Quote Originally Posted by showstoppercat View Post
    Dragon Mini Cat 820

http://www.storacingproducts.com/dra...brushless.html

New! 880mm Twin Brushless Motor Ready To Race

Speeds up top 50mph+

Length - 820mm#
    •Width - 240mm
    •Weight - 2400g
    •Speed Controller - 2x 40 Amp Water Cooled (Included)
    •Radio - 2 channel (Included)
    •Motor - 2x Water Cooled 2636kv brushless (Included)
    •Battery - 2x 11.1v 2100 - 4500Mah Lipo (Not Included)
    •Hull Material - Fibreglass (FRP). Propeller - D36 x P1.4

Im guessing this a copy of the KOS venom product

that looks awesome, I don't think it's a copy just a different version..
    venom puts their name on alot of things and usually adds to the price

I found a quote over on RCU that I'm curious about:

"ORIGINAL: VENOMOUS

The EKOS handles rough water well. Its been tested in different lake water conditions and temperatures from below freezing to 90F normal summer days.
    The photo of the props looking like 4 blader's is interesting. The EKOS comes with 3 blade props standard and a spare set are included.
    We have tested the EKOS with 4S 3200mah Lipos and the 1.4X36mm props and running temps were fine. The speed was the same as the UL-1 for comparison."

Did he say 4S? Hmmmm...

Good running cat. 40 amp ESCs? wow....

Just give me a hull and I will take care of the rest :) Looks like that hull can handle 70 mph but a crash could show you how well it is made.

That Minicat seems to be trimmed quite nicely.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    Good running cat. 40 amp ESCs? wow....

Just give me a hull and I will take care of the rest :) Looks like that hull can handle 70 mph but a crash could show you how well it is made.
    Actually the EKOS has 60 amp ESC's. Tower has a listing for the hull only (order pending) for $132.99 and they are accepting back orders.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=VNRB1810&P=Z

Just got 2 of them! One will be for running this evening and one is for sale.

I wills say, I have NEVER seen a factory boat this well done. Perfect set up. Rudder also has a hole for water but two lines coming up from brass in front of the rudder should work well. We already slid them down deeper.

Hull is so damn nice. Scale and all stickers and trimming has a very thick clearcoat...almost epoxy. Nothing will come off. Inside is very nice...all wood is epoxied. Out of a 10 I would give it a 10...no kidding!

Yes, 60 amp ESC. Nice motors with the built in cooling can. Nice radio...I think airtronics.

I will sell one for $495 shipped to your door in US only. You must PM me for paypal address. You will have by the weekend!

I have some pics but have to send from my phone.

Sounds to good to be true Jeff, please take some shots or even better film todays ride, some shots/vids from the inside of the hull as well would be nice.

Just got 2 of them! One will be for running this evening and one is for sale.

I wills say, I have NEVER seen a factory boat this well done. Perfect set up. Rudder also has a hole for water but two lines coming up from brass in front of the rudder should work well. We already slid them down deeper.

Hull is so damn nice. Scale and all stickers and trimming has a very thick clearcoat...almost epoxy. Nothing will come off. Inside is very nice...all wood is epoxied. Out of a 10 I would give it a 10...no kidding!

Yes, 60 amp ESC. Nice motors with the built in cooling can. Nice radio...I think airtronics.

I will sell one for $495 shipped to your door in US only. You must PM me for paypal address. You will have by the weekend!

I have some pics but have to send from my phone.
    WOW! From "just give me a hull" to getting 2 EKOS'. You must have connections...

Some lucky guy is going to be very happy, as Tower doesn't have any right now.

That is what I thought as well.....I was looking for blemishes...poor quality of something...not there.

I plan to go shoot some video this evening but girlfriend may have something else to say...oh well they are a dime a dozen...boats first!

Very impressive. Small three blade props but should scream. We will run it on 2S each side but I figure the 3S is the way to go but we do not have any 3S....hmmm...got 4S but not sure I should do that.

Box says 40 mph out of the box.

I just sent a phot from my phone to my e-mail but nothing yet.

Radio alread has a baloon on it. Servo mount is alum. Motors are straight with shafts and no slants....and room for some nice 540 Xls !

It is not me with connections. I just get the benefits :) Yes, they are really here.

I know you already know this Jeff, but on RCU the guy who was also so kind to post a video and pics said he lost a shaft, So tighten everything.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

I may have to get one from tower for $440 and try it on 4s!

Thanks for the warning. One of the guys is going thru it now. Not sure the flex cables are soldered eith but he is pulling them anyway.

just called him...one set screw was not very tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I may have to get one from tower for $440 and try it on 4s!
    For 4S we'll need to start looking for some metal props. Unfortunately the selection isn't that big (need a right hand and left hand). I just do not believe those plastic ones will be able to stay together the first time the boat gets airborne and they go 45k+ rpm.

Might have to use some CF L&R to get started. These look pretty hard so I am gueesing they will flex some. Good looking little props.

Just grabbed my work Mino HD and will try to get some video.

Might have to use some CF L&R to get started. These look pretty hard so I am gueesing they will flex some. Good looking little props.

Just grabbed my work Mino HD and will try to get some video.
    Since mine won't arrive for a couple of hours, can you tell me the measurments of the battery box?

Bob

Here is another one (looks similar) and it is "in stock".

http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...47&idx=1&gid=3

Apparently needs and ESC and radio however.

what, thats a total rip. 498.00 w/ no esc servo or radio. the new venom is rtr for that price and only 370.00 to dealers

Quote Originally Posted by 6S HYDRO View Post
    Here is another one (looks similar) and it is "in stock".

http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...47&idx=1&gid=3

Apparently needs and ESC and radio however.

what, thats a total rip. 498.00 w/ no esc servo or radio. the new venom is rtr for that price and only 370.00 to dealers
    I have to agree. Way too much for me...

I wish that UPS guy would get here...

Bob, I am back at work so not in front of me. I will know later but looks like lipos of many sizes will work.

Bob, I am back at work so not in front of me. I will know later but looks like lipos of many sizes will work.
    Thanks!

Wanted to get a head start on ordering batteries...

look at the new 40c packs at hobby city, probably want about a 3-4000 4s per side- im thinking 2 5000 4s's will be too heavy for the boat- but i could be wrong.

look at the new 40c packs at hobby city, probably want about a 3-4000 4s per side- im thinking 2 5000 4s's will be too heavy for the boat- but i could be wrong.
    I think I want to start with 3s to see how she handles. I can always series up my 6500 2s that I use in the UL-1 (stack um). I have 4 of those.

Any suggestions on 3s packs?

rhino 4900 3s 25c

Rhino 4900mAh 3S1P 25C Lipoly Pack
    $44.95

455g

View product details

here the whole 40c page- not much in high mah yet

http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...9&ParentCat=85

On the Venom web site they show the 5400 3s packs in the boat. Their total weight for both is 998 grams.

4 of my 6500's have a total weight of 1308 grams. Not sure if that is too much or not. Hopefully it can handle an additional 300 grams.

I still plan on starting with 3s though.

rhino 4900 3s 25c

Rhino 4900mAh 3S1P 25C Lipoly Pack
    $44.95

455g

View product details

Nice price getting things started with 3s... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Drag Boat Bob View Post
    On the Venom web site they show the 5400 3s packs in the boat. Their total weight for both is 998 grams.

4 of my 6500's have a total weight of 1308 grams. Not sure if that is too much or not. Hopefully it can handle an additional 300 grams.

I still plan on starting with 3s though.
    Possibly more stable at speed..

It finally arrived. This boat looks very nice! Fit and finish are extremely well done.

The battery area is somewhat limited in height. The dimensions for the battery locations are (ea.): 6" long, 2 1/2" wide (to against the motor), 1 3/8" high (to the bottom of the hatch). Using my 4 6500 2s packs is out of the question.

They have incorporated the use of chokes in the ESC wires to the receiver. This is something I have wondered about, but not seen before (in rc), but again I am new to this sport.

Nice water exit holes on the sides via polished aluminum fittings.

Now back to putting it together...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks awesome! I don't think i'd run 4s on those motors anyhow. Too high kv.

Thank you for the pics, looks awesome!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast