Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: King Of Shaves C1 Brushless!

Got back from running this evening and will try and upload. What a pretty boat!

All he had was 10,000 mah 2s packs. She still ran nice but it has to have 3S then some propping.

All in all I have to say this is one well done boat.

Boy, I was just about to go hire a private eye to find you. So we have a winner?
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Oh man, must had been slow as a dog on 2s

Not really, those motors are 2800 kv, I believe.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

It was slow but not as bad as you would think for the size and weight. Certainly I expected to see on top and faster but not with 2s. He is getting cells and may be on Tues/wed we can shoot something that picks her up a bit.

3S minimum. He did run it around forever and the motors were just warm. Nothing had issues and he must have run it for 15 minutes on and off.

ESCs cool and of course his 10,000 mah cells were not even warm.

It was a good test for the escs dragging them around like that. Never sputtered a bit.

I will get some vid up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    I will get some vid up in the morning.
    Is it morning there yet? Don't tell me you did not mean 12am in the morning?
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 08-25-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: fixed broken quote tags

congrats!

yaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn....it is now. Glad I don't give you all my cell # or I probably would have been woken up with a call :)

I have to get to my real job shortly and will load something up. Not very impressive on 2S but at least you will know how it runs on that.

The boat is worth the $...I questioned that until I saw it.

yaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn....it is now. Glad I don't give you all my cell # or I probably would have been woken up with a call :)

I have to get to my real job shortly and will load something up. Not very impressive on 2S but at least you will know how it runs on that.

The boat is worth the $...I questioned that until I saw it.
    I'm not so bad with the phone calls early in the morning thing but it does cross my mind! Hope to see the video when I get home from work!

Hope u guys are not mixing dif brands of lipoe....all specs should be exact same accept for mah
    And must be the same brand and c rating
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

These guys are pros.

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    These guys are pros.
    arent we all?

my point!

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    my point!

This is great!
    now anyone with a cool video of this cat?

same ole video

Mine is uploading now. Damn 180 meg file because I could not convert it to mpeg4 for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whfLqIBqQb0

You do not need the same brand of lipos to run you do not even need the same MAH if putting in series....just C rating and you can be fine. Yes there are differences in each pack but as long as you do not drain them or run them a long time it is fine. I do not like to do this but for a quick test it would be fine.

I've watched your channel before jeff, with AquaPalooza

Watch the Lake of the Ozark one with me and my ad agency girls :) Rimante is from Romania and I just like to hear her talk!

That other video is how it should run with 3 or 4S

I am trying to get him to use my Y-harnesses and plug up 4S per side.

You do not need the same brand of lipos to run you do not even need the same MAH if putting in series....just C rating and you can be fine. Yes there are differences in each pack but as long as you do not drain them or run them a long time it is fine. I do not like to do this but for a quick test it would be fine.

Sure Jeff and you can run regular Gas in a top fuel dragster but whats the point?

I was trying to teach people that dont know....... that its not cool to mix brands and c ratings of lipos in brushless setups

like the guy who had the "we are all pro's" comment

there is a reason Jeff doent like to do it but yes it can be done
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    Sure Jeff and you can run regular Gas in a top fuel dragster but whats the point?
    I was trying to teach people that dont know....... that its not cool to mix brands and c ratings of lipos in brushless setups
    am I missing something
    I thought this was a FE site not nitro?

I wanna see a good vid of it on 3s. ASAP!! Before I build a cat that is. I'm more concerned with how it will corner.

...the same reason I said C rating has to be the same. You were just stating something that was not totally true...brand names do not need to be the same.

Yes, some cells are better than others. The only point was for a couple test runs it is perfectly fine. People have some impression that there is some voodoo in lipo cells. Not true. With good setups you should never be pulling more than 70% of the amps the pack is rated for. I would not put a 2500 25 C pack with a PQ 6000 25c pack if I know I was going to pull 125 amps constantly. You would be stressing the 2500 pack.

I would agree and practice the same ideals. Better to have your cells in correct combos.

I did not know everything we posted was for teaching others all the time. Some real world has to be in there.

That other video is how it should run with 3 or 4S

I am trying to get him to use my Y-harnesses and plug up 4S per side.
    Are we going to see your cat on 3S or 4S sometime? This really look like a beautifull boat. I would just find a way of getting rid of those two silicone water lines to enhance its scale appearance. Maybe some sponson mounted pick-ups?

Quote Originally Posted by lomdel View Post
    Are we going to see your cat on 3S or 4S sometime? This really look like a beautifull boat. I would just find a way of getting rid of those two silicone water lines to enhance its scale appearance. Maybe some sponson mounted pick-ups?
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=gnd-4191

Probably one of the things I would change. They kind of take the scale look out. It also has a water p/u rudder but they have put a set screw in the hole at the top. A person could take that out and have a third water intake. I worry about the water intakes as they are not too good and especially if it were run at top speed. Either they will drag...no good...or they are only catching spray.

Yep...in the hull would be sweet.

That was not my boat and the dude is on vacation until Friday and I leave then but I think he already has packs coming for it. 2S was a joke but I have to say for the weight of the boat and size I was actually shocked it ran out like it did.

4s and this boat will rock. I do not see why it would not handle like a good german hull as it is virtually the same hull design from what I could see. Pretty shallow sponsons and not a large mass of air entering in the front so I think it will take some serious speed. Most people that ordered this boat are getting them in. I expect in the next week we will see a bunch of youtube videos.

My shipment of them arrives today. I have 2 coming in, both for sale.

Whats infront of the motors? The black part? Looks like a gear box.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Nope...ESCs rated each at 60 amps and water cooled. You are going to be inpressed. Slicker than snot man.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast