Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: King Of Shaves C1 Brushless!

Default X442s

Just got my modded X442s from ICE329 this week they look good.I will run them this weekend with my data logger and see how many amps they draw.UPDATE; Props work great,motors and all electrics stayed well below 140F.I could not do long full throttle passes because of wind and chop but amp load was low under these conditions.The Feiago 380 8XLs work great on 3s with the modded Octura props and with 9XLs you could probably get away with just B&S X442s on 3s battery packs.The sound of the new setup is great,I love the twin screw howl.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Igoreski; 05-30-2010 at 01:52 PM.

So are the motors sopost to spin towards each other or away from each other..forgot how I had the motors plugged in to each other....

Inward towards each other. If you accidentally switched the props and not cables, or have the cables running in the wrong direction, they will unwind and snap!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Inward towards each other. If you accidentally switched the props and not cables, or have the cables running in the wrong direction, they will unwind and snap!
    Or might look like this: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...5&d=1274907255

(this happened when I held the motor hex instead of the prop and tightened the prop nut. The cable came partially unwound in the tube.)

Well it works first try lol just plugged wires into each other. Now I just need to order new prop nuts and dogs cause one flew off. Lol but the shaft is still nice and tight lol. Time to order more from rcraceboat lol more to come after that. Maybe a video at the marina you guys will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by VIKOS View Post
    Well it works first try lol just plugged wires into each other. Now I just need to order new prop nuts and dogs cause one flew off. Lol but the shaft is still nice and tight lol. Time to order more from rcraceboat lol more to come after that. Maybe a video at the marina you guys will like it.
    Get the ones from Jeff. Good quality, not like the stock junk. The aluminum prop nuts are poorly machined and the threads are often messed up.

http://www.rcraceboat.com/EKOS.html

=)

Quote Originally Posted by VIKOS View Post
    You don't know how many hours I searched the net looking for a wiring order the first time I installed a brushless system. Then learned it doesn't matter which plug, just what order. Forward or reverse.

Many thanks to Jan at KINTEC RACING ( http://kintecracing.com/ ) and Jeff at WOHLT'S RC BOATS ( http://www.rcraceboat.com/ ) for coming through with the replacement parts to float my EKoS. They came through with stock that VENOM GROUP INT. could not. They were top notch to deal with and fast delivery. Prices were better than VGI. They are also based in the U.S. Looking forward to checking out the upgraded couplers and wire drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Nekker View Post
    Many thanks to Jan at KINTEC RACING ( http://kintecracing.com/ ) and Jeff at WOHLT'S RC BOATS ( http://www.rcraceboat.com/ ) for coming through with the replacement parts to float my EKoS. They came through with stock that VENOM GROUP INT. could not. They were top notch to deal with and fast delivery. Prices were better than VGI. They are also based in the U.S. Looking forward to checking out the upgraded couplers and wire drives.

They are 2 of the best in the biz. Welcome to OSE and Steve the owner of this fine forum is another GREAT guy to do biz with! Happy boating!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

No slight to OSE and Steve intended. Unfortunately, I came across OSE and joined this forum after I ordered the parts for my jinxed KoS. Not a recommended buy in my opinion as this boat has given me nothing but problems. Compounded by Venom's inventory problems and inability to provide replacement parts.

No slight to OSE and Steve intended. Unfortunately, I came across OSE and joined this forum after I ordered the parts for my jinxed KoS. Not a recommended buy in my opinion as this boat has given me nothing but problems. Compounded by Venom's inventory problems and inability to provide replacement parts.
    Most EKOS users are finding out things the same way you did, THE HARD WAY. Venom normally only comes on this forum to push a new product. You will find Aquacraft, Proboat, Skunkworks & Minicatracingusa desigers and owners on this site that will give you all that support that you need and are really helpfull.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

The EKOS was a tough pill to swallow after I bought it and learned the hard way about its reliability.I have close to $1000 in mine upgrading and replacing junk that went bad.That includes the price of the hull.But,after I did upgrade and replace everything,its been my favorite boat to run.Venom can suck it.Stick to the above mentioned sites for hop ups.And buy the steel drive dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Igoreski View Post
    Just got my modded X442s from ICE329 this week they look good.I will run them this weekend with my data logger and see how many amps they draw.UPDATE; Props work great,motors and all electrics stayed well below 140F.I could not do long full throttle passes because of wind and chop but amp load was low under these conditions.The Feiago 380 8XLs work great on 3s with the modded Octura props and with 9XLs you could probably get away with just B&S X442s on 3s battery packs.The sound of the new setup is great,I love the twin screw howl.
    9xl's + S&B 442's + 4s=66.1 mph.
    Dont do it.

I wonder if one were to fill the inside of the hull up front with that great stuff foam spray that expands if it would help hold it all together by helping avoid cracking and splitting of the hull. Plus it would add flotation Id think.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

I wouldn't go there. Bad things can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
    I wonder if one were to fill the inside of the hull up front with that great stuff foam spray that expands if it would help hold it all together by helping avoid cracking and splitting of the hull. Plus it would add flotation Id think.
    I know that expanding foam is strong enough to split a thin hull you're not careful.

Ive read you can do it with success,but you have to be very careful as to how much you put in.Apparently,there is a better suited 2 part foam out there that is made for real boats that works great in rc hulls.Expensive too.I dont have a link,but you can search on here under the questions and answers pages and Im sure you ll find it.

I have been through all the EKOS threads on OSE, RCGroups & RCUniverse. You can add my name to the list of ripped off owners:

Tuslow1 Post #486 & 495
    sippirat Post #487
    Brushless55 Post #488
    LarrysDrifter Post #522 and that guy from Australia

who has had nothing but trouble with the EKOS Venon crap in spite of preventative maintenance / measures before trying to float the boat. I bought this thing July 20th and still only have 20 minutes on it. Defective radio out of the box, lost original shaft and attached equipment. Two more flex shafts have since bit the dust (failed). Plastic stock prop disintegrated. Needless to say VENOM'S inability to provide parts adds to the aggrevation.

Now I have a semi-circular 5" crack in the hull. Checked it over with a magnifying glass and there is no indication of any marring from impact with an object. It was driven on calm water in front of my cabin where there is nothing in the way of hazards / debris. The only positive commentary on the EKOS is the quality of the hull - go figure.

So far I have spent $1,286.67 USD, for the EKOS, Venon batteries & charger, props, shafts, etc. for a total of 20 minutes run time. Still have not received Jeff's wire drives and couplers. When I do I am going to run the boat at top speed into a rock face and post the video on U-tube. Stay tuned. Maybe that will be VENOM's attention.

That would be hillarious.And sad at the same time.Im fixing my broken hull.Wont look good,but it ll run good.Kinda miss it.

What are you guys calling modded on your x442's? Has some of the tounge been removed to unload your prop a bit? Surely ones definition of modded isn't just a SBP prop.

Default Venom kos hull failure

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    That would be hillarious.And sad at the same time.Im fixing my broken hull.Wont look good,but it ll run good.Kinda miss it.
    Mine crack is on the bottom of the port side sponson, towards the front. It runs lengthwise, is semi-circular in shape, and about 5 inches long. Is this similar to the damage to your hull?

Like I said in my previous post, it appears to be hull failure and nothing to do with any impact. Anyone else have this happen?

Can u please post pics?

Mine is broke open in the front.Has cracks running from the front to the back and a spider on the floor near the rear.I posted a couple pics in the SeaKing 120 thread on the last page.Dont know how to post a link.

Here you go Larrysdrifter. Link is below:
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...t=16116&page=4

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    Mine is broke open in the front.Has cracks running from the front to the back and a spider on the floor near the rear.I posted a couple pics in the SeaKing 120 thread on the last page.Dont know how to post a link.
    Just copy the http:// address into the box you are typing in and it will form the link automatically. Unless you're on a Blackberry... then it get's complicated.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Quote Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
    What are you guys calling modded on your x442's? Has some of the tounge been removed to unload your prop a bit? Surely ones definition of modded isn't just a SBP prop.
    Correct! de-toungued 442's. The de-tounging process reduces the motor load slightly.

Thanks FighterCat and Bug.Ill try that next time.

Hello to you, I shall want to know if the one of you can say myself if lipo 4S 5000mAh of dimensions: 147x51x36mm between in the highly-rated because the boat will be with an engine in the middle.
    I looked on the forum I found of information because everybody has two engines.
    Thank you in advance

Will Maxamp's 5250mah 4s fit the stock battery tray? 138x45x35mm. They are kinda pricey but they are water proof.

I have been through all the EKOS threads on OSE, RCGroups & RCUniverse. You can add my name to the list of ripped off owners:

Tuslow1 Post #486 & 495
    sippirat Post #487
    Brushless55 Post #488
    LarrysDrifter Post #522 and that guy from Australia

who has had nothing but trouble with the EKOS Venon crap in spite of preventative maintenance / measures before trying to float the boat. I bought this thing July 20th and still only have 20 minutes on it. Defective radio out of the box, lost original shaft and attached equipment. Two more flex shafts have since bit the dust (failed). Plastic stock prop disintegrated. Needless to say VENOM'S inability to provide parts adds to the aggrevation.

Now I have a semi-circular 5" crack in the hull. Checked it over with a magnifying glass and there is no indication of any marring from impact with an object. It was driven on calm water in front of my cabin where there is nothing in the way of hazards / debris. The only positive commentary on the EKOS is the quality of the hull - go figure.

So far I have spent $1,286.67 USD, for the EKOS, Venon batteries & charger, props, shafts, etc. for a total of 20 minutes run time. Still have not received Jeff's wire drives and couplers. When I do I am going to run the boat at top speed into a rock face and post the video on U-tube. Stay tuned. Maybe that will be VENOM's attention.
    I was considering using a remote control switch and just blowing mine up.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast