Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Running a Micro? => Less than 16"

Arrow Who's Running a Micro? => Less than 16"

Who's running a Micro => Less than 16"

Tell us what you have, what setup works best including props used, and what speeds your able to achieve! Also describe how it handles in various water conditions.

IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Im quite curious as well. I really like the minis made my Minicatracing just unsure of getting something so small. Debating either one of those or trying to find a used vac-u-pickle or DF hydro.

SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Please LMK if that strut has any Vert adj
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I've been looking at that for quite some time. Can't wait to see what you can do with it!
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

That looks to be a pretty nice little setup. And im sure with this boat being so small you really save alot on electronics as well. What do you plan to use for a motor mount and whats your power plant gonna be? So far Im thinking of following your footsteps.

I have one of the struts I would have to measure it but there is not a lot of adjustment available. It is like .187 to .25 max

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Please LMK if that strut has any Vert adj
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

After recent testing at the pond in some of the smaller stuff, I recommend trying a 380L Yes it's overkill, but on my Oberto and with Diego's Warrior, it's ridiculous! And lots of fun too!

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    I have one of the struts I would have to measure it but there is not a lot of adjustment available. It is like .187 to .25 max
    Jim I havnt seen the strut close up but it seems you could dremel the strut to adjust farther if need be

Quote Originally Posted by ride1226 View Post
    That looks to be a pretty nice little setup. And im sure with this boat being so small you really save alot on electronics as well. What do you plan to use for a motor mount and whats your power plant gonna be? So far Im thinking of following your footsteps.

ride
    I ordered this mount and plan on running a 380l with a hextronix 120 or one of those 60amp seaking esc's on 3s

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=tfl-502b12

I think there ia a little more you could open up the hole but it seemed ok as long as you could mount the bracket near the bottom which is easy in most boats. It would also be easy to make a different bracket to lower it even further if needed.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    Jim I havnt seen the strut close up but it seems you could dremel the strut to adjust farther if need be
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Thumbs up

ride
    I ordered this mount and plan on running a 380l with a hextronix 120 or one of those 60amp seaking esc's on 3s

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=tfl-502b12
    I'd go with the water-cooled mount

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=tfl-509b13
    Last edited by Meniscus; 05-20-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    I'd go with the water-cooled mount

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=43
    yup I would have done that but there out of stock

yup I would have done that but there out of stock
    Oops, use the link again, I fixed it. In the 380 only size, there's one in stock. Sorry for the confusion.

OK, somehow the link doesn't work. Go to motor mounts, then one down from the 380/540 size, you'll find the 380 only size. There's also the ETTI version at the bottom of the page for 380 size.

Would be a pretty neat build. I have never built from bare hull before so im scared to death about running the shaft through the hull and how to place everything. And for the price it seems its cheaper to just go with one of the minicatracing hydros, or even one of the ebay hydros. Just dunno which would come out most cost effective and perform the best. Might just keep my eyes open for a used bigger hydro with a sv setup in it. Thats plenty fast enough and fun for my sport running.

This is my shovel nose and it was my first build. Not quite a micro but all builds are basically the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MzZlOAlGM4
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

This hull is very similar to the ones my son and I run from MiniCatRacing. They are a lot of fun and as someone pointed out less costly for the motor, electronics and batteries.
    The smaller size means you have to sharpen your driving skills!
    Attached Images Attached Images

What setup are you running begwaveohs?

Cool

What setup are you running begwaveohs?
    Completely stock:
    LENGTH: 380mm
    WIDTH: 200mm
    WEIGHT: 372.5g without receiver and battery
    MOTOR: 200mm x 40mm, 2 pole, 2600KV, 64g
    ESC: Water cooled, 30a continuous, 40A (10 seconds)
    BATTERY: 3S1P, 2100 mAh LiPo, 2A-6V BEC, programmable, 27g
    SERVO: Mini high performance
    DRIVE: Flex shaft, 4mm prop shaft, drive dog
    PROPELLER: Plastic 30mm x 36mm

Great info, what speeds are you seeing? And what props have you run?

Im really looking into the little minicat hydro. I like the fact I can run it in smaller pond areas that dont get hit with as much wind.

Is it possible to add a turn fin to both sides and maybe have it able to turn equally as well in both directions for sport running?

Im really trying to get my skunkworks cat finished so I can decide if I wanna sell the cat or the titan 29 that I have to just keep one for sport running then maybe build a larger hydro. God if only I was rich I would just keep and run every boat I want haha.

I would like to have one of the Minicatracing Hydros to run while I wait for my Renegade Rigger to cool down between runs. Also like the fact that it is about the same size as my rigger!!

Anybody else having any luck running these?

Miniscus...Cool avitar! Are you going to be buying one also, or do you have one already?

-Kent

I had a mini cat racing micro hydro and it was fantastic! fast and stable ride, I loved that thing!

Hey Rumdog, What size lipos did you run in it? Did anything ever overheat >ESC, Motor or lipos?

I ran a 3s 25c 2000mah rhino lipo. no heat issues at all, the water pickup worked very well. I did upgrade it to a feigao 380 8l and it was ballistic! totally overkill and unnecessary though, but fun!

I'm running a megatech h2o 9" hull with a 3000kv tiny outrunner a 30 amp mystery esc and a 1300 2c lipo. Octura 27mm prop cut down to 22mm, semi surface drive. No cooling and it gets warm not hot, runs for about 15min goes about 15mph and is self righting. It needs to be pretty calm water to run it but it is very fun.
    MikeV

That is sweet!!! Can you post a picture?

That is sweet!!! Can you post a picture?
    If you are asking about the H20, then no I don't have a camera.
    It runs back heavy until you get up to speed, about half throttle. Then it rides slightly bow up. With trim tabs.
    MikeV

You'll have to borrow one from a neighbor and post for us to see

I like your description, it may help others with setup.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast