Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling off everything I have!!! Tactic, Hyperion, Custom Painted sv27!!!!!!!

Easy guys, this is along the lines of what I was suspecting but ends up being a real blow.

I just got an email from his wife (I am sure she wouldn't mind me sharing this with you all):

My name is dana brown, davids wife. Im very sorry to inform you and the rest of the ose family that he passed away in a car accident last night in the hospital. I understand he owed you money but please understand the time and pressure im under right now, i will work my hardest to get you a refund ASAP. thanks for understanding

I never really got the feeling he was trying to scam me, just that he was hard up for money and had probably already spent the cash.

She says she will try to get it to me ASAP, so I will try to be patient and stand by.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

File a claim.

How can you take a chance at this point?
    Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast
    ToySport Triton- Not as fast

Thumbs up

jesse you got pm you gonna luv this my friend

THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

this sure has turned into a soup sandwich....

Talking

hell a long movie it seems with out a ending insight

THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

Hi everyone.

My name is Dana, Davids wife.

I emailed Jesse already stating whats going on.

I really hate to inform eveyone that David Passed away last night around 1:30am in a bad car accident. It is very hard to write right now, but i know he was trying very hard to get jesse his money back, my husband was never anyone to rip anyone off!

If anyone could help by helping me raise the funds to refund Jesse, and another person on ebay he needed to refund, it would helop out tremendosly!!

My ebay SN is Danabrown772, I will be having a close friend that raced boats with him list stuff on ebay so we can get all this cleared up ASAP.

We are leaving tow for 2 weeks, we will be back on the 17 or 18th of july.

If you bid on anything on ebay we are selling please let me know pm me here or email me danabrown8687@yahoo.com and we will give shipping discounts to members here on the forums.

Thanks for all your guys help,

Dana B.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    OK David, you get until the end of the weekend to clear your name or I file dispute with Paypal, which will probably mean being banned from this site...

Thanks for your quick attention, respect to me and explanation of this matter.

Jesse

Paypal is on your side, they can and will freeze his account and will not be able to use it until this matter is cleared..

Wheres this guy from?

Anyone tried contacting the local Police to clarify a wreck or any sort of accident?
    Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast
    ToySport Triton- Not as fast

My exact thoughts......maybe his wife could give us his name and address so we could check into this.....

Quote Originally Posted by z400 View Post
    Wheres this guy from?

Anyone tried contacting the local Police to clarify a wreck or any sort of accident?
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

how come they can't have the friend that is selling the stuff on ebay, mail Jesse his stuff.

I know this may be wrong to say, but I truly believe this is a scam. I hope someone prooves me wrong with this, but if i were Jesse i would file a Paypal claim ASAP.

Mrs. Brown,

I mean no disrespect, BUT due to the fact that this appears like a scam and we have no concrete evidence that it is not, I doubt you are going to get anybody to buy more stuff until they are more confident this is a true story. I would recommend you refund me my money and then ask people to help. This is a tight group of folks here and we watch out for each other, so if you make right with one, you are far more likely to get others to chip in and help your case.

I will be filing a claim if I don't get refunded before Monday - because my 30 days to dispute is coming to a close. If you refund, you really do a good thing for your case. If not, then Paypal will be helping me settle this.

We need some evidence to feel good about this case, sounds cruel, but there are a lot of scammers out there and many of us have been victim, so you know about what they say... maybe more than twice shy.

Thanks for working with us.

Jesse
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    yup that is him reconize the bench he bragged about at fathers day his wife gave him ........

good luck jesse !!!!!!!!
    And something about going to Northern Tool!!

I have initiated a Paypal dispute. If it doesn't get resolved by Monday (i.e. proof of death) then I will escalate to a claim. The more I think about this, the more I feel burned. I have no interest in calling this person.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I think I see a movie. This person and his " wife " sound like real scam artists ."If anyone could help by helping me raise the funds to refund Jesse, and another person on ebay he needed to refund, it would helop out tremendosly!"! Also please note that the wife states WE are leaving for two weeks
    .note that nothing was mentioned about the sick son. I hope I am wrong.
    Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 07-03-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    I think I see a movie. This person and his " wife " sound like real scam artists ."If anyone could help by helping me raise the funds to refund Jesse, and another person on ebay he needed to refund, it would helop out tremendosly!"!
    .note that nothing was mentioned about the sick son. I hope I am wrong.
    Douggie
    Yeah not mention the person selling on ebay is selling for a friends "wife", on the "wifes" ebay account.

Seems really suspicious.

I hope we are wrong about this being a scam. It truly is sickening to read about all the scammers on the different RC forums...rcgroups, rc universe, rumrunner etc....

Danny, ban this scam artist and his " wife" ... Jessie, I hope all goes with PayPal. Also note if my spouse died the previous night the last thing on my mind would be looking at his ebay etc accounts and asking for more cash.

Douggie

How many times are they gonna try to sell this stuff, yeah if they sent it to jesse then they wouldnt owe a refund to him daaaaaaoh!!!

My wife would not know my log in info. Not that I hide it but If I passed, I am sorry but, this site would be the last thing on her mind. She and her friends would have no clue as to what most of my stuff is so yes I agree... scam.

Danny, send off this persons IP address to the FBI. I am sure they can track him down.

Douggie

this sucks!

I know that paying back someone might be hard if funds are tight, but attempting to fake your own death, if he really didn't pass away, is just plain wrong. That's just my opinion on the matter.

He is apparently from Fort Pierce Florida. Info from the Ebay listings. What did you buy from him for 175.00 in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by AZpdljumper View Post
    He is apparently from Fort Pierce Florida. Info from the Ebay listings. What did you buy from him for 175.00 in the first place?

Ahhh. did you read the 1st page?

Here is a myspace page that fits the location & names. Last login was today and have a look at the "mood"

David Brown (772) 464-2966 3290 Lewis St,Fort Pierce, FL 34981 Map
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The radio 2.4 is for sale on Ebay along with the white sv27 right now

I would think people would be posting things like "sorry about you loss" and all that jazz, That is truly disgusting to know someone would go to those extremes to STEAL 175.00$ from someone.

Sorry but I need to say MY also after following this story.
    I see big GRAY cloud over this issue.
    Sent the parts or the money. How much easier this could be. Situation or not, just do it.
    These days people will go very far to look for ideas.
    I also would like to see positive resolution of this mambo jumbo...
    Good luck Jesse
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Jesse, i really hope this all works out for you ! this sucks either way!! i really hope this guy didnt die though, everybody really needs to put this in perspective, it still is only money. its beyond me that people can go to sleep at night cheeting other like this if indeed thats what he did. but a soul is far more important than any amouny of $$.just my thought and support for Jesse, OSE and ALL MT FELLOW BOATERS. i hope this guy didnt die and he COMES CLEAN AND REFUNDS YOU , AND IF INDEED HE DID DIE JESSE ILL PAY YOU WHAT EVER IS OWED TO AVOID ANY ADDED PRESSURE ON HIS FAMILY.

Wow Wolf that is a very generous offer of you. I respect that and I wish the world was filled with more honest people such as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by tom m View Post
    wow wolf that is a very generous offer of you. I respect that and i wish the world was filled with more honest people such as yourself.
    i see that your new around here, i read on this forum and rrr for a year before ever getting involved...this forum is full of good guys, great deals and lots of knowledge ...only trying to keep this awesome forum honest and keep everything in perspective. I ( hate) being lied to, but death is much worse....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast