Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beefed Up UL-1

Default Beefed Up UL-1

Does anyone know if Aquacraft has done anything to strengthen the UL-1 in the turnfin area?

Tower has them in stock again...White is sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwaveohs View Post
    Does anyone know if Aquacraft has done anything to strengthen the UL-1 in the turnfin area?
    Yes, they have.

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Yes, they have.
    No offense! But, any proof to what has been done to the hull?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    No offense! But, any proof to what has been done to the hull?
    Define "proof"

I don't have time to type all of the reasons for my post. However, I will list a couple of bullet points...

* The issues were well documented and the "right people" know about them.
    * There was a decent gap between the first batch that was sold and the second batch that is available. That tells me a few changes were made.
    * The issues were internal to the hull. Any changes in production or assembly won't be visible to the naked eye. Unless, you cut open a hull and look for yourself.
    * My experiences working in production/engineering everyday, there is always change. As a design engineer we are always trying to make it better. That doesn't always mean you (the consumer) knows what is going on behind close doors.

Trust me when I tell you they are addressing the issues.

Mike

new production UL-1'S will have all turn fin issuies fixed when released for sale........
    THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

Define "proof"
    Proof: The cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact.
    Last edited by Chilli; 06-17-2009 at 03:57 PM.

Talking Ul-1 turn fin

SOME REPAIR PICS

Attached Images Attached Images
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

Default turn fin

turn fin repair
    Attached Images Attached Images

I emailed Mike Z from AquaCraft about this a week ago and havent heard back. I will email him again today.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

tks, really would be nice to here it from the so called horses mouth tks steven

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    tks, really would be nice to here it from the so called horses mouth tks steven
    I agree. I have been waiting for some sort of "proof" that these issues are addressed before I purchase one for my son. And BTW, I thought the purpose of these forums is exactly that...to gain knowledge about our hobby so we can improve the products. JMHO.
    Bigwaveohs

hopefully steven will get a answer soon and we will all know the truth awsome boat but a few flaws

Define "proof"

I don't have time to type all of the reasons for my post. However, I will list a couple of bullet points...

* The issues were well documented and the "right people" know about them.
    * There was a decent gap between the first batch that was sold and the second batch that is available. That tells me a few changes were made.
    * The issues were internal to the hull. Any changes in production or assembly won't be visible to the naked eye. Unless, you cut open a hull and look for yourself.
    * My experiences working in production/engineering everyday, there is always change. As a design engineer we are always trying to make it better. That doesn't always mean you (the consumer) knows what is going on behind close doors.

Trust me when I tell you they are addressing the issues.

Mike
    Dear Mike,
    I didn't ask you for the reason of your post, or define the definition of "proof". But,
    just simply help show us "newbie" where you got the info from so we don't have to waste another $300 again. BTW, if the so called " right people " in the production department has done their job. We wouldn't be talking about this isssue. Have a nice day!

Lightbulb

whole lotta popcorn going on here, hehehehe, maybe I should break out my chair and have some as well...
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

come join the fun i will bring the movie !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    I emailed Mike Z from AquaCraft about this a week ago and havent heard back. I will email him again today.
    did not get a mail.. try again!

MZ

let us know grim

Well if your on this thread then why do you need an email. Just answer our questions.

Lightbulb

amen movie time

Was online when we asked, now offline with no response, not looking good for any changes made to the ul-1's turnfin. I think he'd be delighted to tell us if they had fixed anything you know

You guys are tooooo much....

So, putting a sticker on the box saying "Improved" would be OK for "proof"? But in reality, you would have no idea what changed, how it chaged, or if it even changed? It's going to look exactly the same as any other boat. It is inconceviable to think they are not fixing the problem. It's called common sense.

I'm out,
    Mike

Dont put this all on Mike.

He is a very busy man.
    Ive met him in person and i actually live just a few minutes from him.

We have talked several times else where via PM's and he has stated just how busy he is.
    Give it time. Im sure he has a whole bunch to say on the UL-1's that have a redesigned turn fin area.
    Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast
    ToySport Triton- Not as fast

exactly new and inproved ul-1.
    WOULD WK 4 ME

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post

MZ
    WHAT KIND OF RESPONSE IT THIS, IS HE TAUNTING US. HES SO BUSY-YET HE HAD THE TIME TO JUMP ON THIS THREAD AND MAKE A RESPONSE LIKE THIS. OBVIOUSLY HE IS READING THE THREAD GUYS, IF THEY HAD DONE ANYTHING TO FIX IT HE WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post

MZ

I did this morning. I have three different email addresses. One of the email addresses was kicked back, the other two seem to have been valid, because they did not get kicked back.

But I'm glad to see your still around. Since I cant get ahold of you and you know now that I'm trying to get ahold of you, please email me when you get a chance.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

i think you are correct

steven tks for all your effort

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast