Thread: water in the hull

Default water in the hull

i ran my bj26 for the first time today and i had a good amount of water in my hull and i know its not the water cooling system what else could it be?

Hatch tape or stuffing tube but I suspect that big gapping antenna tube hole as I have the same problem. I'm going to remount the antenna and plug the old hole. Still working on angling the turn fins, one thing at a time is all I can handle!

as mentioned, the 2 major entry points are the antenna hole, and the stuffing tube. For the stuffing tube, get some shaft grease, and really coat it. The antenna hole, plug it.

what should i plug the attena hole with?

good question, you will have to drill another hole through the tupperware box for the antenna wire and drill a hole just aft of the hatch for the new antenna mount and use hatch tape for both sides of the old hole as well as the old hole through the tupperware. Looks ugly but I don't do bondo but am still thinking about how to make it pretty!

ok thanks

I put tape on the outside, to keep it flat, and I used some epoxy to fill it in. It is a little soft, and its clear, but it keeps the water out.