Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: King Of Shaves C1 Brushless!

I feel your pain mate. Took mine for a run last weekend & lost a flex shaft in 4m of water. This has been the most expensive rc i have ever had with the least amount of run time & to top it off 1 of my Turnigy packs has puffed up after 2 uses & H/K won't replace it. I have sent them pics & the postal service won't take it because it could blow up, so i don't get any help off them because they want it back.

guess i need to reprogram my kos for 3s, have it set for 2s nows...but im hard of hearing and cant hear this sucker beep beep, my hobby shop guys had trouble hearing it too, im gonna be running 32mm props....should be interesting

What motors are you running?
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

stock motors for now, thinking of running fiego later....dont mess with it??? guy that programmed esc again had issue hearing the left esc during program....kinda has me spooked because when i purchaced the boat used the left engine was falling off line during bench tests .......lost program somehow but is online again now and set for 2s for 4 total

I was just curious. The feiagos are good in these. I'm running 9xls in my saga hull.

Leopard or Tacon 4 pole motors would be nicer than Feigao's in this. They have nice ones in 28mm x 60mm.

I have a pair of 5050 kv's for a Drifter S build. They also have 2550 kv @ hobbypartz.com either are about $46 each on sale. 1200 watts each. Check Feigao specs for their 380xl motors, 1/2 the watts or so only....
    Nortavlag Bulc

Feigao:

This 380xl Sized Feigao Motor is 67mm in Length.
    Motor Specs:
    4-8 NiMH or 2s to 3s Lipo cells in a Mini monos or Mini hydros in the 17-22" or so range.
    440 Watts Maximum with proper cooling.
    27.6mm dia x 67mm long
    1/8" OutPut Shaft
    7.2 Ounces
    Aluminum Purple Anodized Casing
    2-Pole Neo Magnets & Compressed Windings
    Motor mount screw spacing is both 16mm and 19mm.
    3mm motor mounting screws.
    OSE recommended rpm range of 17,000 to 35,000

Leopard:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

hows the saga perform with that set up?

been looking at the leapords for all my fleet, but the fiegos seem to be all i want to push thru this hull, dont wanna blw her over just yet, what do think of the 32mm props? what kind of speeds on stock with 2s for 4 total

ray schrauwen those spec for the leopard you posted are for a 5050Kv motor? thats way too much dont you think?

I just want a twin to run good and have some decent run times, if i wanna make fast blasts ...i'll run the genesis....now thats a fun boat to play with :)

Quote Originally Posted by dano1 View Post
    hows the saga perform with that set up?
    Runs great. I can run 3S or 4S and i dont have any problems.

what type of speeds ya getting?

9xl's/11.1v lipo/40mm = 46 MPH
    9xl's/14.8v lipo/40mm = 62 MPH

Im wanting to get a genesis hull at some point.

This kos has the kentic rudder and newer adjustable prop stingers installed, waiting on the prop shaft collars to keep the props on in case of a collar backing off....if thats what there called...lol

dang.....those r good runs, handles good at high speeds? I havent got to run mine yet....weather sucking big time here but getting warmer days so far, melting the snow pretty good, ive changed so much around last few weeks im ready to bonzi

Yes they handle pretty well. Mines setup for pretty much straight line speed. The rudders trimmed down. Ive also got my radio setup a bit different. Im running a 2 stick controller from one of my helis. Ive got 2 separate throttles one on each stick representing each side of the boat. I can flip a switch and tie both throttles to one stick (on the left or right depending on what switch is flipped). I have another setting where the individual throttles are tied to the rudder movement too. So if your turning one motor speeds up and the other slows down depending on what direction your turning making it turn a little sharper too.

Quote Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
    ray schrauwen those spec for the leopard you posted are for a 5050Kv motor? thats way too much dont you think?
    What is way too much? The Kv, the watts???

When I build & run this it will just be 2S per motor. I opted for higher Kv, lower voltage because of the smaller size of hull. I didn't want to pack it in like sardines.

I'll build a bigger twin with bigger motors etc...
    Nortavlag Bulc

I just thought 5050kv would be too much. I didn't know you were going to run less voltage. But even at 7.4v on 5050kv that's over 37k rpm. Do the motors make enough torque at that kv & voltage to do it?
    I'm not saying your wrong. I'm just curious. Would be cool to see once your done and tell us how it ran. Maybe even a video that would be sweet. And I'll admit I'm always learning everyday :)
    I wish everyone success in all their endeavors.

I figure it's a small hull and twin drive. Should be no problem. I'll use 120 amp esc's and 36mm Venom props. Hopefully it stays together, lol...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I figure it's a small hull and twin drive. Should be no problem. I'll use 120 amp esc's and 36mm Venom props. Hopefully it stays together, lol...
    The Tacon 2550 at 1300W looks like a good replacement for my 380 8XL on 3s with Octura X442s or do you think that the Leopard 2550 or 2900 would be a better motor choice.Also would my XL can coolers slip right on either brand.

Cool

Hiya Guys

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted anything on the board and I just read all 19 pages of this thread, boy was that a chore, ggggeeeesddhhh ... any and all Factory kos parts are all but Obsolete and when you do find one or two their outrageously expensive these days. With that being said I've always wanted a kos since I first drooled all over one at my local HobbyTown when they first came out.

Luckily someone here on the board had one for sale a couple of months ago so I jumped on it even though it needed a hatch but it turns out that someone else sure on the board had a new hatch from a Seagad so I jumped on that and 4 5000mah 50c lipos to get this beauty started.

I'm not looking to turn this into a hot rod even though this one is practically bone stock with the exception that it has the upgraded clamp style motor mounts and the upgraded 2850kv mills in it w/ the 60a esc's that are rebranded Tutnogu Seakings . If I have any problems with the motors later I'll swap them out for some Tacon's or Leopards from hobbypartz since they apparently quit making the Fiegao's & the ammo's from Tower Hobbies have gotten stupid expensive. I also plan on putting some wheel callers on the flex shafts so I don't lose either one of them but if Jeff is still making them or has some I'll order some spare Flex shafts and a couple collet's from him. The radio I plugged into this boat is my airtronics MX sport but I don't plan on using this as a frequent Runner but more of an occasional sport boat on X442 or CF-40 props just for fun and I thought I'd show it off cause their damn purdy' ...
    Last edited by gsbuickman; 04-10-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Hi, long time no see!
    I have the generation1, I like the hull alot but the G1 motors are two pole and heat is an issue. I was careful not to burn them.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by gsbuickman View Post
    Hiya Guys

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted anything on the board and I just read all 19 pages of this thread, boy was that a chore, ggggeeeesddhhh ... any and all Factory kos parts are all but Obsolete and when you do find one or two their outrageously expensive these days. With that being said I've always wanted a kos since I first drooled all over one at my local HobbyTown when they first came out.

Luckily someone here on the board had one for sale a couple of months ago so I jumped on it even though it needed a hatch but it turns out that someone else sure on the board had a new hatch from a Seagad so I jumped on that and 4 5000mah 50c lipos to get this beauty started.

I'm not looking to turn this into a hot rod even though this one is practically bone stock with the exception that it has the upgraded clamp style motor mounts and the upgraded 2850kv mills in it w/ the 60a esc's that are rebranded Tutnogu Seakings . If I have any problems with the motors later I'll swap them out for some Tacon's or Leopards from hobbypartz since they apparently quit making the Fiegao's & the ammo's from Tower Hobbies have gotten stupid expensive. I also plan on putting some wheel callers on the flex shafts so I don't lose either one of them but if Jeff is still making them or has some I'll order some spare Flex shafts and a couple collet's from him. The radio I plugged into this boat is my airtronics MX sport but I don't plan on using this as a frequent Runner but more of an occasional sport boat on X442 or CF-40 props just for fun and I thought I'd show it off cause their damn purdy' ...
    Most of the items that break are replaceable. Motor, esc, couplers and flex cables. Offshore Electrics has them.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Hi, long time no see!
    I have the generation1, I like the hull alot but the G1 motors are two pole and heat is an issue. I was careful not to burn them.
    Afternoon Tim . Boy, it has been a while hasn't it? :) .
    I didn't realize the cheap water cooled first gen Motors these first came with were only 2 pole Motors, no wonder they had overheating issues besides the fact that they had problems with the O-rings getting pinched on the cooling sleeves causing some of them to overheat. I haven't bothered to pull up the specs or any info on the second generation OutRunner Motors they put out which are the motors in this ekos, so idk how many poles they are or how good they may or may not be and how well they perform compared to the first gen Motors. Either way I'm not hardcore into boats anymore but I still like to dabble with them on occasion and if I have any problem with these Mills there easily replaceable later. At the moment this is the only running boat I have but I'm currently looking at picking up another Traxxas Villain IV Chaparrel , it seems I can't leave those damn things alone and they're a hoot to run with some nice props and Motors in them ...

Cool

Hiya Guys

I ordered a package of 10 4mm wheel collet's & I installed 2 of them in my ekos to save the flex-shafts if one or both couplers come loose.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-Metal-F...72.m2749.l2649

I'm a upgrade it further with flex collets but for now I need to order some props. I'm thinking 442's and / or CF-40's

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819