Thread: King Of Shaves C1 Brushless!

Thanks for the info Bob..
    Would a y535 work?
    Also is a 40mm prop to much running 3s?

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Thanks for the info Bob..
    Would a y535 work?
    Also is a 40mm prop to much running 3s?
    I think a 535 would work fine, but don't forget you need both a LH & RH prop.
    So far NitroVal hasn't burned anything up (on 3s) and he is running the x442's (almost 42mm). He did say that things were too hot for his liking though.

Let us know what you settle on...

Ok, maybe I'll get a pair of CF40s
    L and a R

Got my boat last week. I opend the box and the hatch has a big crack in it , so my lhs called venom and they said they would send me a new one when they get there next shipment (about a months time ) so all is good again.
    So today was ment to be its maiden voyage, but its not to be because i fitted the lipo's for the first time and only one of the motors works. So now im am contemplating taking this boat back for a refund. I never had these problems with any of my other brushless rtr's.
    Being in Australia the boat itself cost me a bit over $600 and a pair of lipo's for it cost another $400 so im just a little pissed that it did'nt even last long enough to do a check to see if everything is working. So i thought i would let you guys know about what has happend with my EKOS.
    Sorry about the rant guys but a $1000 for a static model is a bit F%^ked up.
    PS: I didnt even get the hatch tape or the tool for removing the prop lock nuts in the box.

is the other esc arming, or is one whole side not turning on. chech conections and plug and unplug them and try again

I dont think anyone got the prop nut tool.. I didnt..
    The ESC arming situation is weird- I can only program my ESCs with both batteries hooked up, or I can program the starboard side with one battery hooked up, but I cant armed the port side with one battery hooked up...

I have tried with both batteries connected and with just the one connected and only the one motor reponds.

does the other esc beep

yes mate the esc and motor work pefectly. But nothing at all from the other side wont even emitt a beep to say it is armed

Well love to stay and chat guys but off to the hobby shop to see what my options are.

make sure the receiver wire from the side not working is plugged in the correct way

A shame your shop couldn't swap it out for a whole new boat, seeing as how it's spankin new.

told you it was an esc issue bud

Quote Originally Posted by NitroVal View Post
    I dont think anyone got the prop nut tool.. I didnt..
    I didn't either. Also didn't get an antenna cap, but I had a spare.

The included allen wrench was not the correct size (slightly too small) and didn't work, but I had one that did.

These are all no big deal to me... but the motor failure is a show stopper.

got an update for you guys, My problem turned out to be a dead ESC. So we have sent it back to venom in an overnight bag(express post) so it should be at there door first thing monday, all i can do now is wait and see what happens next.

The ESC Y harness has one of the positive leads cut so the BEC from one ESC is used only. You can trouble shoot an ESC issue by swapping over the leads one at a time and arming them with the lead that is not clipped.
    VENOM RACING R&D

Aha, that explains it..

Quote Originally Posted by Drag Boat Bob View Post
    I didn't either. Also didn't get an antenna cap, but I had a spare.

The included allen wrench was not the correct size (slightly too small) and didn't work, but I had one that did.

These are all no big deal to me... but the motor failure is a show stopper.
    Still on motor yet
    Bob Big

We are currently out of stock. When they arrive in stock one will be shipped directly to you.
    VENOM RACING R&D

Heres a pic of the first float test and she seems to wade water pretty well. I guess I will not need extra flotation after all. I did a crewd weighing of boat and shes porkin' out at about 7lbs

I don't think adding extra flotation would make the boat ride higher, just help keep it from sinking if she flips on her lid..

big bats, looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
    We are currently out of stock. When they arrive in stock one will be shipped directly to you.
    I really thought that I was next in line for a new motor.

Are there others that also need one???

To float it higher, you'd need to displace more water. Putting more "flotation" in the existing hull form would, albeit insignificantly, make it sit lower in the water. However, if it were to fill with water then the internal flotation keeps it from slipping under.

What batteries are those? What other mods you got going on in there NV?

I'm running mine stock on some 3s packs that are too small capacity-wise. Waiting on some bigger packs to show. I really dig this boat!

I sure hope I don't have motor issues with mine!
    looks like I could be out a couple weeks or more of running this boat..
    maybe I'll just sell the stockers and get some NEUs

Chris don't take this the wrong way, but this happens often with all manufacturers, they release a hobby rc rtr product and then don't have the parts to support it. Can you shed some light on why this happens? For example, I bought my kids Team Associated Mini's a couple of Christmas's ago, they both broken that day, and it was a month before Associated released the parts.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

The issue with new releases is its really a crap shoot. You dont want to over-produce something and end up having it flop on the market. Then your stuck with product that doesnt move. Im sure they didnt foresee this motor issue. They probably only have enough motors to put into the production boats.

As for my boat, I guess my fingers were typing a different story from my mind. I was going to add the extra foam in the event that the boat sat too low in the water to prevent it from actually drowning if I did have a catastrophic accident. I was worried I would have to launch the boat at full throttle so it started on plane, but now that I see how well it floats, I'm relived I wont have to. I may still add some expandable foam for added insurance though.
    The batteries are Neu 5s 30c 4100mah packs I bought from a fellow OSE member. The ESCs are Etti Race 150s with cap boards, also bought from a fellow OSE member. For now, the stock motors are gonna be used since they will run right under 60k. When they fry, some Neu units are replacing them

Quote Originally Posted by NitroVal View Post
    The issue with new releases is its really a crap shoot. You dont want to over-produce something and end up having it flop on the market. Then your stuck with product that doesnt move. Im sure they didnt foresee this motor issue. They probably only have enough motors to put into the production boats.

As for my boat, I guess my fingers were typing a different story from my mind. I was going to add the extra foam in the event that the boat sat too low in the water to prevent it from actually drowning if I did have a catastrophic accident. I was worried I would have to launch the boat at full throttle so it started on plane, but now that I see how well it floats, I'm relived I wont have to. I may still add some expandable foam for added insurance though.
    The batteries are Neu 5s 30c 4100mah packs I bought from a fellow OSE member. The ESCs are Etti Race 150s with cap boards, also bought from a fellow OSE member. For now, the stock motors are gonna be used since they will run right under 60k. When they fry, some Neu units are replacing them
    Remember the death of the Wicked Witch of the West?

I think those motors will have the same fate...

Try and get some video if you can... this is going to be good.

Of all the boats we have sold there have been two reported cases of motor failures to my knowledge. The reason our motor vendor has not delivered our motors yet is unclear to me right now but they have had to fill our order for many motors included in the production of this boat and then they have to catch up to the replacement part order.
    The last word I got is that they are on the water so we expect them soon.
    VENOM RACING R&D

VENOM GROUP
    Available October, Venom™ Pro Machined and Cast Aluminum Props for the EKOS
    Designed for those looking to get the most out of their Venom Electric King of Shaves R/C Boat,
    Venom is proud to release their new line of Aluminum Props. For the ultimate setup, the Pro
    Machined props are precision CNC machined in aluminum and then anodized in an attractive red.
    For those on more of a budget but still looking for the strength and durability of an aluminum prop
    the cast aluminum props are a perfect option.

Part # Description *Retail Price
    VEN-1989 Pro Machined Prop 32mm 1.4P RT- EKOS $49.99
    VEN-1990 Pro Machined Prop 32mm 1.4P LT- EKOS $49.99
    VEN-1991 Pro Machined Prop 36mm 1.4P RT- EKOS $49.99
    VEN-1992 Pro Machined Prop 36mm 1.4P LT- EKOS $49.99
    VEN-1993 Alum Prop 32mm 1.4P RT - EKOS $21.99
    VEN-1994 Alum Prop 32mm 1.4P LT - EKOS $21.99
    VEN-1995 Alum Prop 36mm 1.4P RT - EKOS $21.99
    VEN-1996 Alum Prop 36mm 1.4P LT - EKOS $21.99

*Note: Retail Prices are for US Customers Only
    Venom products can be found at hobby shops throughout the U.S. and over forty-five countries worldwide.
    For more information, visit Venom online at: www.venom-group.com.
    For more information contact Venom directly at 800-705-0620 or email us at sales@venom-group.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    VENOM RACING R&D

You guys really have a winner here. But those prices are a lil' steep, don't you think?
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast