Thread: OPC Lower Units and FE Conversion Kit

Default OPC Lower Units and FE Conversion Kit

Hey Gang... for those of you interested in racing OPC Tunnels, I thought I'd point you to a source for another option for lower units and an FE conversion kit for them.

I've seen these in action and they work VERY well...

I have NO affiliation with these guys, but just wanted people aware so maybe we could get some more P-OPC tunnels out there running and racing!

http://hyperprod.bizhosting.com/3_5_bullet_drive.html

http://hyperprod.bizhosting.com/3_5_...rsion_kit.html
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Their stuff is beautiful be get ready to write the check!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Anyone try these out yet?

I like mine alot. I have both the 3.5 and 7.5 sizes.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    I like mine alot. I have both the 3.5 and 7.5 sizes.
    Are you running the angle drive version or the bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by teach View Post
    Are you running the angle drive version or the bullet?
    Both of his are the Bullets...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Will the Conversion kit work with the Angle drive, I suppose it should ....

Im building a 28" WOF Tunnel now...

I can't make up my mind but I like the Angle drive better, but im thinking the Bullet drive may be polished up.... shine haha!!
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

The angled drive has a real techie look. I like it.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I'm using the angle drive with the REK adaptor. Had to bore out the leg to allow the coupler to drop in - [lower CG than the all-metal adaptor.] The fin looked a little shallow so I modded it. Works great .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Ill probably go with the Bullet drive, I wonder if any cutting will be required to the bullet drive with the conversion kit.

Propchopper what Coupler are you using?
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

If you use the Hyperformance metal adaptor you wont have to bore out the leg. The composite REK sits lower, so you have to make room for the nose by boring out the leg. I'm using the Hyperformance coupler with the square-end shaft.

Go to YouTube, search "VS-1 with Ul-1". First vid had the drive accidentally a few degrees too high. Wheelie city

Search "VS-1 with UL-1 motor download two" for run with drive re-adjusted.

Both runs with my new Zippy 30C 4S 5000's.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    If you use the Hyperformance metal adaptor you wont have to bore out the leg. The composite REK sits lower, so you have to make room for the nose by boring out the leg. I'm using the Hyperformance coupler with the square-end shaft.

Go to YouTube, search "VS-1 with Ul-1". First vid had the drive accidentally a few degrees too high. Wheelie city

Search "VS-1 with UL-1 motor download two" for run with drive re-adjusted.

Both runs with my new Zippy 30C 4S 5000's.
    Whats the speed on this setup... What prop are you running again?
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

No GPS on those runs, estimate close to/if not right at 50. Prop ia a Grimracer 42/55 de-tounged & mildly cupped. I may go for some more "cup", but right now the temps are so good [ due to the vertically high prop immersion/loading, allowing the motor to unwind] that I may leave things as they are. I set up my boats for heat racing, so all-out top speed takes a back seat to handling and longevity.

Thumbs up

Sweet adapt with steering at HP and I have heard good things about the bullet drive from a top OB racer. Under rated

D

Default OS 21 Lower Unit

Does anyone have any experience with the OS 21 XM lower unit adapted for FE? Will the Hyperperformance adapter work with the OS lower? Is the cable different (length & etc.) from say an HP cable?

I set up an O.S XM lower unit on my dads VS1 running a SV27 motor. I just made a plate and some spacers to mount it. I bored into the lower unit to mount a standard octura coupler and just cut off the short piece of square end on the flex cable. works great! it was a budget build we got the VS1 and the entire XM unit motor and all for 100 bucks!

Here are a couple pics of my OS lowers converted with the plate. The only mod to the lower unit was re tapping the 4-40 holes to 6-32 to accept a more stout screw. The coupler is a square end float style coupler available from fullers fast or hyperformance products for $15.00. Just call, or email them about just that coupler, and not the full kits and they will sell you one:

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

What haul is this Mike?

I have an O. S. leg with the Hyperformance adapter and I have one of the composite adapters as well.
    The metal adapter is thicker than the composite one and I had it machined down a bit for more bite on the flex with the coupler. We had some trouble with flex cables slipping until we did. No trouble with the composite one so far.
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.