Thread: First Video of my boat FF

Default First Video of my boat FF

Not bad for first time video. Will try to follow the boat better next time. I would love to see how much fuster she will go on X642....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfpqdsTSASE

good video.what kind of runtimes are you getting out of those lipos?

I will get up to 5 min, full throtle 75% at the time, not bad. I have 2 sets of them so double this time. Not sure what will I get out of them with X642 prop.
    Last edited by LiPo Power; 06-15-2009 at 11:20 PM.

just wondering if you have had any issues with the ESC after programming for the lipos,and have you ran nihm's first before trying the lipos?

No, never had to run NiHM and I got my boat purchased with the programmer so I did the swich to LiPo right away. Did not have any issues with ESC yet. Me and John with his two friends went to the pond Sunday and I was able to check the speed with Johns GPS inside of the boat. First run we had 31.2 MPH and second run we had 32.4 MpH on my boat. I am happy but like they say, there is never enough!!!! I would like to do this again with this guys when I will get my new x642 prop. It shoud be faster. BDW, motor and ESC temps are low. John told me I have no worries when upsizing prop for sure. It a great boat but fare behind these guys boats :-(

Ooo, I was not able to get 12-15 min out of this batteries. Pond was ferly big and full throtle most of the times so we are down to 8-12 minutes per charge. Need more LiPo's !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    No, never had to run NiHM and I got my boat purchased with the programmer so I did the swich to LiPo right away. Did not have any issues with ESC yet. Me and John with his two friends went to the pond Sunday and I was able to check the speed with Johns GPS inside of the boat. First run we had 31.2 MPH and second run we had 32.4 MpH on my boat. I am happy but like they say, there is never enough!!!! I would like to do this again with this guys when I will get my new x642 prop. It shoud be faster. BDW, motor and ESC temps are low. John told me I have no worries when upsizing prop for sure. It a great boat but fare behind these guys boats :-(
    It might be a bit slower (for now) but with some trimming, propping and LiPo movement, it should run easily with our 38Mph SV's.....but one very positive thing was that his Fasteck was the only boat to not spend time on its back, sunning itself

It a very stable boat.

sounds like you have a good combination.31mph is good for that boat.RCBoat modeler mag did a test on the Fastech in their final issue and they GPS's it at 31 mph as well.keep us up to date on your mods.im still deciding between the brushless and nitro versions......decisions,decisions........

Doby is right. My boat was too flat all the time. We have made adjustments to the angle of the prop but nose is still too heavy. I will make corrections to how the LiPos are sitting inside and by then maybe my prop will arrive and we will have to hit the pond again with GPS in it....

sounds good.where did u purchase the boat from?

great vids,boat is workin good

Thanks Doby!!!! I was just going to say that out of 250 pictures there is "0" with my boat on it. Good think there is 2 videos!!!

has anyone tried a CF45 or a CF48 on these boats?