Thread: Etti 150 BEC ESC, some questions before i fire everything up..

Default Etti 150 BEC ESC, some questions before i fire everything up..

Well i'm almost ready to plug everything in and fire up my first scratch brushless project boat but i have a couple questions first. Again, my set-up is an Etti Navy Race 150a w/BEC, Faigeo 540 XL 9 turn 1898v motor, running two 6 cell DTX4600 NiMh battery packs in series.

1. There is an extra wire that came with the Etti ESC the plugs into the ESC via 2 prongs and with an end to plug into the reciever, do i need this?? It must plug into the "batt." slot on the reciever, but looking at my SV27 the "batt." slot on the reciever is left open. I can't find anything about it in the ESC's manual.

2. If i've read the ESC's manual correctly (doubt it lol), running NiMh cells the ESC is "plug'n play" and does not require any programing. Is this true, or do i need neeed to change any defualt settings given my above set-up??

Thanks for any help, i'm really close to gettin this thing in the water, i will try to post some pics one of these days.

1. The extra wire is for a data logger to measure telemetry.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil