Thread: Maximum Input Voltage for ZigZag ESC?

Default Maximum Input Voltage for ZigZag ESC?

As the title says: What is the maximum input voltage for the ZigZag 3 ESC?

Thanks in advance.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Whyyy Whatya wanna do to it?

I think he wants to convert it to brushless
    More than likely, he wants to run a higher voltage battery
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You've got it! I've used a 7 cell with success. I was wondering if I might be able to sneak a 3s into the thing and run at half throttle.

Thing is, I've seen plenty of the brushless conversions. It seems the CG is always wrong after it's done. I think it runs pretty well on the 7 cells and was thinking that with less weight and a little more power, it would scream.

That's all TBD.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Anyone know?

yes i have a zig zag 2 and it runs no problems even at full throttle on 3 cell lipo. thing jumps out of the water and is a new boat. totally stock

That's great to hear!

More questions:
    Have you considered another prop?
    Do you think there would be any advantage to changing the angle of the stuffing tube?
    Video? I'd love to see one of this thing on 3s!

Thanks for the input. If you have additional input or experience running higher voltages on this ESC, please speak up! All input is welcome!

Also, what mah are you running? Runtime?

i was running 1500 mah 20c zippy-r. got good runtime prob 2 3-4 min runs. only ran short bursts to keep temps low. no vids, i smoked my motor brushes so im waiting till i find a good replacement brushed motor, probaby use the mini-v one. those are excellent motors for three cell aplications. havent had on die on any of my 3cell min-v's yet.

What kind of temps did you see with the longer runs?

never ran it longer, didnt want to chance smoking the esc.

Where's you sense of adventure?

Off subject, but I have to say I'm impressed with the range of this AM radio system that comes with the ZigZag 3. Have you tested the range? It's ridiculous!

Yes its damn good, but i believe its a 27 fm at least my zz-2 is i think.
    As for the temps thing i cant really get to the esc anyway to see how hot its gettin so thats why im so cautious.

I think mine is AM.

You mean to tell me you don't disassemble the boat to get a temp reading? LOL

Anyone else braver than user '6S Hydro' and try running the ZigZag 3 on 3s for longer runtimes?

Please share your experiences. Thanks!

6SHydro, you'll have to put a temp probe in there and reseal with some silicon LMAO!

why dont you just get braver than me and try it yourself

Dude I just dug the Zig out of storage sunday. With all my boats and 90% of my equipment gone that and the minivee are all I hung on to..lol. The inlaws just opened the pool so I'll get some type of fix. Hey anyone ever has a mini pool fun run?

Quote Originally Posted by SJFE View Post
    Dude I just dug the Zig out of storage sunday. With all my boats and 90% of my equipment gone that and the minivee are all I hung on to..lol. The inlaws just opened the pool so I'll get some type of fix. Hey anyone ever has a mini pool fun run?
    Tommy, great to hear you are alive. Do you need a boat as I will send you one, if you wish..no charge.

Douggie

sjfe throw a 3 cell into that mini-v and toss it into a med size pool and get ready for a blast. rig yourself up a turn fin and some cooling of the motor/esc and your set

Quote Originally Posted by 6S HYDRO View Post
    why dont you just get braver than me and try it yourself
    LMAO! I'd love to, but this one is my wife's! I can see it now, having to give up one of my faster boats for leisure!

Too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by SJFE View Post
    Hey anyone ever has a mini pool fun run?
    Are you asking if anyone has ever done this? => click here

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Tommy, great to hear you are alive. Do you need a boat as I will send you one, if you wish..no charge.

Douggie
    Tommy, I am not kidding, you can have a modified SV27 in perfect condition for no cost. The offer is to SJFE only!
    Please note Tommy did not reply in any manner to the first offer. I just want to see him enjoying life again

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 04-29-2009 at 05:50 PM.

Dougie that it a very kind offer. I may take you up on it some day when I have 5 minutes I'm not working :).