Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beefed Up UL-1

Default Lol

Why don't you just answer the question? Are the hulls better?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    did not get a mail.. try again!

MZ

haha. why are the upgrades or improvments such a secret. No one wanted to take responsibility for the issues. No one is claiming they're actually fixed. It is not too hard to take 1 minute from your day and answer one question if you have time to post on this thread in the first place. Gimme a friggin break. If i'm not wrong, I do believe that the people on this forum are the target market for their products. They may wanna try just a little to make us happy.

Exactly

Jeeezzzz... This is where you insert the dead horse and commence beating it...

I dont see that smile

Default holy christ........

Regarding the turn fin area.. does a bear ..... in the woods..lol

IF YOU THINK FOR A SECOND WE ARE OR WERE GOING TO LEAVE THAT.. you are all nutty! lol.. sorry if I just called you nuts.. but you must admit that is a tad kooky!

Ask your selves.. does leaving that make ANY SENCE AT ALL?

Now for the quick response to OSE

Man it bothers me when somebody says they sent an email and I did not get it.. that does not work for me.... I like to know that if this happens that I get back to them somehow. I don’t like to leave an Email hanging.. I did not and have not checked my home mail.. Im at work and have not got it here.. so maybe its there…

Believe what I say or not I don’t care. (ya-all sure don’t seem to trust me anyway). It’s a personal vendetta and im not giving up on the boat….EVER!

Thanks to those that have and do understand and support the product..

Grimracer

Thanks Grim. This kind of answer is all that was/is necessary. I think all anyone ever wanted was a straightforward answer from the horses mouth.

Ok ok ok so are the new ones being sold now at tower have a reinforced turnfin area?

I don't feel I was beating a dead horse because the issue hadn't been properly resolved. If you have answers, you should maybe make your customers happy by opening your mouth.

Regarding the turn fin area.. does a bear ..... in the woods..lol

IF YOU THINK FOR A SECOND WE ARE OR WERE GOING TO LEAVE THAT.. you are all nutty! lol.. sorry if I just called you nuts.. but you must admit that is a tad kooky!

Ask your selves.. does leaving that make ANY SENCE AT ALL?

Now for the quick response to OSE

Man it bothers me when somebody says they sent an email and I did not get it.. that does not work for me.... I like to know that if this happens that I get back to them somehow. I don’t like to leave an Email hanging.. I did not and have not checked my home mail.. Im at work and have not got it here.. so maybe its there…

Believe what I say or not I don’t care. (ya-all sure don’t seem to trust me anyway). It’s a personal vendetta and im not giving up on the boat….EVER!

Thanks to those that have and do understand and support the product..

Grimracer
    I don't care what others hate about the UL-1..
    I think it is the best RTR boat you can get! and almost 50mph out of the box with a prop change..
    The esc is a little bit of a bugger (LVC) but nothing is perfect.. I really love this boat.

I started this thread by asking if anyone knows (for sure) if Aquacraft has done anything to beef up the turnfin area on the UL-1 (and for that matter made any other reliability improvements) as I would like to purchase one but don't want to have to re-build the sponson area.
    Normally a manufacturer would welcome the chance to step forward and definitively respond with a clear answer. BTW, it's alright to say "we are still working on the problem(s)". Your customers will appreciate it more than if you continue to ship another batch of unreliable product and watch your market go away.

fair enough

Why did you not just come out and ask me then??? you know were to find me..

Somehow the fourms just do not work that way.. do they?

Cheers

Grimracer

fair enough

Somehow the fourms just do not work that way.. do they?

Cheers

Grimracer
    Since I can not PM you, I would like to just come right out and ask if I may. How would I know if the new UL-1 I got from Kintec Racing 3 weeks ago is the better version or not, fair enough? Is there a build date, # change? Seems like a fair question for those of us who are Aquacraft repeat customers IMO.
    Tom

MAYBE call dan at kintec and ask him
    THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

He doesn't know, I've already asked. Kinda funny that this is so secretive huh, is it because there is so much old stock out there... let's make this a mystery buy for our valued customers... am I getting a well built boat hull or am I getting the junk everyone is complaining about??? Not real cool if this is the deal.
    Tom

i understand tk god i bought darins he as fixed all the problems plus some, sorry was just trying to help my friend .. good luck todd
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

This is funny, me and a few others I know who bought the UL-1 a few months back have not had any problems with the turn fin area, and still some just want to complain!

and all this complaining based on a few bad turn fin areas...
    I say get over it!

Default stop crying

the ul i purchased as soon as it came out from my local hobby shop is great, only changed the cooling jacket, the thing is great, the boat performs just as good as advertised, i love it, have run it many times not one flaw. mike in your defense its a great product, maybe i just got lucky or maybe its only a few bad apples spoiling the barrel. for the price it cant be beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    This is funny, me and a few others I know who bought the UL-1 a few months back have not had any problems with the turn fin area, and still some just want to complain!

and all this complaining based on a few bad turn fin areas...
    I say get over it!
    Glad your amused hotrod, I have two UL-1s, one w/ cracked fin area(AND IT WAS REINFORCED) and a new one that hasn't cracked yet and I'm wondering if it will. Your right, this is hilarious and I should be over it.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TCR View Post
    Glad your amused hotrod, I have two UL-1s, one w/ cracked fin area(AND IT WAS REINFORCED) and a new one that hasn't cracked yet and I'm wondering if it will. Your right, this is hilarious and I should be over it.
    Tom have you contacted Hobbico support? Their product support has been very good for me over the years.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

fair enough

Somehow the forums just do not work that way.. do they?

Cheers

Grimracer
    This just keeps getting better...I tried to send you a PM asking the same questions about the UL-1 hull, but you do not accept private messages on this foum...so the answer is no, I do not know how to find you.
    My conclusion is that since everyone involved with the UL-1 product has danced around the question for several days now, that NO hull improvements have as yet been implemented on this product.
    I am a very patient person so I will wait...

Hey steven popcorn and a beer my friend !!!!!!!!

TK GOD FOR DARIN AND HIS EXPERTICE
    IN BOAT MOD'S ALL MY FAULTS HAVE BEEN
    REPAIRED AND MODIFIED

TKS DARIN !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwaveohs View Post
    This just keeps getting better...I tried to send you a PM asking the same questions about the UL-1 hull, but you do not accept private messages on this foum...so the answer is no, I do not know how to find you.
    My conclusion is that since everyone involved with the UL-1 product has danced around the question for several days now, that NO hull improvements have as yet been implemented on this product.
    I am a very patient person so I will wait...

Count me in..... this is better then Days of our Lives!

Grim

Grim
    I'm glad you are having fun with this.
    There are many customers of yours on this forum, buying your products with their hard earned money and this is the best response you can come up with? There have been valid questions asked.

1) Can you give details on what has been done on the latest batch to fix the problems or not?

2) How can a person tell if they are getting an updated hull?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Grim
    Forgive me as I am a newbie to FE RC boats and I can't say I understand the humor here. I do own 3 Aquacraft boats and a BUNCH of Aquacraft parts, so I feel like I might be somewhat of a valued customer, maybe not. All I'm asking is for a valid answer to my Q's. I really am all stocked up on smartaxx answers from cheerleaders and people who like to argue. Just curious if my newer boat has been updated?
    Tom

I THINK THIS FORUM SHOULD BE PRINTED AND SENT OVER TO MIKE Z'S BOSS OVER AT AQUACRAFT. THIS IS F'N RIDICULOUS

Your right.,.. thats not funny.. Im just playing along!

1) Can you give details on what has been done on the latest batch to fix the problems or not?

Sorry im not going to go into details.. let me just say this however and like I posted before.. im not giving up on the boat.. read into that how you might!

On some it will be easer then the others.. you might see a witness of the update on the nontrip of the left sposnon. Some you might not see.. You will also at this time likely find the updated end caps and o rings for the cooler in the box in a separate package.

Let me say this.. ALL boats shipped after 06-15-09 are updated.

In the future the o rings and end caps will come on the boat..

Anymore questions before I bow out?

Grim

That got at least something out of him

On some it will be easer then the others.. you might see a witness of the update on the nontrip of the left sposnon. Some you might not see.. You will also at this time likely find the updated end caps and o rings for the cooler in the box in a separate package.

Since I don't understand this and it doesn't seem black and white, can you tell me if a boat shipped to Kintec Racing about a montrh ago was updated or not? He put his water jacket and a couple of other mods on for me so I can't say anything about the cooling parts.
    Tom

just curious what the heck is a nontrip of the left sponson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast