Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UL-1 Power system upgrade arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by jingalls007 View Post
    im going to try the X642 on the UL-1 today, ill let you know how she goes.
    How did the x642 work out?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDuc View Post
    How did the x642 work out?
    I had time for one run and it was very fast. I ran for 2 minutes and temps were warm on motor. Your setup may be too much for that prop. I just ordered an x637 but I'm selling my ul-1 so won't get to test it out. I'm going to build a Phil Thomas 20 sport and need the cashola.

OK...back from the pond. No GPS, but I would say 60mph easily using the L38 x 55 prop and NUE 1515 1Y (2200kv). Weeds are starting to be a problem...rudder would hang weeds and boat would slow down noticably (around 45mph). Boat was very stable on glass smooth water, but once UL-1 hit a small wake it would get very loose (it flipped once). I will add lead tape to the outer sponsons to maybe help stabilize boat better. FUN FUN FUN

ESC temp.....145degrees
    Motor............135
    G3 Lipos........101

OOPS...I posted the above post in wrong tread, but I will leave here.

So was this upgrade worth the cost over stock motor and esc?

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    So was this upgrade worth the cost over stock motor and esc?
    In my opinion... YES! I can hit mid 50's with it no problem, and I was faster than all of the other boats in my heat races last Sunday (They were nitro sport 20s though.) This motor with a Grim 40x52/3 is a GREAT heat racing setup.

I just switched back to the stock motor /ESC to race next Sunday in my NAMBA club (They limit motors to SV27, BJ, and UL-1 motors) The loss of speed and performance is VERY noticeable.... It feels like a dog now

In my opinion... YES! I can hit mid 50's with it no problem, and I was faster than all of the other boats in my heat races last Sunday (They were nitro sport 20s though.) This motor with a Grim 40x52/3 is a GREAT heat racing setup.

I just switched back to the stock motor /ESC to race next Sunday in my NAMBA club (They limit motors to SV27, BJ, and UL-1 motors) The loss of speed and performance is VERY noticeable.... It feels like a dog now

LD,

Glad to hear that you are satisfied with the new motor.

Kinda miss those "heat" reports on the old setup

How many poles is the medusa motor? I can't seem to find that info on their website.

I'll have some heat racing reports for the stock motor/esc soon, as my other club won't let me run the Medusa setup in the LSH class.

From Medusa Research's website for the 36mm motors...
    "All Medusa Research motors are rated for 60,000 RPM operation and use ABEC 5 bearings. For the best efficiency, your ESC should be setup with 8º to 15º advance, and a switching rate of 10 to 20kHz. The above motors have 4 poles."

I'll have some heat racing reports for the stock motor/esc soon, as my other club won't let me run the Medusa setup in the LSH class.

From Medusa Research's website for the 36mm motors...
    "All Medusa Research motors are rated for 60,000 RPM operation and use ABEC 5 bearings. For the best efficiency, your ESC should be setup with 8º to 15º advance, and a switching rate of 10 to 20kHz. The above motors have 4 poles."

My oversight; thanks!

Look forward to the heat racing data.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123