Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling off everything I have!!! Tactic, Hyperion, Custom Painted sv27!!!!!!!

ONLY TRUTH is, my wife would not be going on my R/C boat forum less than 24 hours after i passed away. Let alone EVER!! Total B.S. SCAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    I have initiated a Paypal dispute. If it doesn't get resolved by Monday (i.e. proof of death) then I will escalate to a claim. The more I think about this, the more I feel burned. I have no interest in calling this person.
    This is the best thing you should of done sooner. That money if it was sitting in the paypal is now frozen or pulled back from there checking. If there is no funds to cover it there when they get money in from another sale it will be frozen. Don't know why they just don't sent the items. Sounds like a scam to me. Good luck hope it works out

Thanks Danny, I have called the Police dept and they gave me the number to the St. Lucy County Courthouse..... so we must wait until Monday to find out.... I report back.

Yes I might have filed earlier, but being my first (apparent) scam I am probably a little too trusting in these situations and would rather believe than suspect..... we shall see.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Jesse, if this person died in a car accident, there would be a police report and the victim would be named after the family was notified. This statement from his wife makes no sense "We are leaving tow for 2 weeks, we will be back on the 17 or 18th of july" WE and what about the funeral arrangements, and the sick son, as Daddy had to stay at home to look after him and was incapable of sending a refund...bogus

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 07-04-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Dana

I live about 30 min. south of you and could very easily come up there and get Jesse's item and ship it to him for you no questions asked...please do yourself a favor and avoid an unscheduled visit from myself or the authorities.....please do the right thing and feel free to call me to arrange a pick up 561-662-8684....like I said no hassle or no questions asked..I just want to help Jesse get whats coming to him

Nick
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    dana

i live about 30 min. South of you and could very easily come up there and get jesse's item and ship it to him for you no questions asked...please do yourself a favor and avoid an unscheduled visit from myself or the authorities.....please do the right thing and feel free to call me to arrange a pick up 561-662-8684....like i said no hassle or no questions asked..i just want to help jesse get whats coming to him

nick
    great resolution!

Id make a visit anyways,

I'll even donate for gas money my self
    Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast
    ToySport Triton- Not as fast

Dang, thanks a lot guys for the support! Wolf, I don't know what to say, that is a very generous offer, as is yours Nick and all who are offering to pitch in to help! I just hope this address we have for the Browns is correct... Furthermore, David had told me in an email that the charger got damaged "slid off his workbench onto the cement floor and broke." .... So even if the items were available, not all the stuff I paid for would be in working condition - I wonder now if he might have sold that charger to somebody else....????

So, my preferred resolution at this point is the money. I can assure all that I would be making a visit if I lived nearby as well, but .... at this point it is pretty clear this is scam. Give this, it is most likely that these people will be hard to track.

As for a visit up there, it is up to you. It would be interesting to see if they really are leaving or just what... Too many question marks in this situation..

I appreciate the offers and all the support - what a great bunch of folks.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

There is a lesson here only buy from a member that has been arround for a while and even still ask for their mailing address, telophone # via pm prior to completing the deal... if they do not comply move on.

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 07-04-2009 at 04:49 PM.

You got good point Douggie! Despite how much I don't like these threads, they serve to keep us alert for the scammers out there. I guess I was a little naive on this one...
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Not naive, just honest!

Douggie

Easy guys, this is along the lines of what I was suspecting but ends up being a real blow.

I just got an email from his wife (I am sure she wouldn't mind me sharing this with you all):

My name is dana brown, davids wife. Im very sorry to inform you and the rest of the ose family that he passed away in a car accident last night in the hospital. I understand he owed you money but please understand the time and pressure im under right now, i will work my hardest to get you a refund ASAP. thanks for understanding

I never really got the feeling he was trying to scam me, just that he was hard up for money and had probably already spent the cash.

She says she will try to get it to me ASAP, so I will try to be patient and stand by.
    Jesse

You posted this on July 3
    This means that the accident happened on the evening of July 2
    The E-Bay items were posted on Fri. morning July 3 -- Dana's E-Bay account
    On E-Bay it stats
    I am selling this for my friends Wife, he recently passed away and left owing some important people money. We would like to pay those people off, he owes it to the, so if anyone wants anything we are listing please help us out.

I raced boats with him, so his wife asked that i discribe this stuff the best I can.

It also say that they are going out of town for two weeks and will ship the items when they get back.

Who would post items on E-Bay the next morning after there husband died.

this is BS

Sound like they are moving and getting out of Dodge

Any body try phoning them yet??
    David Brown
    3290 Lewis St.
    Fort Pierce, FL. 34981

Phone -772 - 464-2966

Larry
    Last edited by TRUCKPULL; 07-05-2009 at 10:52 AM.
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

jesse did you call the number i gave u
    THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

1-772-801-8297 his cell number
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

I have not yet. I have been hanging out with family and will probably try tomorrow. Thanks though, will try soon.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Mrs. Brown,

I have escalated this case to a claim with Paypal. If you are able to help resolve this by refunding my money, I will cancel the claim directly upon monetary resolution. Otherwise, it is up to Paypal - and that is not a good thing.

Thank you for your communication and attention to this matter.
    Jesse
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

If this is truely a scam you won't get anything from Paypal, that money is already spent....ask me how I know

Good luck.
    Team Liquid Dash

Quote Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
    If this is truely a scam you won't get anything from Paypal, that money is already spent....ask me how I know

Good luck.

If it is still in his account you will, most take the money right out..

Mrs. Brown. since you were so kind to advise us of David's demise where is the funeral so we may give our respects and please post your paypal account number in order for us to send to you more cash in these trying times.

Douggie

Exclamation

Yes please post address of the funural home were the wake is, i would luv to send flowers in behalf of all of us on ose !!!! In davids memory !!!!!!

Awaiting you info tks !!!!!!!

You know it is very interesting , we all get taken in by a sob story. My son is very ill and my husband just died...avoid these pathtetic scam artists..a bit of a shame as the FE fraterinty is much stronger.

Douuggie

Talking

well said my friend !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Mrs. Brown. since you were so kind to advise us of David's demise where is the funeral so we may give our respects and please post your paypal account number in order for us to send to you more cash in these trying times.

Douggie

That's awesome!

IF you go deep enough into ebay you can get the seller's phone number and address. I have called sellers before. I think it's in the dispute/resolution area.

You got good point Douggie! Despite how much I don't like these threads, they serve to keep us alert for the scammers out there. I guess I was a little naive on this one...
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    Yes please post address of the funural home were the wake is, i would luv to send flowers in behalf of all of us on ose !!!! In davids memory !!!!!!

Awaiting you info tks !!!!!!!

You guys have the attention span of a house fly,,,,don't you remember, she was "going away for 2 weeks"

Thats the only reason there have been no further replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    You guys have the attention span of a house fly,,,,don't you remember, she was "going away for 2 weeks"

Thats the only reason there have been no further replies.

So still....

No personal visits?
    No phone calls to the local police?
    Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast
    ToySport Triton- Not as fast

yeah nobody's called, im about to call these mother f--r's long distance

Here is the St. Lucy County court house:
    772-462-6900

This is where the police said to call to check on the death of said individual. I have gone back and forth on this calling business... curiosity vs. "this is beyond what I should have to do for a sale"

I may try the court house, but doubt I will try his cell.... yet.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

i will call tommorrow jesse it's david brown correct

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast