Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: King Of Shaves C1 Brushless!

Default King Of Shaves C1 Brushless!

Anyone know any more info on this boat, Video's, links ect.

Looks very sweet, Im not a Cat fan but Id probably go buy this bad boy!

So does Venom have this thing setup for (2) 11.1v lipo's in Par.?
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

it does look awersome, however i have had plenty of issues with some of Venoms other stuff, that s not to say this boat wont be brilliant, it just might kick arse. They have got a platform of plenty on other great RTR boats out there to "learn from" i look forward to the reviews

THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

Anyone ordered one yet?

I saw the big version and it was well finished and sweet looking, if they transferred that quality to the 34" one it should be a keeper...
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

has anyone heard anything abot a possible release date for this boat?

Default king of shaves brushless

my buddy runs a hobby store here in toronto and he said he has 2 on order which will be arriving next week.

another buddy of mine is buying one of the 2 coming in so i will see how it looks before i consider buying one.

i know if i do buy one the first thing ill be doing is tossing the cheap plastic props in the garbage and buying some octura props. should give it more top end for sure. venom claims mid 40s for top speed on 6s but i think you will get much more running some decent sharpened and balanced props.

These Venom KOS Electrics are for sale now on Ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/King-of-Shaves-C...%3A1|294%3A100

It's Fine Design,,,,better make sure he has them in stock,,sometimes his stock status is less than accurate.

doby, ain t that the truth.... (not that they sell the KOS 34) but i d trust hobby city before i d deal with fdm...

always had good experience here buying from OSE... will you carry these steve ??

The boat looks really interesting.. specially with the twin brushless, I can only imagine how it'll sound :)

I was downloading the PDF manual from the site. Did anyone notice that you use the transmitter to program the ESC ?, I'd like to find out if there is another way, otherwise you'd be stuck with the included radio...

Please, those guys running these post your vids!

Cool

Did anyone notice that you use the transmitter to program the ESC ?, I'd like to find out if there is another way, otherwise you'd be stuck with the included radio...
    No, the ESC is programmed just like any other using the transmitter - any transmitter. Tedious but workable. You can use any radio you want, but FM or 2.4 is prerferred on any serious FE model. Actually the included radio doesn't look too bad for an FM system.

I just looked at the manual again and you're totally right, you use the throttle to set the type of Lipo.
    Interesting thing I noticed, it says the boat comes with a 4 channel receiver.. I'm fairly new to boats here so bear with me... does that mean that a 3 channel receiver would not work then? I'd be nice to upgrade this boat to 2.4Ghz

We seriously need some video of this boat, no one has one yet

makes you wonder why Venom hasnt released one yet,considering they've been pluggin the boat for months.......

The guy at the LHS went to an expo last week and got a look at the boat, he said it was very nice. Much better fit and finish than the gas boat. He said he will be able to order in two weeks. My name will be on one!

I ran across this, posted by venom on june 30th on another forum (RCU):

"Working on it. To be honest we had a little mishap with two boats and it delayed our video presentation...lol The camera is in Davey Jones Locker if you catch my drift. We will have vids posted for sure pretty soon. "

ok that can only mean 2 things they crashed the boat or killed the camera.... smart @sses
    snort pixi sticks=symptoms-:

Seriously, what is the deal with this boat?? I've had $500 burning a hole in my pocket for two months now, and Im about ready to spend it on something else..

Mine is on order, the guy at the LHS happens to be friends with the president of Venom, so he made a call for me. I should know by the end of the week when it will get here.

well,if and when you get your boat,let us know how it performs.the suspense is killing us....

I will for sure

Default kos c1

spoke to guys at venom last week they said they were to expect there order to them to be arriving on 8/10...so they should be shipping out soon after that...

Well I finally preordered mine. I was planning on just waiting, but now that they bumped the release date back AGAIN, I figured I'd just prepay for it before I spend the money on something else.. Now im just ancy to recieve it. I've already ordered some 6S batteries and been looking at props and some 240A ESCs

might wanna cancel that order for 6s packs- you cant use them- you need 2 3 cells. there is 2 different esc's one for each motor- one 3s per side. you could possible use 4s packs for each side. it uses the same 2881 kv motor that my head of the river df copy boat has. i run it on 4s and its blazing quick. but definately not 6 cells theres no way.

Why not? The website says the Pro Marine 60A will handle 2-6 cells

because it will blow within 5 seconds on 44.4 volts, dont believe me try it...

Quote Originally Posted by NitroVal View Post
    Why not? The website says the Pro Marine 60A will handle 2-6 cells
    Just because its rated for 6S,,doesn't mean it can take 6S,,,Hydras are a classic example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Just because its rated for 6S,,doesn't mean it can take 6S,,,Hydras are a classic example of that.
    Call me crazy, but that dont make any freaking sense. Why rate it at 6S then? I hope Venom has good customer service, because you better believe when I get the itch for more speed, Im gonne try it out

Never said it made sense, but try one out on 6S and find out

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast