Thread: help

Default help

the collet nut on my blackjack is slipping it is as tight as it goes what should I do

is the set screw on the flat part of the shaft?

yes it is

From your hoppy shop get a piece of brass sheeting. Cut out a little piece and wrap around the tip of your drive shaft and re-tighten the collet over the brass piece.

There was an earlier thread called "help with wimpy collet nut" that might be helpful for you...it was for me.

Also, I was wondering if this ugrade from Kintec Racing might be helpful. Perhaps some of the senior members can comment on whether or not this would be a good choice. Go to this website and scroll down a bit.

http://kintecracing.com/Accessories.html

"3 PC Flex Collets The strongest best made on the market. Precision cnc made from 303 stainless steel with a brass insert. Makes for a slip proof secure grip. Inserts sold seperatly should you ever wear one out. 5mm, 8mm, x .150, .187 Made in USA"

Andre

That collet seems pretty good, it is the same technology used in pneumatic die grinders, so i would think that collet would work

after all that I figured out that the collet screw came off I used some locktite and it is sealed thank for the help