Thread: New Apache, what mods??

Default New Apache, what mods??

Ok, I know this isn't the platform to really build a screamer out of, but I bought it for my 3 yr old so he's not toting my higher $ boats around the house and he'll have something to learn with. This is HIS boat, but you guys know how it is, I have to at least put a better prop on it and make it as fast as it can be stock. What are the recommendations??? BTW, it won't hurt my feelings if we burn up the stock components, so I won't mind being a little over-propped. Can the stock electronics handle 8.4v's Thanks!!
    Tom

irun the stock esc with 14.4 volts and a traxxas villian ex motor . i run an octura y534 purple plastic prop. it runs about 30 mph with this setup its awesome. all u need is the villian ex motor wich costs 17 bucks.

WHere do you put the 2 batteries? I can't say I've seen a purple plastic prop, but I'll search. I was also thinking about a CF40.
    Tom

Hi try a carbon fiber 40 i ran mine with that and it was faster... But i also have a flex shaft unit in mine but it should still give the stock set up some more pep.
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

i gutted the hul(took out the plastic pan) and put them in Each side

I use an Octura x435 prop on my Apache. It's about the same size as the stock prop, I just got tired of breaking plastic props. I can't say what kinds of gains you're going to see out of that prop with a stock setup as I didn't change the prop until after I made the LiPo conversion.