Thread: Would it work...?

Default Would it work...?

1st post on forum for starters.

Well would it work ?

HPR 06 Hull Carbon/ Kevlar
    Arneson Drive set HPR 06

Castle Creations Hydra 240A x2 aint sure about these owned a 120a one always been good with me... aint sure if i need the 240a ones yet, maybe you can shed some light?

Lenher MT Motorserie 1950/HiAmp/7 x2

Octura x447 Sharpened & Balanced x2

thinking about 2, 6s lipos

Wow, you must have some money to spend and burning a hole in your pocket!

A quick question, is this your first build or is this taking you to the next level? Just wanted to make sure
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Cool

That setup will burn down quickly, the motors have too much Kv for the voltage and the props. 1950/10 motors would be a better choice - depending on what you want to do with the boat - but may be a bit on the small side. With the x447props speeds would probably be in the high-40s/low 50s with those motors, and amp draw would be reasonable as would run time with the right LiPo packs.

As Meniscus mentioned this is a relitively high-buck, ambitious build. You have run a Castle 120Hydra before, on what boat/setup? The HPR is not the boat to learn on....

i have a drifter s, an Azimut Atlantic Challanger and me and my brother share a moonkraker + numerous cars my cousin does have a hpr115 and a 64" fountain with BZ1 Mod Inline Zenoah from bonzisports which ive had experience with both of, his father also has jet heli's which ive had two shots at driving

challanger has:
    2 X Robbe Brushless Innrunner 3650
    Baterries: 2 pcs Lippo 4800 mA / 14,8 V

moonraker has same but x3

the hpr06 is for me to compete, my dad doesn't mind the price and thats the set up i was recommended by a fellow hpr06 owner, i have miles of lakes to run it on aswell as a 70mph 33ft boat to run against i know of people getting 100mph out of the hpr hull and i would be happy with the 80's but im intent on having lenher motors as ive had numerous motors like hackers and some junk from protech (mega x brushless) which ive found to be below par

if you look at the hpr06 'fan page' most people are running lenher 1940's/50's with about 7/8 windings

however i am only 16...

Great info. I'm glad to see you have the support if you need it to help setup your boat. I merely wanted to make sure you weren't getting in over your head with this build and it sounds like you've got the support in your corner to help you with this, only if necessary

Welcome to OSE! (OffShore Electrics)

I'm looking forward to seeing your build and how it comes out.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Good luck......

probably will build it then be scared to crash it and just running it in the center of a lake on a flat calm day.

Does a 10mph speed limit apply to a model?

if it does i guess its the trek up to loch lommond

fluid if your not happy with my windings choice i may look into 10 windings but ive had conformation from Hanspeter (man who builds the swissmodelboats) and he says that lenher 1950-7 would be ok but he didnt enlighten me on any props.

thanks.

maybe will use a PropShop 4518/3 and run the lehner 1950/7 on 6s