Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Running a Micro? => Less than 16"

I figured I'd bring this one back up.

We may need a new definition for micro:

http://www.christians-raceboats.de/download/mrigger.wmv

WOW THAT IS SMALL!!!
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

wow, now that is truly micro

I didn't know "Oh, Oh" was German for my prop fell off lol. I can't believe how small that was. I guess mine won't qualify now.

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    WOW THAT IS SMALL!!!
    not to be immature but THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!

ive got a renegade rigger, a minicat velocity mono and a bby micro scat cat. the monoand the cat run around 35mph and i havent tested the renegade yet

the velocity mono is stock also a little bit over 16 in but i figured id throw it in.....

Length Overall: 450mm (17.7 in)
    Beam: 124mm (4.88 in)
    Weight: 18.3oz (not including receiver and battery)
    Hull - Epoxy resin/Fiberglass Hull
    Power - Water cooled B24 x 45L Brushless Motor
    ESC - Water cooled 30A with BEC
    Prop - 2 Blade Carbon filled
    Boat Stand - Plywood
    Strut - Aluminum and Stainless Steel
    Rudder - CNC machined, anodized aluminum and stainless steel
    Flexshaft Drive System - Stainless Steel and Brass
    Turn fins (2) - CNC machined, anodized Aluminum
    Ultra plug installed on ESC with mating plug included
    Hatch seal tape included
    Servo -18g
    Speed: 30-40mph
    and im running a 1550mah 3s 20c rhino lipo

the renegade is the reccommended setup with a 1330mah turnigy lipo

the micro scat cat

esc- custom watercooled 40A mystery
    Motor- feigao 380 11s
    prop- stock minicat racing velocity mono prop
    hardware is my own custom made stuff out of brass
    running 2 1250mah rhino 20c 2s lipo`s in parallel

pics of the cat?

I have a mini cat hydro. It has a castle creations 4600kv motor and is set up for
    4s. the motor is almost as big as the boat lol. carbon props just blow up after a couple runs so when the water is soft again I will try a metal one. how fast, to fast but it turns. when you pin it it will jump out of the water and land about 15 feet away. I will try to find the youtube fid
    Old guy

Could you share a link and specs for the Turnigy lipo? Thanks! I'm always interested to see what lipos others have been using in their small models.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I have a mini cat hydro. It has a castle creations 4600kv motor and is set up for
    4s. the motor is almost as big as the boat lol. carbon props just blow up after a couple runs so when the water is soft again I will try a metal one. how fast, to fast but it turns. when you pin it it will jump out of the water and land about 15 feet away. I will try to find the youtube fid
    Old guy
    with a 4600kv motor, it surely isnt a 4s boat!

not sure if this will work. this was the vid he had on ebay were I got it from. this video you will see it go, I put a little bigger prop on it and on glass water it was way faster
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVXLh...eature=channel
    old guy

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    not sure if this will work. this was the vid he had on ebay were I got it from. this video you will see it go, I put a little bigger prop on it and on glass water it was way faster
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVXLh...eature=channel
    old guy
    Something hear does'nt add up;-)

Quote Originally Posted by hydromaddicted View Post
    Something hear does'nt add up;-)
    Not wise but doable.
    I have a 22" tub rigger that has a 7S-5070kv can that I once fed with 3S to the 432 prop for low to mid 40krpm at the prop

What is being suggested above is good for low 50krpm at the prop and there is no surprise that he blows carbons at those rpm. I blow them at 40odd krpm. Given they are suggested for up to 25krpm then we are all having fun.

Some guys use high rpm for speed and some go for prop dia. I like rpm. It sounds nice.

If the you-tube vid will ever load then I may get to see his boat doing its thing, for now I believe him.
    See it....find the photos.....sketch it it....build it........with wood

Quote Originally Posted by Simon.O. View Post
    hem at 40odd krpm. Given they are suggested for up to 25krpm then we are all having fun.
    Some guys use high rpm for speed and some go for prop dia. I like rpm. It sounds nice.
    I like RPM as well Simon, actually, I like a happy medium between the high rpm and a decent size prop... I am still experimenting with it to find the happy medium.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    I like RPM as well Simon, actually, I like a happy medium between the high rpm and a decent size prop... I am still experimenting with it to find the happy medium.
    This is about to go off the original topic and may need a new thread. Non GPS tuning methods There ya go Jan, you can start that one !!
    I do a lot of my tuning by eye, ear and finger, ( cooling )
    If it sounds like it is screaming, I smile and feed in more prop and watch.
    See it....find the photos.....sketch it it....build it........with wood

I was merely agreeing w/ Simon but I can see where how can stray, sorry everyone.. back to topic...
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

These are the micros I have.

MHZ Gecko,13 1/3in long
    has been ran with 7.2 Nimh packs, but mostly 9.9v A123 1100mah. On 11.1v 1300mah 22c is like a rocket. Motors have been stock Black Race Viper, 3800kv Emp brushless and currently 480 Mig brushed (just for the winter months to run on the creek) 2.4 Tactic radio, Running Gear is all MHZ stock, original flex cable replace with 2mm shaft which freed up this boat immensly.

Minicat Racing Micro Hydro
    All stock though current motor is 3800 Emp brushless w/25a Scorpion ESC w/pistix. Battery is 11.1V 1300mah 22c Desirepower lipo.

Very cool damfurst. What props are you running? If you don't know, at least measure the diameter so that others can benefit of knowing what setup works for you. Any pictures?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon.O. View Post
    Not wise but doable.
    I have a 22" tub rigger that has a 7S-5070kv can that I once fed with 3S to the 432 prop for low to mid 40krpm at the prop

What is being suggested above is good for low 50krpm at the prop and there is no surprise that he blows carbons at those rpm. I blow them at 40odd krpm. Given they are suggested for up to 25krpm then we are all having fun.

If the you-tube vid will ever load then I may get to see his boat doing its thing, for now I believe him.
    I was just trying to say it sure does'nt sound like 50-60 thousand r's in that video

This is what a 60,000 rpm set up in a micro sounds like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSsgCotkXsU

Bad link, "http://http" should be just one.

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSsgCotkXsU

I need something that can fit my 2s 3600mah lipo and turnigy built in watercooled 3600kv. Would prefer a hydro or cat. I had 2 hulls before and was not satisfied with the severly warped hatch and the one I just got in the mail is too small and can't fit them in.

Ken

what is the physical size of the 3600mah battery? You may be asking for a lot to find a boat to carry that and still perform!

Quote Originally Posted by boater76 View Post
    I need something that can fit my 2s 3600mah lipo and turnigy built in watercooled 3600kv. Would prefer a hydro or cat. I had 2 hulls before and was not satisfied with the severly warped hatch and the one I just got in the mail is too small and can't fit them in.

Ken
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Can you provide dimensions of the lipo, motor and the ESC you're planning on using?

It looks like you have some good components to get you started. The motor mount you are referring to is sold here on OSE: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=ose-80100

If you take into consideration that:

• your lipo measures roughly 5.5"
    • your ESC measures roughly 2"
    • your motor measures roughly 3"

Then you're talking about a model that has to have 10.5" worth of space up to 13-14" when you consider the receiver, stuffing tube, etc., without having to cram components in. This means that you'd probably be in the 17-18" model range in order to fit this configuration and allow for COG (Center of Gravity) adjustments.

My concern is, with your lipo being 2s or have a nominal voltage of 7.4V and the motor being 3600 KV, you are looking at 26,640 RPMs before considering loss due to driveline, slip, etc. Many of us are running RPMs more in the 33k to 36k range for sport boating.

You have a few options when you add all of this up. With the lower RPM, you could run a larger prop to make up the difference. Of course this will result in a larger amp draw which shouldn't be an issue for the lipo, but could be for the motor and the ESC.

Another option you have is you could pickup a 3s lipo at 11.1V. This would result in a high RPM, but would allow for smaller prop and result in less torque roll.

Regarding a hull for this exact setup, a good option might be a mini Sea Drifter at just under 18". You can see a picture here. This one is mine, but I might entertain letting it go. I don't know what your budget is and I don't remember seeing your goals for this build. This specific model is a little taller and your lipo may fit sitting sideways in the front.

Anyway, just a few ideas if you are intent on using the equipment you already have. Here's a link to one of these new, along with a video.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    Very cool damfurst. What props are you running? If you don't know, at least measure the diameter so that others can benefit of knowing what setup works for you. Any pictures?

Thanks.
    On the Gecko I have ran Graupner 4mm 30mmD 2 & 3 blade. Right now it has a 29mm 2 blade. Here is a couple of vids of it one with the brushless & one of the 480 brushed on the creek
    http://rcuvideos.com/video/MHZ-Gecko-Zebra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4BcZ8vUJEU

Pics

The Micro Hydro has had a 32mm, with a 27mm currently with the 3800kv.

Here is the only vid of it in stock setup.http://rcuvideos.com/video/Micro-Hyd...nShock-Mini-Ca

Hay fellas this may not qualify but i have a 17'' pickle fork hydro i got used, im trying to put back together, hull is plastic has a 4200 or 4800kv motor not sure wich one,will be using a 30amp esc i think and it came with a plastic prop and two octura x427 props. gotta put everything back together, hulls in two halfs. O will run on a 3s lipo, i think,,,

I now have a micro rigger ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    aahhh looks cool, where did you get it,how much, how does it run,any pics of the inside lets see please....

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    LMAO!!!

I was just admiring this pic in your avatar in another thread. Then I find it here! There's something suspicious about those numbers on top

Hilarious and caught me off guard. So, I can I buy one of these micros at the street vendor over by the Loch?

OK, I'm bringing this thread back up.

Share what you have in micro size or close to it!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast