Thread: upgrade to brushless CC Sidewinder 6800Kvm

Arrow upgrade to brushless CC Sidewinder 6800Kvm

Just got a new Mini-C and i am looking to throw some spare parts into it. I am new to rc boating
    I have a Castle Creation Sidewinder 6800 with a Mamba 25 controller. My questions are:

-Where do i get or how do i make a motor mount that will fit it with minimal hull modifications or new holes?

-What kind of prop do i need to match it to?

-Do i need to water cool it if i run it with NiMH batteries? How?

Thanks,

-H

Kv is way too high

I have a mamba 25 controller for the motor and i can manage the output by tuning it way down.
    Also, wouldn't a different prop also be able to compensate for the KV?

in my old mini c i ran a x427 s/b on a 3300 ammo and it was a bat out of hell on 3s and controlable on 2s. as far as modding the mount how much smaller is the sidewinder then stock motor? if it is 28mm then you sould be good and just use the stock mount and strap. if it is smaller then use some fuel tubing between the metal strap and motor to fill the gap. as for the watercooling i didn't have any in this boat and it never got hot but it might with your setup. hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by thegreat1 View Post
    in my old mini c i ran a x427 s/b on a 3300 ammo and it was a bat out of hell on 3s and controlable on 2s. as far as modding the mount how much smaller is the sidewinder then stock motor? if it is 28mm then you sould be good and just use the stock mount and strap. if it is smaller then use some fuel tubing between the metal strap and motor to fill the gap. as for the watercooling i didn't have any in this boat and it never got hot but it might with your setup. hope this helps
    Thanks for the reply. The motor is 20mm in diameter so i need to come up with something thicker than fuel tubing and it will then also need to be more rigid.

oh i didn't realize that it was that small. you might want to get another motor in the 28 mm diameter your small can is going to run hot and won't have as much torque as the larger.
    (boats love torque) i now use the turnigy motors in my mini rio and the are great and cheap try going to hobbycity.com they'll have the motor that meets your needs.

what he means by too high of a kv rating is not that it will be too fast but will create wayyy to much heat and you will fry everything. you need somthing in the 2500-3300 range and run it on 2 or 3s lipo

Quote Originally Posted by bluthndr View Post
    what he means by too high of a kv rating is not that it will be too fast but will create wayyy to much heat and you will fry everything. you need somthing in the 2500-3300 range and run it on 2 or 3s lipo

OK i get it. I am checking out the suggested website and will try to put toghether a package.