Thread: My SandRail

Default My SandRail

I got bored of the stock slash, so I chopped it up and made a sandrail out of it. It runs a vxl system on 3s lipo and scoots along pretty good. Based on what a brushless slash does, I would say this thing runs between 35-40mph. I placed the battery over the rear tires a little more than a stock slash so it hooks pretty hard now, possibly a bit too hard? Also between the weight of the chassis and battery placement it gets so much traction that the stock driveshafts only last about 5 minutes then explode. CVD's for it are in the mail. The chassis does weigh a bit more than stock(by my very accurate "hand scale") so it could use stiffer springs but that's a minor detail. One problem with it is that because it goes pretty good, when it whips out it usually tweaks the chassis. Fortunatly, it's brakeline and meant to bend so I just bend it back. With the paddles in the sand it is FUN.

Hope you enjoy,

-Matt

Two busted driveshafts:

Thats awesome. Would you consider making another?

Sand is the worst enemy in any kind of Offroad RC electrics or gas...lol
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

Haha, I had to switch to 32P gears, the stock 48P would get sand in them and then they were done.

MM, right now I am not comfortable with my own level of quality to build chassis for someone else, however down the road I may consider it. Going to do a few projects for myself first.