Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Selling off everything I have!!! Tactic, Hyperion, Custom Painted sv27!!!!!!!

Don't worry David, the one we are after is supposedly (but pretty reliably) 26, just hope your birthdays aren't the same and you don't drive an 03 civic and like to trade baseball cards, cause then it would get even creepier!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

No to all of your questions!!!!! I feel better now!!

ok! i was away for a few days and couldnt read my emails,so today i get home and i have an email from dana brown through ebay listing saying : yeah, my paypal acct got messed up so you can send a money order to him @
    dana brown
    5305 birch dr.
    fort pierce,fl.34982

now for me to get an money order i have to drive 28mi round trip.
    so what should i do now?

i dont trust this individual especially since he is supposedly DEAD!

Well, I can say we now have an address to check!! There is no way I would trust this party! they have made no attempt to send me my money nor even contact me.

Now you know why the paypal acct is messed up!!!

DON'T TRUST!!! Thanks for posting, I will now go check that address.

Anybody up for paying a visit?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by yz120 View Post
    ok! i was away for a few days and couldnt read my emails,so today i get home and i have an email from dana brown through ebay listing saying : yeah, my paypal acct got messed up so you can send a money order to him @
    dana brown
    5305 birch dr.
    fort pierce,fl.34982

so what should i do now?

You should ask her why her paypal account got messed up

I hope so! I just bought it!

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    This is a different boat..
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

dana brown
    5305 birch dr.
    fort pierce,fl.34982

so what should i do now?

You should have extracted your bid immediately after reading this post!! lol You definately don't want to send these people a money order! Jesse has allready paid for this stuff!!

dana brown
    5305 birch dr.
    fort pierce,fl.34982

so what should i do now?

Ya, he does not wany any money to be sent to his paypal because paypal will seize the money and give it to Jesse!

you may not get your merchandise if sending a money order..

Wonder how their Vacation-Burial went. Interesting combo.

dana brown
    5305 birch dr.
    fort pierce,fl.34982

so what should i do now?

What ever you do, don't send the money!

If it were me, I would take the offensive.

Notify ebay that he did not live up to his end of the auction by not accepting PayPal (you're situation necessitates PayPal). Maybe they will look into "why" his account is suspended. Ebay has had a lot of bad press in the area of fraud and maybe they will suspend his ebay account as well.

Then give him negative feedback so others will steer clear also.

Jesse,
    Make sure you add his address to the FBI/IC3 report.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Drag Boat Bob View Post
    What ever you do, don't send the money!

If it were me, I would take the offensive.

Notify ebay that he did not live up to his end of the auction by not accepting PayPal (you're situation necessitates PayPal). Maybe they will look into "why" his account is suspended. Ebay has had a lot of bad press in the area of fraud and maybe they will suspend his ebay account as well.

Then give him negative feedback so others will steer clear also.

Jesse,
    Make sure you add his address to the FBI/IC3 report.

Good Luck.
    Great pointe!

Did this corpse ever materialize???

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Did this corpse ever materialize???
    yes ... Inquiring minds want to know. I saw that the winning bid was 187 plus 20 for shipping. I never did get a response to my email from them.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Jesse check this out:

On the 28th July, 2009 we informed you about the new faster and easier dispute resolution process on eBay. You can read the full announcement here.

Buyers will be able to resolve their problems on eBay through eBay Buyer Protection. We intend to make this process available to more and more buyers throughout 2009; although initially only a limited number of buyers will be able to use this process while we make sure it's working for everyone.

To reflect this change, the eBay.co.uk User Agreement will be updated.

eBay Buyer Protection

Under the eBay Buyer Protection Policy [v1], if we resolve a dispute in the buyer's favour, we may:

remove funds from the seller's PayPal account to reimburse the buyer for the costs of both the item and original postage fee. This is in accordance with the seller's authorisation provided to us under the new User Agreement [v2] ; or,
    where there are insufficient funds in the seller's PayPal account or where PayPal is not the reimbursement method of the seller, directly refund the buyer for the cost of the item and the original postage cost. In this case, the seller must reimburse us in full in a timely manner for an amount equivalent to the sum we paid to the buyer.

Sellers must have a reimbursement method on file with eBay at all times. The reimbursement method can be changed by contacting eBay and searching for 'Change My Reimbursement Method'. Where the seller is found at fault, we will notify them and charge the method of reimbursement they have on file.

Changes to the eBay.co.uk User Agreement

The new User Agreement is effective immediately for new members registering on or after today, and from 23rd October 2009 for current members. You don't need to do anything to accept the new User Agreement, but if you don't wish to accept, please, follow these instructions to close your account.

Yours sincerely,

The eBay Team

I was thinking about this thread last night,,,,any updates? Or is the "corpse" still stinking up the place??

i was also thinking what happened w/ this yesterday

Thanks guys, I have been so busy with my graduate research, I have not spent any of my limited free time pursuing this case. Mike, that is great, however the transaction occurred here and unrelated to eBay... not sure what to do about that. I did try another email request last month was not surprised by no reply. Right now, I've got so much to do with my research, I would rather use my tidbits of time running my boats and cars before the ice and snow happen in a couple months.

If anybody knows of the contact or how to submit this to ebay, I will send them a note. But I don't do eBay either buy/sell and don't do any surfing of eBay, so I don't know what he has been doing over there nor their policy on these transactions that happened outside of eBay... Thanks again for the support/curiosity - I reeeeeeally hope this doesn't happen to anybody else cuz it really sucks. $175 is a lot of fun stuff.

J
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Looks like somebody logged into his account on 7-30-2009 @10:05 a.m. I presume after he dearly departed.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Ghosts are logging on........ Ghosts should be banned.

Hey Jesse, I now noticed this post and what hell you've been going through. I sold this guy my orange SV27 when I had it up for sale here a couple months back. To confirm, this his address from my pay-pal history when he sent me a payment.

Dana Brown
    5205 Birch Dr
    Fort Pierce, FL 34982
    United States

Hope this helps and I hope you get your money back and this guys gets what he deserves.

Take care
    Brendt
    Atlanta Model Boaters
    District 13

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    ... Mike, that is great, however the transaction occurred here and unrelated to eBay... not sure what to do about that. I did try another email request last month was not surprised by no reply.
    I know, but ebay and paypal are little brothers it doesn't hurt asking if the policy is valid for other transactions as well...

All the best,

Mike

I too wondered if there is anything new on this unpleasant incident...

Glad to hear that Jesse is moving on with his life and not letting this consume him.

Unfortunately this toilet bowl stain hasn't got enough attention to bring in the law.

Here is an idea...
    If each one of us sends Jesse $1 (of course Jesse will need to send us a receipt via email), we then become partners in his investment. This means that we are all part owners of this loss and therefore entitled to file the FBI/IC3 complaints.

Of course the $$$ loss is the original $175 on each report. If nothing else, this guys name will become the database search highlight when they do their periodic analysis.

or maybe I just have too much time on my hands right now waiting for a motor from Venom...

Man you crack me up!

How are these FBI/IC3 complaints filed? I will file, but don't have the time to figure out how to do it.

thanks for the input!!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Also file with you state attorney general office.

Ken

It is really a piece of cake... All done on line. See my post #176:
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/for...&postcount=176

The first link in that post gives you all of the necessay FAQ.

The second link is the beginning of the actual complaint; just hit "I Accept" at the bottom of the page and you're off to the races.

You will then be directed to a series of questions with multiple choice answers (it doesn't get much easier than this). Later you will be asked to explain what happened in text form. They will ask for the name/address of the person that cheated you (hence my recommendation for all of us to do it, but we would need to be investors first) so just fill in the blanks and you're done.

Send me a PM if you run into anything that you don't understand, but it really is simple.

I have some time on my hands, so let's move this guy up to the "most wanted" list.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567