Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: King Of Shaves C1 Brushless!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mac View Post
    Thanks Forescott. How do the ammo 28-45-2700 compare to the stock Venom motors, are they faster?
    About the same, they are only 2700kv compared to the ekos 2850?(cant remember the exact kv of the ekos motors), but the speed was about the same. They never got over 110 degrees though. Even on 4s. A much higher quality motor. I would prefer the feigao 380L over the ammo though. They are about 15-bucks cheaper and slightly longer. Longer can=more torque! I wasnt aware that feigao had a 380L when I bought the ammos. A guy somewhere here on ose has the feigao 380-10L's in his ekos on 4s, and he has gotten it into the low 50's. Hope this helps!!

Oh and what cooling jackets do you use with those Ammo motors?
    Ose sells a cooling jacket for the feigao 380 motors that also fits the ammo's perfectly.

Thanks again! Both the Feigao 380 10L & 8L work on the stock 60A ESC? :)

Default Stock ESC.

I have my EKOS set up with stock ESCs and Feigao 380 8XLs which are rated at 53a I will let everyone know how many amps the stock ESCs can take because I am data logging and if they go up in smoke it will show at what amps they let go.If they work great if not there goes more $$$.They should work I just tested my big helicopter which was running 18a ESCs on 20a motors and works great.The data shows that even with a 10 second full throttle pull I was drawing only 13.25a.So if you do not over prop the boat the stock ESC should work.

Oh and what cooling jackets do you use with those Ammo motors?
    Scroll down a little and you will see it. http://www.kintecracing.com/Venom_Ki...aves_ZZDN.html
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

I'm so over this piece of work they call a boat, everytime I replace something another something goes wrong..... did they put this thing on the market for us the consumers to be thier crash test dummies? I'm so heated about this thing it's now going on the shelf to point at and tell my friends thats one hunk you need to stay far away from..... I lost a upgrade prop and cable due to a bad coupler only to replace it with a new cable, coupler and $35 buck upgraded prop for it to get lost in the pond about 20 feet off the shoreline... I have something for Venom to Kiss!!!
    OK, You Go First!!!

Default Venom garbage

TUSLOW1, i am also warning all of my friends about the EKOS and VENOM.

HEY VENOM, RECALL RECALL RECALL RECALL!!!!!!!!!! THIS PIECE OF !!!! and maybe save your company.

you should see the thread over at RCU on the kos
    is that King Of
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I really do feel bad for all the loss of people's hard earned cash on this boat
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

But there are many that have had no problems with some of the first out...I think they got some bad motors. Also, not sure they did enough R&D on it. The motors are the same as the china models with water cans around them and just dressed up a bit.

Still like my HOR cat on a single..... but got to build me a twin soon.

It does suck but I think they are trying to fix more than they anticipated.

I love my king of shaves! Ditch the stock motors and spend 100-bucks on a set of feigaos and you are golden! Oh yeah, and buy a set of couplers from Jeff! I would have gladly paid an extra hundred bucks or more for the ekos if I knew it had quality gear in it. Who knew?

I'm so glad I got rid of mine in a trade
    HOR with an 8XL is much better and costs less

Yeah, but you gotta love the sound of a twin brushless cat!

Default My Ammos on Stock ESCs

Thanks again! Both the Feigao 380 10L & 8L work on the stock 60A ESC? :)
    Also these work great with the stock ESCs,plus Octura x 442,Twin Ammo 28-56-2300 Kvs ,etc. :
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hex-dj; 05-03-2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Motors

I was always quick to buy a RTR because some are pretty and they are ok but this boat has spent 99.9% of the time that I've owned it on my shelf and only about 2 minutes in the water, one of those minutes was waiting on it to drift back to shore the first time I put it in the water!!!
    I have 2 new Octura couplers coming in from Steven and yet another $35 Pro prop from my lhs and when the parts come in it will never see the water again, If this bag of money is going to waste my shelf space it will atleast be complete!
    But I would like to thank Venom for teaching me to NEVER buy a RTR again!!!, (well after I buy that China thing that looks like a Aqua-Marine boat, but thats it I swear!)
    My HOTR cat is something I built and I have the most fun with and it didn't break the bank to get it done...
    OK, You Go First!!!

Default Hotr

I keep hearing about HOTR cats,where do they come from.

They come from Hong Kong but you can get 'em on ebay....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/32-fibreglass-ca...item439b832b3c
    OK, You Go First!!!

BTW if you have a few spare days to do nothing but read the HOTR thread has almost 30 pages of info, setups, pictures and videos for you to enjoy and take notes from. I think it's the biggest thread in this forum. Get the hull from them and OSE has the rest of the parts to make it scream out LOUD!!! https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ead.php?t=5487
    OK, You Go First!!!

Default Great info.

Thanks

Is there a Feigao brushless, in the L size, that will give good top speeds and run well on 120A ESC's and 3-4S lipos?

Is there a Feigao brushless, in the L size, that will give good top speeds and run well on 120A ESC's and 3-4S lipos?
    I would stay with the XLs

Thanks Brushless55. XL's it is :)

What are the pros and cons of running the 10xl instead of the 9xl? It looks like they have plenty of the 10xls in stock. I'm running 4s with 442s on the stock ESCs (until they blow that is!!). Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakesurf1 View Post
    What are the pros and cons of running the 10xl instead of the 9xl? It looks like they have plenty of the 10xls in stock. I'm running 4s with 442s on the stock ESCs (until they blow that is!!). Thanks in advance!
    10xl's will probably do really well with the 442's I bet in the low 50's.

Great! Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakesurf1 View Post
    also, they will take 4s much better than the 9XLs

ok so this week I'm ordering from rcraceboat.com now do I really need to run a flex shaft tube won't it sitting in the strut with all the marine grease just be fine...did this with the last shafts and had no problems...its those damn couplers and yes I will me getting those too...if I need the tubes I'll order them from venom but if they don't fit then whats the point then...?

Default Flex shafts.

Here is what I used.Go to your hobby shop and get Sullivan #511 red teflon tube.You might have to buy the kit for $6 but it comes with lots of other stuff you might need down the line.The size is perfect for the HD flex shafts as the stock ones are tight on the new shafts and cause some binding.

I have new stuffing tubes that will go with the newer cables. The stock cables should have more room in them but they don't. The slightly larger cables ARE a little too tight for the older stuffing tubes.

Something I am loading up on the web this evening is wiredrives and couplers for the EKOS. No need to change stuffing tubes and they will run better than cables. No L/R cable crap. 2 wiredrives and two couplers is all. If you like wiredrives then this would be the setup that should rock.

The better couplers are the key to either setup.

Finally got my EKOS on the water today after sticking in some 10XL's and Seaking 120A ESC's. I ran graupner cf-40's and topped out at 70.7 kph ( about 44mph) in not the best conditions. Sure was nice to run the boat with no issues, nothing but smiles. I think I will try some X442's. Big thanks too all on the forum for the help and info, Steven from OSE and Venom for making a sweet looking hull.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast