Thread: Do you have a Mini Cat USA Micro Hydro??

Default Do you have a Mini Cat USA Micro Hydro??

The Blue, Purple and Hot Pink are on sale now so I am thinking of getting one.

If you have any of these colours, can you share a picture of your boat to help me decide?

Thanks.
    Grand River Marine Modellers, el Presidente
    IROC VUP, 25" Prince Mono, Mini Hydro, Classic Barrel Back, brushless Mini Rio and two Nitro Tunnels

I had a red one I never ran.
    I gave it to Dirtysouth31.
    He sold her to TTH.
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 05-31-2009 at 01:54 PM.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by HappyOne View Post
    The Blue, Purple and Hot Pink are on sale now so I am thinking of getting one.

If you have any of these colours, can you share a picture of your boat to help me decide?

Thanks.
    Just bought the LAST green one last night...so...no I don't have one, BUT I WILL...

Also have a 3s 2200 Poly RC on order from Pat (RC Lipos)...He's the best!!

-Kent
    Last edited by HOTWATER; 05-28-2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typo

Also, if you want to see pics of the boats, just go to the minicatracingusa homepage and click on Gallery at the top...you will see some pics of people with thier hydros...c'mon get the pink one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HOTWATER View Post
    ...c'mon get the pink one!!!
    LMAO! What are you saying?

Maybe the antenna tube will match
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    LMAO! What are you saying?

Maybe the antenna tube will match

I think I am man enough to buy pink
    IROC VUP, 25" Prince Mono, Mini Hydro, Classic Barrel Back, brushless Mini Rio and two Nitro Tunnels

Actually, kidding aside, the pink is the most visible on the water of all the colors! It's pretty cool! You could name it the "Miss Pepto-Bismol"

The colors on the boat order page are pretty close but not perfect. Depends on your monitor.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Jim, how much to ship to Kitchener, Ontario, Canada?

Happy, Happy,,,Happy,,,,,,

A hydro, a Blackjack,,,a Mini Rio,,,a Deep V,,,and now another hydro..........It would appear that someone has been "bitten" buy a bug

Around $20-25 as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyOne View Post
    Jim, how much to ship to Kitchener, Ontario, Canada?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Happy, Happy,,,Happy,,,,,,

A hydro, a Blackjack,,,a Mini Rio,,,a Deep V,,,and now another hydro..........It would appear that someone has been "bitten" buy a bug
    Yeah...and there's a sailboat too

Maybe I should sell one to make room....

Happy One, just get the color that YOU would like. Hot Pink would be very visible (the ducks in the lake would stay clear, that's for sure! JK!) It will be a very cool hydro...that's for sure!!

-Kent

I found a good deal on a year old velocity micro cat it has a tenshock water cooled 30amp esc...also has a feigao 2040sl 3650kv motor in it

here are some pics

sailr you might remember this one...he says that with a 30mm prop it does about mid 30mph on 3s

Last edited by bustitup; 05-31-2009 at 09:08 PM.
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

bustitup, it's actually not a cat, it's a hydro. Looks just like the one I just bought only mine is green and has the 280 motor in it.

Very cool little micros!! Have you run it yet? What size lipos are you using in it?

-Kent

Quote Originally Posted by HOTWATER View Post
    bustitup, it's actually not a cat, it's a hydro. Looks just like the one I just bought only mine is green and has the 280 motor in it.

Very cool little micros!! Have you run it yet? What size lipos are you using in it?

-Kent
    Lol.....yes I meant hydro.......I just paid for it today ....its being shipped in the morning

I found some zippy 3s 2200mah 15c from hobby city.......4 of them shipped for $80

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    Lol.....yes I meant hydro.......I just paid for it today ....its being shipped in the morning

I found some zippy 3s 2200mah 15c from hobby city.......4 of them shipped for $80

Awesome! I am running the same size lipos... only they are 25C Enerlands. Love that Feigao motor in yours...Hmmm... may have to try one of those!

I just bought a micro turn fin for it on OSE. I'm gonna run it without for a little while and then I'm going to mount it to see if it helps with the turns. I know my little rigger would not handle very well without one...plus I don't think it would hurt at all to have one.
    Last edited by HOTWATER; 05-31-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: typo

I dont know how but the micro hydro does turn pretty darn well without a turn fin. couldn't see one hurting though either.

Actually it's not a Velocity Micro Cat, it's a Mini Cat Micro Hydro. Not part of the Velocity line. You'll have a blast with it.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Actually it's not a Velocity Micro Cat, it's a Mini Cat Micro Hydro. Not part of the Velocity line. You'll have a blast with it.
    What's the difference.......is the tenshock esc any good

Two different brands sold by the same company. The Micro Hydro is a HYDRO, the Velocity cat is a CAT!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

i had the carbon fibre version of the hydro about 1 1/2 years ago
    was running on 4s with a s/steel prop clocked it at over 45mph on perfect water. to bad i didnt know the spektrum dx3 doesnt like water

Ouch

Between issues with carbon fibre and water, I think I will stay with my JR FM system and resist the 2.4G urge. I can change frequencies with the twist of a few knobs and button pushes and have never had an interference issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie-crawl View Post
    i had the carbon fibre version of the hydro about 1 1/2 years ago
    was running on 4s with a s/steel prop clocked it at over 45mph on perfect water. to bad i didnt know the spektrum dx3 doesnt like water
    Two words; external antenna

It also could be the carbon fiber scattering the 2.4Ghz signal.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    It also could be the carbon fiber scattering the 2.4Ghz signal.
    Could be...I know that in my CF sailplanes the fuselage completely blocks any signals....I can't get more than a couple feet away without all my control surfaces glitching like crazy.
    Steve

I believe that the phenomenon is very much like a Faraday cage => link

I've design various studios where there has been a lot of interference. We use these principles to eliminate RF and other interference. Only thing is, you can't use your cell phone after one of these designs is in place. LOL