Thread: Improved Brushed motors

Default Improved Brushed motors

I know this is a shot in the dark here. Has any one looked into a brushed replacment for the motor? Im looking for some thing with bearings, vented, replaceable brushes that will still work with the factory esc.
    Thanks
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by SJFE View Post
    I know this is a shot in the dark here. Has any one looked into a brushed replacment for the motor? Im looking for some thing with bearings, vented, replaceable brushes that will still work with the factory esc.
    Thanks
    Tom
    Tom there was some talk. Did you do any searching here?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Not yet Sir. I'll try and set some time aside to dig around tonight after the kids are down.

Tom
    The closest to the stock motor is probably the Graupner Speed 480 7.2 (6304).
    It's slightly larger diameter 29.3 V 27.7 mm and 30 grams heavier but it is more efficient .It doesn't have BB but I think they can be fitted , the brushes can be replaced with those out of a Plettenberg 200/20 motor (part No. 305000). The only 480 motor that Graupner lists that has BB is the Speed 480 BB 7.2 (6327) but it's rpm is approx 10,000 higher @ 7.2 volt . Also the shaft is 1/8 inch on the 480 motors.

Mark

Thank you very much for the info Mark. I will look into them.

I'm not sure about this, but Atomic (R/C parts manufacture) sells 2 different 380 sized motors for car use. Their parts are all of high quality, but I do not know how a car motor will fare in a boat will less cooling.

High Speed Motor

High Torque Motor

aquacraft shows this motor on there site as a hop up for there new mini thunder so it should be better than the mini V stock motor also.
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM