Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 55mph SV27 SETUP?

Default 55mph SV27 SETUP?

Ok so Im going to purchase some things to try and run the the supervee around atleast 50mph, Im gunna use a Feigao 9xl with a hydra120 on 5s1p with an x442 to start of with. Then Ill kick up prop size later if its going good. Theres one thing that Im trying to figure out... Will the Hydra 120 take x2 Flight power Eon33c 5s 18.5v 4950mah batterys parallel together or do I need to drop back to 20-28c rated lipos??? Also will the supervee need a biger prop than a x442 to see 50's or will that be a reliable 48-49mph prop. Thanks guys an help me out!!!!!Rock on!!

Last edited by nate; 04-29-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Better install a flood chamber as well, at that speed it will be spending a lot of time on its back. Seriously, the boat was not designed for those speeds, anything above 40 is touch and go at best in terms of stability.

Cool

Doby's right, 50 mph will not be that much fun unless all you want is a GPS speed to brag on. The x442 won't get you there, but an x642 might hit 50. 55 will need an 8XL. I'd keep the prop diameter small for increased stability. You should add better trim tabs, a left side turn fin, and about 8 to 10 ounces of lead under/next to the motor. Even then it may be tough to keep it on the water at a true 50 mph.

Iv already ordered ajus. Trim tabs, Carbon Fiber Turn fins, Im going to re-build the motor mount towards the back, ect. But yall guys never even answered my question lol..wow. Will the hydra120 take these 33c eons in parr. 5s1p????

Why would it not handle 5S2P? rated up to 6S. The "C" rating has nothing to do with the esc in those regards. You can run 50C, 80C, 10C packs. The C rating is just a discharge rate at which the pack can handle. Does not mean a 80C pack will instantly blow the esc as long as voltage is under 22.5V nominal. So to answer your question yes the esc will easily handle 33C. If you notice the burst rate is what 50C?

EDIT: burst rate or "clime out" is what I mean. NOT burst as in explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
    EDIT: burst rate or "clime out" is what I mean. NOT burst as in explode.
    LOL, I haven't seen those ratings yet!
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

There are some threads here that indicate problems with anything above 4S setups using the Hydra. It should be OK based on Castles published specs,,,,but...........................

Also, try and keep the COG fairly far forward, otherwise you will be doing major 3D boating all the time.

I ran a 9XL in my SV on 4S in the low 40's. It was a handful unless the water was glass smooth.

I would think maybe the Etti with cap board would perhaps be safer from the census lately. I thought poster was thinking the 33C packs would blow the esc because they pushed too much juice through. I ran my SV to 46mph and the hydra was not happy at all. Did not blow but was not happy that I know for sure.

Thanks boatman thats what I was looking for..an answer lol, ok well how many cells were you running on the hydra at 46mph boatman? Should I just use 4s on the 9xl?

Well, thats the catch. Here is what I ran... 8xl, 4S1P, k45 prop. I would think with 9xl, 5S1P, k45 prop you will be blowing your esc because of your motor drawing too many amps. Especially if you run 5S2P to add weight. So, then if you run 5S2P for weight I would run a m440 and start there. from there go to 642 prop. I dont think you will blow anything that way but keep your runs short for heat will build quickly.

My peak amp draw was 102Amps with that setup mapped on eagletree.

Ill probably just use 4s2p on 9xl. I wanna see a good 45-48mph boat without heat problems ect.

Ok so Iv ordered a Feigao 540 12L, Im just going to set the boat up
    the way I want it to try and run 50's, but just to have fun Im alittle
    broke so Im gunna try the 12L with the stock esc and Octura X438 on 4s, maybe
    ill see high 40's with this setup for now.

I have cleaned the hull out and layed down carbon fiber in the rear of the hull,
    and made a small mount to hold in the drive shaft down. Everythings going slow for now
    but Im stoping by the Hobby lobby in a few to pick up some birch wood to build the
    motor mount. Ill have more pictures up late tonight.
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

looks great so far nate
    THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

This guy did 60mph with his SV using 8xl and 4s power.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ead.php?t=5527

see it before thats flying 4 sure.......
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

So, is that the red boat we traded for? Never heard if you got it or not??

Thanks guys, yea those pictures are not so good, but I tryed my best to get alot done last night..I finally got the motor mount in place and shortened the drive shaft back about an inch along with the motor ect. But Ill probably pull the battery mounts a half inch forward from stock position I really havn't decided. It sure looks cleaner than it did tho.

I was really considering re-painting this Hull after I get all the new hardware ect finished but now that I lookat the time Im spending just putting this thing back together I dunno lol Kinnda just wanna get it done and see what happens.

Oh and thanks for the link detox.

Here's a few pictures from this morning, still needs alittle sanding and I have took the blue color off the motor mount, its a polished color now..

LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

Yep thanks Jesse, lol forgot to tell ya.....does it look the same?????
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

gettin there my friend looks killer

Thank you.
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Yep thanks Jesse, lol forgot to tell ya.....does it look the same?????
    Fine work Nate, I am still considering that turn fin. Could you add a pic next to a tape measure? need to visualize.

J

Jesse Iv done put up pictures like that in the swap shop...look for the 29-36" hydro turn fin ...
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

K well Iv got the stuff to build the servo mount...Ill post pictures in a few..It should look great!
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

Well I never got the servo mount built, but I do have some Ideas...
    Iv kinnda stopped and worked on a couple of things thats got to be
    done to the boat now, Im just waiting on the Speedmaster Drive
    and SM Rudder before jumping in on the servo mount just yet.

I also got the X438 2-blade prop ordered and the Feigao 540 12l being
    sent 2 day exspress... Ill also be swapping to an Octura flex, coupler ect.

This Nemesis is just show... But here's the last 2 hours of progress....Blame the glue!

Enjoy as I build amazing things ill just sell and never run lol..
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

looks like a boat taking shape, looking good

Thanks bigpapa, Im getting very tired of working on this boat lol. I went ahead and did a quick build for the servo mount, Its Carbon fiber so if that counts lol. The boat is actually very light, ill try an get a weight soon after the whole boats finished. I slapped the new trim tabs from OSE on and I guess its all close to done..im waiting on more parts to arrive. Here's more pictures till tommorow....

LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast