Thread: Proboat Mini-V stock + lipo runs with video

Default Proboat Mini-V stock + lipo runs with video

Hey all, im new here,

Ive had a Proboat 1/12 Miss Elam but sold it before I ever ran it. I didnt want the hassle of retreiving a dead boat. Last week I picked up the new Proboat Mini-V. This is alot of fun. I was running it completely stock w/ an Elite 1500mah 2/3 6 cell pack and it was a bunch of fun...until I dropped it and stripped the servo. Not content with ordering another I swapped out the running gear for other stuff. Im running Losi Mini Baja electronics(radio, receiver, esc) along with a Hitec HS-55 feather servo. I ran it with the Elite battery and then tried a lipo. It got up on plane alot faster with a noticable top speed increase. I brought my Raytek temp gun with me to check the electronics. The video says the temps at the end of my run. I ran the Nimh and Lipo back to back so im sure that is why they are so hot. I ran a total of about 10 minutes non-stop. Since the video was taken tonight I decided to add something else to keep the heat down a bit. I had the fan laying around so I figured out a way to mount it. I also added a piece of one of those long noodles that you would have in your pool, just incase it takes on water. It should help it stay afloat. I should be able to test it out this weekend. Ive ordered a MCR Micro Hydro and should be expecting that any day now. I cant wait to see the difference in the two. Ive noticed that even with the dual rate switch low it sometimes still wants to spin out. Not too sure how to fix that. Thanks for reading all this and enjoy the pics and video.

The upload quality isnt the best but it will do.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...06296237614745

These pics were taken my first outing.

This is how it looks now:

Is there a video of a 3s lipo run?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Yeah, do you see the video link in the thread? Is it working? The first runs are stock w/ Nimh and then the 2nd blue screen says w/ 3s 11.1v lipo. Its the second time I put the boat in the water, when Im talking to the camera.

I just clicked on it and it seems to work for me.

thats i big increase in speed....i think you should go brushless next :D
    saleens7, the wookie of rc boating

I would go brushless, but im trying to figure out exactly what people are using for the drive system. I know that flex drive is better than the existing setup but im not sure what I need. Im new to boating so all the terms are a bit overwhelming, LOL. I was thinking of doing an Electrifly Ammo inrunner and just turning down the motor shaft, if needed to fit the stock running gear. Then I can just keep spares. They are backordered but hopefully I can try this soon.

actually, you can keep the outdrive, but use a .130 shaft....the outdrive uses a 1/8" shaft...that .125 size....you will just need to drill it out slightly larger to fit thw shaft.....you could also ask Tunda what he did with his

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...read.php?t=660

(look at the 3rd post)
    saleens7, the wookie of rc boating

Cool, thanks for that info :)

It runs pretty quick with that lipo. In the vid you kept letting off quite a bit in the turns....does the Mini-V not turn well at speed?

Quick little boat. Verry kewl :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbequick View Post
    It runs pretty quick with that lipo. In the vid you kept letting off quite a bit in the turns....does the Mini-V not turn well at speed?

It kept spinning out on me, alot. I didnt adjust the height of the rudder or anything though. I tried getting it to sink before I left, to see how much it could take. I would go full throttle, turn dual rate up, and rip the wheel left or right. After a few minutes I couldnt get it to sink and checked to see if there was water in the hull. NOTHING. Pretty much bone dry. Its definitly a nice little boat.

It seems like, for the price, it's the one to get!

Boat worked awesome....till my girlfriend flipped it. Fryed all the electronics.. oh well.

Pull everything.. Remove the srink wrap from the esc and let it all sit out for a few days...you may get some of it back. Relube the motor bearings also.

What I love about these boats so far is the robust nature of them. I have beat & tortured the stock esc/receiver and it has yet to die. I have SHUNK both boats (only the nose was showing) and used them 20 or 30 minutes later. Now I'm not sure how much abuse like this they will take, but so far so GREAT!!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Hmmm.. MrsSjfe's dad keeps buggin me to bring him somthing for his pool.... I am wondeing if this would be a good pool runner????

Quote Originally Posted by SJFE View Post
    Hmmm.. MrsSjfe's dad keeps buggin me to bring him somthing for his pool.... I am wondeing if this would be a good pool runner????
    depends on how big the pool is, a big inground or even a big asbove ground it woul be cool.

and a stupid question relating to the boat, what size cells are the stock ones?(ex. A sub c)

Above ground..I would guess 30 or 40 feet long by 20 wide....

should be fine then, just wont be able to make long WOT passes

I am going to fit my rescue tug with a drink tray and make deliveries....LOL

i have one of those they are already made
    60% of the time... it works every time!