and one of Andys props but it is capable of 3 laps without a rest to cool it off.

PS 6s to come and should be in the high 80's but SAW runs is all I will try on that battery
    Last edited by Xzessperated; 11-01-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Just thought I would stop in a see what you guys were up to and low and behold look what I see, one of my Baby's. Glad you like it! Jeff did race it and loved it. I never heard much though.
    Last edited by RandyatBBY; 11-01-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Sprint Cat 40 update

I was contacted by Remy@aeromarine who offered to replace the flucked gel cowl from the sc40.
    Great service @Aeromarine .
    Offered me an option of turbine or 7-11 type.
    Took the 7-11... no need to seal the turbine .
    14 days, voila, arrived in 100% perfect condition.
    What the ?....it doesnt fit the sc40. !
    Apparently Aeromarine use sc40 to identify the shadow sports hydro 40...go figure.
    chuckle.. asked what abbreviation for the sprintcat40 .. ????????????????

So here I am, still with flucked gel cowl, and Ive a ShadowSportsHydro 40 cowl with no hull.!
    Remy then offered to send out the sprintcat40 classic cowl.. to whit I offered to buy the sportshydro40 hull, and he ships the sprint cowl with hull.. hull+freight at my cost.
    waiting on a reply !

W

03112011444.jpg

Sprint Cat 40 update

I was contacted by Remy@aeromarine who offered to replace the flucked gel cowl from the sc40.
    Great service @Aeromarine .
    Offered me an option of turbine or 7-11 type.
    Took the 7-11... no need to seal the turbine .
    14 days, voila, arrived in 100% perfect condition.
    What the ?....it doesnt fit the sc40. !
    Apparently Aeromarine use sc40 to identify the shadow sports hydro 40...go figure.
    chuckle.. asked what abbreviation for the sprintcat40 .. ????????????????

So here I am, still with flucked gel cowl, and Ive a ShadowSportsHydro 40 cowl with no hull.!
    Remy then offered to send out the sprintcat40 classic cowl.. to whit I offered to buy the sportshydro40 hull, and he ships the sprint cowl with hull.. hull+freight at my cost.
    waiting on a reply !

W

03112011444.jpg
    Not going to get you to put a bet on a horse for me this month with the luck you are having Doc. I hope the problem gets sorted.

This arrived via courier yesterday...

Not going to get you to put a bet on a horse for me this month with the luck you are having Doc. I hope the problem gets sorted.
    Yup.
    During this latest lifetime Id make a good poster boy for 'shh, it happens' ...........

Not sure what paint job it will get but those colors have me thinking a Packers theme.

I cant get over the size of these capacitors...

Not sure what paint job it will get but those colors have me thinking a Packers theme.
    You have my vote, 8 wins/0 losses. Best team in the USofA!
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

I cant get over the size of these capacitors...

I cannot get over the size of the hull .. it's a whopper !!
    That esc is almost 6" wide.. and it doesnt even touch the engine rails !!

The Packerization of the boat begins...

Page 126 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast