Page 125 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 5254

Thread: Skippies and Kiwis

looks fun.
    i'd rather get a quadricopter, HK sells the controllers for like 15$!

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    Paddy ... I have been bitten by the flight bug. I picked up one of these for $17.50 shipped. It's a blast to fly!

Chuck,
    Thanks for posting that m8. You have sold me on one of these. I have never seen a mini copter so precise in it's movements. Love it and have get me one of these. Just what I need for those days when I can't go boating because of the wind.
    Talking of flying I was out flying my glider this morning. I still love my flying.
    Had my little Xzess 2 flying on 3s late in the afternoon (126 kph or 78.29 mph on 3s). You can read more on my next post

Well guys I had my little Xzess 2 out late this afternoon. It was so dark on the last run I had to walk up the lake to see the boat so I could turn it for the run back to the other end.
    On the first 3s lipo I ran an andym X442 and the speed was 116 kph or 72.08 mph. On the next 3s I ran an andym M545 and the speed went to 126 kph or 78.29 mph. Not bad for 3s but I still have one of Andy's M645 props to run yet and if the little 1515 0.5 Y can swing that prop I am hoping to see 80+ mph on a tired old boat and a 3s lipo. I am very tempted to buy another Xzess 2 and build another one. If only the factory had left the winglets off when they were building them these little hulls would have sold in the thousands. Even at 78 mph there is no sign of the boat lifting off the water

Setups
    3s lipo, andym X442, Neu 1515 0.5 Y, Hydra 240 lv = 116 kph or 72.08 mph
    3s lipo, andym M545, Neu 1515 0.5 Y, Hydra 240 lv = 126 kph or 78.29 mph

Thanks for the props Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzessperated View Post
    Chuck,
    Thanks for posting that m8. You have sold me on one of these. I have never seen a mini copter so precise in it's movements. Love it and have get me one of these. Just what I need for those days when I can't go boating because of the wind.
    Talking of flying I was out flying my glider this morning. I still love my flying.
    Had my little Xzess 2 flying on 3s late in the afternoon (126 kph or 78.29 mph on 3s). You can read more on my next post
    Paddy, this was my first flying experience and it's easy to control. It took me about 10 - 15 minutes to get used to the controller and flight characteristics. Now I can fly it in a room full of stuff and no worries.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Paddy, this was my first flying experience and it's easy to control. It took me about 10 - 15 minutes to get used to the controller and flight characteristics. Now I can fly it in a room full of stuff and no worries.
    Fantastic Chuck. Sounds like just my sort of model . I wonder if they make a bigger model that fetches beer from the fridge.
    Best price I have found on one yet is $27 but even at that price they are cheap. I can just imagine the little Chinese Dragon (June) getting angry with me as I buzz my copter around her while she sun-bakes out on the back patio. Fly it upside down and I could give her a Brazillian . That thought alone makes me want one.

Fantastic Chuck. Sounds like just my sort of model . I wonder if they make a bigger model that fetches beer from the fridge.
    Best price I have found on one yet is $27 but even at that price they are cheap. I can just imagine the little Chinese Dragon (June) getting angry with me as I buzz my copter around her while she sun-bakes out on the back patio. Fly it upside down and I could give her a Brazillian . That thought alone makes me want one.
    Paddy, the S107G is strictly and an indoor toy ... the slightest breeze will reek havoc on the way it flies ... I tried. I am waiting on a reply from someone who has a Blade CP Pro that is a 6 channel 3D that is about 2.5 times bigger. Hopefully I am not getting over my head on this to quick.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Paddy, the S107G is strictly and an indoor toy ... the slightest breeze will reek havoc on the way it flies ... I tried. I am waiting on a reply from someone who has a Blade CP Pro that is a 6 channel 3D that is about 2.5 times bigger. Hopefully I am not getting over my head on this to quick.
    Chuck, please keep me posted on the Blade if you get one. If they are not too hard to fly then I might try one too. It would be nice to fly a copter in a gentle breeze as well as inside. A few years ago a copter was a good way to kiss your money goodbye but the latest ones are much easier to fly for sure.
    Just as a matter of interest I got a price on an Xzess 2 hull from H&M and it was a little over $200 which is half the price I paid for the old one I have now. If I can get 80 mph on 3s I am going to buy a new one. My old hull is looking very tired after hitting me once, the edge of the lake twice, 3 fires and many blow-overs before removing the winglets. I think it is only the Packers girl that holds it all together

Paaddy !
    You still breathn, old chum ?

sent you a box of twisty curly things, with a large Czechoslovakian chocolate block.

reg 563533356012
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Be careful, you're bordering on the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    Paaddy !
    You still breathn, old chum ?

sent you a box of twisty curly things, with a large Czechoslovakian chocolate block.

reg 563533356012
    Thanks Doc. Let me know if I owe you any plastic. Might have found a home for that Czechoslovakian chocolate block in a MHZ Drambuie On Ice if we can arrange reasonable shipping.

Paddy, good to see you are back after visiting a lot of female lavatories....the hulls you are looking at are really neat boats. I have never owned or run the Drambuie On Ice and await your lucid video with baited breath.

All the best,

Douggie

Thanks Doc. Let me know if I owe you any plastic. Might have found a home for that Czechoslovakian chocolate block in a MHZ Drambuie On Ice if we can arrange reasonable shipping.
    Postal almost half $ value a quart of Jamesons.
    You'd best have half a bottle for when I come visit.

Drambuie on ice.
    Sad, 'on ice' has so many vulgar connotations today.. hafta rename it 'Paddys peril' ..

Oi !
    I know this fella whole sells LiPos..
    G'orn .. make it 12S2P ...... !
    W
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Hey Wayne ever hear of a Flaming a$$hole thats Drambuie in a shooter glass then lit on fire - then down the hatch . I got pretty good at doing these and it was a real crowd pleaser if you could set the glass down and its still on fire . one evening drinking with friends I waited to long and when I tipped it up I burnt my lips and in the process spat it all over the microwave lighting that on fire . Certainly got me out of the habit of doing those to often .

Drambuie - one of my all time favorite shooter drinks -

I have one off those micro copters + its larger brother - unbelievable control for such a small craft and cheep like borscht
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher 67 View Post
    Hey Wayne ever hear of a Flaming a$$hole thats Drambuie in a shooter glass then lit on fire - then down the hatch . I got pretty good at doing these and it was a real crowd pleaser if you could set the glass down and its still on fire . one evening drinking with friends I waited to long and when I tipped it up I burnt my lips and in the process spat it all over the microwave lighting that on fire . Certainly got me out of the habit of doing those to often .

I have one off those micro copters + its larger brother - unbelievable control for such a small craft and cheep like borscht

disclaimer: this is not a racist comment.

My girlie friend loves "Jaffa's"
    crushed ice, 2 shots cointreau, single piece of dark chocolate, cap of brandy poured over , and a match
    Ignite, brandy melts choc.. now hot on top, ice at base.. one shot down the hatch.
    Screaming heat Vs ice cold, with throat numbing chaser built in.
    After 3 of these she's a lot more cute and a lot less shy.
    I love that she loves jaffa's !!!

Jaffa's are also Australian candy ..dark choc center with hard orange shell, in 1/2" balls... .

That is a cracker...Paddy, you are a legend on this forum!

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    That is a cracker...Paddy, you are a legend on this forum!

Douggie
    OSE forums are packed with legends Douggie and if I was counted amongst the least then my life would not have been wasted. Man there are some great people in this world and most of them own model boats.
    Last edited by Xzessperated; 10-14-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Gave my Xzess 2 a run this morning on the M645 prop I wanted to test it on. I was hoping to break 80 mph on 3s but no such luck. It was 2 kph slower than on an M545 so I guess it is back to the M545 and try a few other tricks and see if I can reach 80 mph. It appears the M645 is just too much prop for the setup as everything was hotter and the speed down a touch but it was going into a slight head wind.

Setups
    3s lipo, andym M545, Neu 1515 0.5 Y, Hydra 240 lv = 126 kph or 78.29 mph
    3s lipo, andym M645, Neu 1515 0.5 Y, Hydra 240 lv = 124 kph or 77.05 mph

I need to go just 3 kph (129 kph) faster to break 80 mph on 3s. I have a few ideas of my own but if any of you speed demons have any ideas please let me know.

Paddy, I got the Blade CP Pro. It was a good deal at $125.00 but I need to get it set up properly.

Blade.jpg

P.S. sorry for the quality of the picture.

Video of it's capabilities ...

Last edited by egneg; 10-14-2011 at 07:06 PM.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Paddy, I got the Blade CP Pro. It was a good deal at $125.00 but I need to get it set up properly.
    Thanks for that Chuck. A nice looking copter and handles the outdoors well, as the video shows. Is it hard to learn to fly?

Thanks for that Chuck. A nice looking copter and handles the outdoors well, as the video shows. Is it hard to learn to fly?
    I haven't tried it yet, I am going to get a training kit that gives it a much wider foot print first. From what I hear it won't be easy.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Paddy, I picked up the training kit today along with a simulator program. I think the simulator is harder than the real thing in ways. here is a picture of the 2 for comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher 67 View Post

Ouch. Your a braver man than me Peter. Too much Kentucky Fried Chicken gives me the Flaming a$$hole the next day and I think I will stick to that. It is better than being toasted at both ends

Paddy, I picked up the training kit today along with a simulator program. I think the simulator is harder than the real thing in ways. here is a picture of the 2 for comparison.
    Thanks for the pic Chuck. There is quite a size difference. I will see how you go before I buy a Blade I think. Even my glider is only 3 channel and that took a bit of getting used to. That's why I do boats, and Douggie will tell you I have trouble with straight lines with them

Wayne hard at work.

beer-pc.jpg

Wayne hard at work.

beer-pc.jpg
    Do you have to reboot that thing often? Now I know what goes on @ PCApplicat​ions

I have to agree with you on the KFC Patty - to much of that and you have to put a seatbelt on when you sit down on the john - good ole bucket of toilet buster
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Do you have to reboot that thing often? Now I know what goes on @ PCApplicat​ions
    Not so much as refill...
    It has aided the release of some very innovative electronics...

DVD Rewinder24353.jpg

Not so much as refill...
    It has aided the release of some very innovative electronics...

DVD Rewinder24353.jpg
    OMG, that's what I have been doing wrong. One of those will save me throwing my DVD movies away after I use them. Bloody ingenious Doc. Who would have thought... re-useable DVD's!!!
    Last edited by Xzessperated; 10-16-2011 at 12:50 PM.

The All Blacks kicked the crap out of the Wallabies.

Douggie

Page 125 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast