Thread: WTB brushed ESC

Default WTB brushed ESC

I am in need of an ESC for a brushed motor that is water cooled and can handle 16.8 volts. I have found that 12 volt ESC's can't handle 14.4 and I did it twice! Thanks.

My posts drop off the radar right away, am I not getting the hint or do I have bad timing? I'll try again.

These are in the swap shop on RRR.

http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/fefor...ad.php?t=28676
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Thanks eggneg, I went there and signed up but don't know how long to get approved but the ESC looks good, once again, thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by bwells View Post
    Thanks eggneg, I went there and signed up but don't know how long to get approved but the ESC looks good, once again, thanks for the tip.
    If you want I can mention that you are interested in them and ask about voltage at the same time. Do you want just one or both of them ? I can also tell them that you just registered and are waiting on approval - did you use the same name?
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Sorry for misspelling your name egneg but yes, I'm interested in only one but I would like reverse also but can deal without it. As far as voltage, my plan is 2 8.4 in series and I think I used the same name but not sure. This build is getting old real fast but I have learned alot about what not to do. Thank you

Ok ... I posted your interest in 1.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Thank you for doing that but I was a little late, they sold. Still in the market for one!

I've got a classic that I was hanging onto for that special application. Would rather not sell it, but I have seen you looking pretty hard, so I gotta pass it your way. This is one of the original RC Hydros V90-1032 (10-32 cells) brushed ESCs.

When I first got into FE, I met this guy who was real nice and gave me pages upon pages of replies to my uncut newbie questions, like explaining brushless vs. brushed. When I asked him what ESC he recommended, he replied, "I am kinda biased, I like Victory controllers." Well, turns out that guy was the one and only Andy Kuntz. These controllers are discontinued due to the overwhelming brushless market, but ask anybody who has ever run brushed what they think of these controllers.

I hate to let her go, but if you want to throw me $80, I will ship it to you tomorrow morning insured. It is not new, but is still in great shape and has lots of life in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jesse J; 06-23-2009 at 12:08 AM. Reason: reduce price
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Jesse, Thank you for the kind offer but it's a little over my budget. It says opto on the esc, does that mean it has no BEC? Thanks again for the offer but I think I'm going to shelf this boat and take a break from it.

Brian
    OPTO is the best way to go with a brushed ESC.
    NO feedback from the brushed motor to the radio.
    You will need a battery pack for the radio, use a 5 cell pack about 300 to 600 mA is best.

Andy K.'s ESC's are the best if you can find one.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet