Thread: What other RC do you guys run?

Default What other RC do you guys run?

Besides boat/cats, i got tanks. I had a heli, a Traxxas Revo nitro truck, a Traxxas nitro 4tech ran 65mph. Sold them, and got into FE boats.

There is RC other than boats?
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I used to own an Unlimited Engineering Supermaxx and a hopped up T-Maxx. Currently I have a Caster K8T Pro Truggy with a Ninja .21, an X1CR Pro buggy with a Picco .21, a Yokomo MR4BD touring car with a Losi Xcelorin 6.5t brushless setup and a Traxxas Nitro Rustler.

I only own 1 boat at the moment which is a Blackjack Brushless but I'm really liking, tempted to buy another boat :S

I do some boats.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And some more toys.

Float planes!
    Awesome

I have a few as I'm just getting into boats. Sorry 6 pic limit.

Mugen MTX4R - O.S.12 TZ Speed

TC5F - Mamba Max 5700Kv on 2S lipo

3.3 Revo - RB Mods O.S. 18 TZ

RC8 - O.S. 21 V spec

2 pics of my 76.7mph E-Revo, a pic of my Stampede and my boy, and two 16thRevos on order. And video of my fastest speed run on 6s. It did 67 on 4s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuhyL1srmVE

I am first on the waiting list for the 1/16th revo at my hobby shop. When he gets it in ill be driving down to pick it up. Word on the street is the revos have shipped but not the slashes. I also have had a huge fleet of helicopters that is now down to just one trex 600esp. Have a flying wing, Combat wing, thats brushless.

As for me planes, helis, rc 18b and r rc surfer, and 3 gas boats......and thats too much............but i think 1/16 revo is in the mix also.............
    Hawaiian Tunda

Captain Crash, I am duly impressed....love the sailboats etc.

Douggie

For Team Associated I run a monster gt .21, mini mgt and RC18MT. Heli's I have a Honey bee 2 and a honey bee CP. Airplanes are Sig fourstar 40, typhoon 2 3d, flat out 3d and a micro parkzone cessna 210. I also fly real planes too
    And 4 fe boats. 1 lil swamp buggy that I need to build still.

Electric Heli's for me.
    Team Liquid Dash

Hey Cap'n,
    Beautiful fleet. I especially like the Tug (Belinda). Also, can you please tell me more about the tall ship you have. I'm impressed.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Hey Cap'n,
    Beautiful fleet. I especially like the Tug (Belinda). Also, can you please tell me more about the tall ship you have. I'm impressed.
    thanks guys...the tall ship is a 1:24 of an 1812 American Privateer. Here's the link to my site about the actual ship and the model I built of her: http://www.orgsites.com/al/americanprivateer/

I have a few things lying around in the basement. 9 road vehicles, 5 boats, 4 heli's, 1 plane and 1 hovercraft. My black jack 55 was in the states being repaired so it didn't make the group shot, but I do have two of them now.
    HK Genesis, DF Vortex, Baja 5T, Lazer ZX-5 sp, XXX, 8T, P51-D Mustang Shangrila, GP Giant P51-D Mustang, Blade 400 3D, with way too many more to list.

well i do everything 3 rc boats all sv27 3 helicopters trex 450 furion 450 and trex 500 have 3 rc cars raze 1/8 scale hoped up brushless rustler asc B44 for racing and 7 diff airplanes all electric my favorite is my spitfire 90 running on 10s couple park flyer jets synaps and prolly the best flyer of them all is my reactor biplane :)

I have a bunch of airplanes - mostly scratch built. My two favorites are a BV-141 and an OV-10a Bronco. Both planes are have wing spans right around 52 to 54 inches.

But - boats are now my main toys.
    Last edited by cyberhoops; 05-22-2009 at 06:53 PM.
    Jim Stephens
    Puget Sound Fast Electric Boat Club

Default What othe R/C do you Run

Here are mine
    34" Ekos Cat UL-1 Powered

Default What other R/C do you run

Here are some more

Norm, Please tell me about that Frigate of yours. How long is she?
    I can't find her either, I tried:

USS McINERNEY FFG-8
    USS MACDONOUGH DDG39 (DLG-8)
    USS STEELE DE-8
    USS DUBUQUE LPD-8

Maybe she's not a US warship??

Default What other R/C do you run

Hi Diego. The Frigate is a Brooke class Anti Submarine Frigate. Mine is numbered
    wrong because they only made 6 and I didn't want to copy the original numbers 1-6.
    Anyway she is a kit from a company called Bad Ship Models and is plank on frame.
    It is a US Warship. They also have Destroyers ( Arleigh Burke Class) and Ticonderoga Class Frigates. I have to tell you they are a pain in the butt to build. Mine is powered by a Graupner 700 BB Turbo and drives a 6 bladed prop and is
    pretty fast. She is 52" long by 5 1/2" beam. Attached photo. Regards
    Norman

I'm actually brand new to boating, but definetely not to R/C.

I have two brushless powered cars, heavily modified. One runs 75 mph, the other is used for racing in stock classes as well as bashing. I also have a nitro monster truck from assciated, and I plan to get into the smaller scales (i.e. Losi Micro T) for basement running.

I also have a Hobbico Sky Fly which I suck at flying, and I would like to try helis some day

Got to try it all! I love R/C!

-Mike.

3905 Brushless Emaxx, Nitro Revo

I have a revo and a jato with a nice littla area to work on them

R/C Truck & Tractor Pulling

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

I have my Blackjack 26 BL and a brushless E-revo,blade mcx, Losi micro DT,and a pro boat mini c. BTW nice to meet you all. I'm new to the forum.

-BLACKJACK MAN

Well i dont run much else besides boats....

but i do have this home-build airplane.....its kind of a project me and my friend are working on.....he got this plane from his neighbor...the engine on it (looked like a little .2-.3 nitro) was seized up and in pretty bad shape....so i took my GMS .40 and installed it on there...it fits perfectly, but i think it might be a little too powerful for the plane (the prop almost hits the floor as it is.....and i think it might even be underpropped too....it used to be on an airboat, so the props it normally runs would make it bog down too much because of the weight it had to pull around)..... (it must be old too...the radio that came with it was 15 years old o_O )

its close to being in running condition....i just need a charger for the reciver and Tx batts....not to mention new batts too....i doubt that those old ones are very good anymore....ill stick with the old radio system for now...as long as it still works, it should be good....that as well as some small things like the rubber bands to hold on the wing, some CA to attach the rudder and elevator back on (its got hinges CA'd into the rear wing, but its rotted out and can be pulled out quite easily)....just a quick trip to the hobby shop really

oh yeah, and i had an airboat too...well i used to anyway.....it ran well but after after a few crashes the hull started to fall apart....

i could only run it on land too.....it was way to unstable for water, it would always spin out....i adjusted the rudder, messed with motor angle and everything...i even took out the air rudder and put in a water rudder...still spun out....the motor would pull the rear end up in turns and cause it to spin...even with it angled down it did this....

theres also my friends T-Maxx i worked on ...used that for a few weeks...does that count?

Btw, on the airboat....that block taped to the front are lead weights.....and that block of wood in the back....that was for routing the cable for the water rudder (which you can still see the mount for.....)....i think i left it on there to add weight....it was way too light as it was....it may look heavy, but that hull is made out of just foam covered with fiberglass...it was meant to run with a smaller motor, so the .40 was overkill.....
    saleens7, the wookie of rc boating

A pile of balsa boats that most of you guys know about.
    Then there is my other toy for now.
    Txt-1 based crawler. All mods done on my bench
    My growing rockery.
    See it....find the photos.....sketch it it....build it........with wood

I've got an RC hobby that very few of you if any indulge in. Yes, more Nieche (sp) than Fast eLECTRIC bOATING...oops...

RC motorcycles. Thunder Tiger TTFM-1e and the New Venom GPV. They are 1/5 scale and 1/8th scale respectively.