Page 101 of 176 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 5254

Thread: Skippies and Kiwis

can an ozzie let me know a few good hobby shops that stock good boats, I've been searching a bit with no luck, I want to get something in the larger scale, brushless, and reliable.

give me a minute.. have to find the abacus.
    W
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by millzee View Post
    can an ozzie let me know a few good hobby shops that stock good boats, I've been searching a bit with no luck, I want to get something in the larger scale, brushless, and reliable.
    Oh crap... hurts to be honest..
    as much as I hate putting ppl down, No hobby shops in Au sell good stuff RTR at realistic prices.
    But lots sell the bits if you're okay at assembly.
    we're here to help direct your needs and ideas.
    W
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Danny,
    I think it is reasonable to say most of us buy from overseas.
    If you want to shop locally you could try Andrew at http://www.fastelectrics.com/default.asp. I have been down that road but went to buying overseas simply because it was quicker and cheaper.
    If you click on the big HOME button at the top of this page it will take you to the best FE shop this side of the black stump. Steven that runs this forum also has the OSE shop. Great service, quick, all quality products and a dam fine man that is a model boater himself.
    Hobby King in Hong Kong is a great place to buy lipo batteries.
    The other guys will chime in here I am sure.
    I hope this helps a little.
    Paddy

Quote Originally Posted by millzee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Xzessperated View Post
    Hobby King in Hong Kong is a great place to buy lipo batteries.
    The other guys will chime in here I am sure.
    I hope this helps a little.
    Paddy
    I sell batteries !

http://shop.rcboatbitz.com.au/

This guy i s in Adelaide.
    [ I fixed some esc's his clients made pop ]

Paddy has a pm

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    Paddy has a pm
    Yes I am still recovering from the shock

Yes I am still recovering from the shock
    nope, i dont build economy...
    and that'd be a JR8411 dig..
    I'll include the legless pilot for free ! .. because he'd roll around and annoy me if he didnt go with the lid.

nope, i dont build economy...
    and that'd be a JR8411 dig..
    I'll include the legless pilot for free ! .. because he'd roll around and annoy me if he didnt go with the lid.
    I will have to give it a miss Wayne. I got the BBY rigger complete with everything (just needs a battery). Has a 1527 with Hydra 240 lv and a Spektrum receiver. I run Spektrum so it is a bind + battery and go job. It will need one of Andy's cheese slicers to push the water backwards also. I just want to tear up the lake and frighten crap out of the ducks and if it impresses a bikini girl in the process that will be a bonus. I might end up with a bonus myself if I keep thinking of bikini girls.

I sell batteries !
    Wayne you should put a little advertisement on here about your batteries. I am always interested in reasonably priced quality batteries.

thanks for that, I was starting to think that overseas was the place to look, I have found that with my Losi truck, if I need something, it's a hell of a lot cheaper and almost just as quick to get it from the states. I'll take my search over there.

Weather map for Australia Day 26th January 2011

Weather map for Australia Day 26th January 2011

LOL. You are a corker.

Tasmania looks like the place to be.

Doc, you are a beauty. that is hilarious. I womder if I still made the trip, could I be the new Moses?

Douggie

Question

Well Happy Aussie Day my fellow Roo Rooters, thought I would get in early before I am to pissed.
    Now lets play find the cricket ball, I know it is there some where
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Well Happy Aussie Day my fellow Roo Rooters, thought I would get in early before I am to pissed.
    Who's sister is that? Or is it your best mates wife?
    Cricket would be worth watching if all the players looked like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Doc, you are a beauty. that is hilarious. I womder if I still made the trip, could I be the new Moses?

Douggie
    Well you have the same temper you old bugger
    We have a different set of the Ten Commandments over here and you better not smash the tablets they are inscribed on.

The Ten Commandments made real simple for you Douggie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ararY...eature=related

I think I have spotted 2 of them!
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Wayne you should put a little advertisement on here about your batteries. I am always interested in reasonably priced quality batteries.
    "ENTROPY

ENTROPY delivers more punch, more power & runs cool.
    The easiest 225 amps you'll draw this season - the sharpest 45C in its class
    The harder it's pushed, the harder it plays
    All the power you can use - priced right

4S 5000 45/90C $120
    6S 5000 45/90C $180

Delivered free in Australia !"

just snapped up a 36" H&M Maritimo in need some insides.
    Your assisting thoughts most welcome...

just snapped up a 36" H&M Maritimo in need some insides.
    Your assisting thoughts most welcome...
    The first thought that comes to mind... "Lucky bastard"

I was going to grab that but he who thinks twice loses.

Nice score Wayne.

A guy called Boner, Bonehead, no Bonewar from Queensland has a build on here that would give you a few ideas.

The first thought that comes to mind... "Lucky bastard"

I was going to grab that but he who thinks twice loses.

Nice score Wayne.

A guy called Boner, Bonehead, no Bonewar from Queensland has a build on here that would give you a few ideas.
    The early bird catches the worm, Paddy , but the second mouse gets the cheese.! [ I read that somewhere,, brilliant !]

Have read most all bonewars' threads on the maritimo..
    Ive been lurking for a twin for months, just happened across this one and scored big !
    Lucky me !
    Hope to see it here next couple daze..
    Bone's 2x 1512@2050 on 5S, makes a 10S cat in Au rules.
    Im aiming for a single 6S45/90c5000 probably 2x1415@2000

Honestly until it arrives its a lot of net surfing and keeping the paypal finger in check !

Wayne

The early bird catches the worm, Paddy , but the second mouse gets the cheese.! [ I read that somewhere,, brilliant !]

Have read most all bonewars' threads on the maritimo..
    Ive been lurking for a twin for months, just happened across this one and scored big !
    Lucky me !
    Hope to see it here next couple daze..
    Bone's 2x 1512@2050 on 5S, makes a 10S cat in Au rules.
    Im aiming for a single 6S45/90c5000 probably 2x1415@2000

Honestly until it arrives its a lot of net surfing and keeping the paypal finger in check !

Wayne
    Wayne,
    A little bird told me that you have been know to repair the odd esc. I have an MGM 400/500 amp esc that never even survived being programmed by its own software. I could get it done under warranty but I am pissed with MGM to say the very least. Just wondering if you would like to take a look at it for a small fee naturally

Wayne,
    A little bird told me that you have been know to repair the odd esc. I have an MGM 400/500 amp esc that never even survived being programmed by its own software. I could get it done under warranty but I am pissed with MGM to say the very least. Just wondering if you would like to take a look at it for a small fee naturally
    Looking is free ,....parts may be the only cost providing Tasmanian ingress not too deep.
    Send unit, and whatever else you have labelled MGM ...
    check PM for addy.

Either pm or send note detailing it's alleged untimely death in your hands

regs
    W

Make sure you are wearing gloves Wayne !! I know for a fact Paddy has wanked over that ESC many times before he tried to use it !! Got an email from a slow supplier the other day who says he is selling Entropy Lipo, Is he getting from you or ordering his own ??
    Paddy the Eagle has landed but will be a few weeks till I get to interrogate it. Put the DVD on and nothing but boat *!***!***!***!** on there, have reported you to the dept of *!***!***!***!** to be investigated, gave your addy as that dirty brothel in Mulgrave St and they new exactly where I was talking about !!!

Make sure you are wearing gloves Wayne !! I know for a fact Paddy has wanked over that ESC many times before he tried to use it !! Got an email from a slow supplier the other day who says he is selling Entropy Lipo, Is he getting from you or ordering his own ??
    Paddy the Eagle has landed but will be a few weeks till I get to interrogate it. Put the DVD on and nothing but boat *!***!***!***!** on there, have reported you to the dept of *!***!***!***!** to be investigated, gave your addy as that dirty brothel in Mulgrave St and they new exactly where I was talking about !!!
    The MGM will get full immersion ultrasonic cleansing, same as the props you sent. Spit and rub polishing gained a weird new meaning when I saw those shiny blades....

How's Paddy's luck.. plugged the leads into the powerpoint to see if the fans worked.. and

I am the sole importer for Entropy , A LHS I aint, much prefer another to do the marketing... and myself to get great batteries at a discount !

Wanna laugh ?
    I have a T180v2 here...Was in a boat on 10S ..... Owner brought it here for repairs.. disgusted with 'Chinese crap'.. wasnt his fault.. it fried on connect.. he was going to use 1/2 throttle so the esc would never see the full 10S ..
    Can I fix ? Sure, around $100 ... ok he says...

W

well they are good customers and do not need a gps to find the place even when they are drunk

Wayne,
    Thanks. Expect a parcel the size of a brick next week

Wanna laugh ?
    I have a T180v2 here...Was in a boat on 10S ..... Owner brought it here for repairs.. disgusted with 'Chinese crap'.. wasnt his fault.. it fried on connect.. he was going to use 1/2 throttle so the esc would never see the full 10S ..
    Can I fix ? Sure, around $100 ... ok he says...

W
    That is freaking hilarious. I trust he was not of Scottish descent or a sheep shagger?

Douggie

Page 101 of 176 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast