Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ul-1 motor/esc setup for the sv27

Default ul-1 motor/esc setup for the sv27

I'm thinking about switching my ul-1 motor and esc to my sv27 will it run faster? If this is a good sway to do, what size prop should I run?
    Pro Boat Apache 24 Brushless, Thunder Cat 31
    AquaCraft SV27, AqauCraft UL-1

I would be surprised if you DON'T get better speeds. prop? well what batts? 4S I had a X645 on my Deltaforce 26" mono and it screamed with that motor/esc on 4S... giver a shot!

I'm basicly using (2) 2s 4000-5200mah 25 40c burst battery with all different 42/45 props.

Well I just put that setup in my SV27 using a octura 2 blade 646 and reached a speed of 41.1MPH. Speed was checked with a gps. The batteries were two 2s1p lipo with 30C in series. So I'm pretty pleased with the setup. And with the new ESC it has A lipo LVC. I tried a K48 prop and reached the same speed.

Have a question about the motor tho. It has some slop in the shaft. moves about 1 to maybe 2mm in and out? Was wondering if this is how the motor is or if there is something lose?

Ok here is a video of my SV27 with the UL-1 motor/esc. Sorry for the bad quality and no sound.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRuFEjGopAE

Quote Originally Posted by Leskimo85 View Post
    Ok here is a video of my SV27 with the UL-1 motor/esc. Sorry for the bad quality and no sound.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRuFEjGopAE
    Thats a big prop, have you run a full battery through her racing, not just stop and wait and go?

I have used the 646 while racing around with the stock setup. Even done two runs back to back using nimh batteries. I haven't used the K48 much and don't really care for it.

And the only reason I was going stop and go was I didn't wanna flip it since the water is freezing and I didn't have a way of rescuing it. Would of ended up swiming. I just got the new setup in the boat and wanted to get a few runs in before it was dark so I didn't get to run a whole battery through it.

I'm using a 45cf now. Seem good all around prop not to much prop walk not the fastest either. I'm wondering if I will notice an increase in speed with the ul-1/esc swap?

Quote Originally Posted by brad65 View Post
    I'm using a 45cf now. Seem good all around prop not to much prop walk not the fastest either. I'm wondering if I will notice an increase in speed with the ul-1/esc swap?
    What speeds are you getting now with that prop?

no clue I'm using my eye. I'm guess 35ish. I don't have a gps unit yet. All I know is I'm a hair faster than my buddies nitro sv and he's using a 42cf but his sings and its lighter in weight. Us lipos guys are using large dia props since we don't have the higher volts as the nimh batterys. It would be sick to run 5s on this motor

no clue I'm using my eye. I'm guess 35ish. I don't have a gps unit yet. All I know is I'm a hair faster than my buddies nitro sv and he's using a 42cf but his sings and its lighter in weight. Us lipos guys are using large dia props since we don't have the higher volts as the nimh batterys. It would be sick to run 5s on this motor
    Haha Yes it would! 5S would be pretty insane. Well before I did the swap I was getting 36 with the lipo batteries. So changing out the motor and esc gave me an extra 5mph using the same octura 646.
    The main reason I switched was the stock sv27 esc doesn't have a Low voltage cutoff. And I didn't wanna risk ruining my lipo's.

wow 5mph is a lot. That would be sick, I'll swap tonight and try tommorrow.

Right on! Yea I was really happy with the results with the UL-1 motor/esc. I wanna get a octura M445 prop and try that.

I'm going out tonight to run it again and hopefully get more video. The water should be calmer today!

It's swapped over, wasn't to bad I'm gonna try the grimracer 42x55mm 2 blade tommorrow. Hope she does well

Thats a big prop, have you run a full battery through her racing, not just stop and wait and go?
    Well brad you were right. Took the boat out today. Calm water speed was 45mph. 4mph gain. Ran it for a little loner. The boat stopped out in the lake. Thought the batteries were dead. Waited for a bit and brought it in and I had melted the solder off of the ESC. WOW! first time for me. and one of the sides had fused one of the male ends into the female end of the battery. So I'm going to upgrade to bullet connectors and find a different prop. Any suggestions on what would be a good prop?

I tried the prather 220 and speed was 37mph. I want to stay in the 40mph range but want to be able to run through a full charge on the lipo's.

Well brad you were right. Took the boat out today. Calm water speed was 45mph. 4mph gain. Ran it for a little loner. The boat stopped out in the lake. Thought the batteries were dead. Waited for a bit and brought it in and I had melted the solder off of the ESC. WOW! first time for me. and one of the sides had fused one of the male ends into the female end of the battery. So I'm going to upgrade to bullet connectors and find a different prop. Any suggestions on what would be a good prop?

I tried the prather 220 and speed was 37mph. I want to stay in the 40mph range but want to be able to run through a full charge on the lipo's.
    Anything 42mm to 45mm seems to be a good size to stick with. I'll let ya know how I make out tommorrow with the 42x55mm grimmracer, hopefully its alittle faster than the stock motor and a 45cf. Also how is you water cooling. I added a tube pickup, even though it slows me down it flows twice if not more that the rudder pick. Stock rudder pick up is junk IMO
    MPH doesn't matter if you can't run it full bore all day long
    Last edited by brad65; 05-04-2009 at 10:36 PM.

Ok here is a video of todays run. Was raining and the camera was having a hard time focusing.

*EDIT* Better quality same video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzcgAuUgt3Q
    Last edited by Leskimo85; 05-05-2009 at 12:37 AM.

she's a moving!. Whats your temps with the rudder cooling?

I don't have a way to check the temp yet?? Today I'm adding a second water pickup and will be running two water cooling. You run yours today??

yup, its faster but nothing OMG to write home about. Well thats with a 42x55. Your running 48MM size which is alot bigger. I'm guessing its running about 37 maybe.

yup, its faster but nothing OMG to write home about. Well thats with a 42x55. Your running 48MM size which is alot bigger. I'm guessing its running about 37 maybe.
    Yea with the Prather 220 I was only getting 37. I'm thinking about trying the 230 maybe.
    You have any video??

Yea with the Prather 220 I was only getting 37. I'm thinking about trying the 230 maybe.
    You have any video??

Nah I should but its not much more than some of the others on youtube with stock stuff. I wish I had a 48cf to try just for kicks but I'd take it off, since I run full out with a buddy and the big props seem to kill esc so that just not fun IMO

just a heads up
    I have new ul-1 motor and esc pm me
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Nah I should but its not much more than some of the others on youtube with stock stuff. I wish I had a 48cf to try just for kicks but I'd take it off, since I run full out with a buddy and the big props seem to kill esc so that just not fun IMO
    Did you try the new setup with the carbon 45??

Did you try the new setup with the carbon 45??

no not yet, my cf45 is chipped pretty bad. I bet it does better than the 42x55mm tho

Yea! Have you looked at the Octura m645? It has a smaller diameter then the x646 but almost the same pitch?

Yea! Have you looked at the Octura m645? It has a smaller diameter then the x646 but almost the same pitch?
    Nice, the cf45 is my favorite cheap prop, but I wish it had more pitch

Yea I know. It's hard to try different props when they're kinda pricey.

You have any video??
    Leskimo85, are you getting 37mph using the UL-1 motor on your SV or was that speed with the factory SV motor..
    I know its a different boat but I use that prop on my UL-1 and am getting close to 50mph...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSOzWkoAYU8

Brushless, yea I was only getting 37 with the 220 prop and the UL-1 motor and esc. My Brother in-law was only getting 27 with the 220 and his stock setup. So it must be the hull design I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast