Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neu 2230 cooling jacket?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    Txboatpilot, just curious why your making the sleeve so long. The stator inside the can is only 3" long. The cooling jacket doesn't need to be any longer than that to work efficiently. Look at the ones Peter makes. There 3" long and the motor is 4 5/8 long. Pleanty of room on either side of the jacket for clamps or what not. Your jackets do look nice.

Mark
    I designed a strap that would go around the cooler and would be more adjustable.

Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Any updates as to when the jackets will be available

Justine,

I showed Radtek and his machinist friend how to make their own coolers out of aluminum stock. I think there going to try that route and see if they like how they come out.

Mark

Ok, thanks Mark, that was a nice run you guys made the other night(very promising) Radek sent me the video.

We are comming out with a new style 2230 and 2215 jacket soon.
    Dave

Any pictures.............
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Zicha View Post
    Any pictures.............
    Not that I know of. But a hint, Think Castle.

Thinner, lighter and easier to install.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Default Cooling jacket

My boat weighs 25 lbs. She is an Insane Mono 45" which is a heavy polyester layup, with a 2230 1y, 10S2P 10,000 mah batteries and a 460 2 blade prop. Oh yes the Castle HV 240. I use a 4" computer fan with a seperate lipo battery to cool the big motor. She can complete 6 mills and not hit 120 degrees.I have been running the boat for three seasons of racing.

Well thats my story.

Killer V

Quote Originally Posted by Killer V View Post
    My boat weighs 25 lbs. She is an Insane Mono 45" which is a heavy polyester layup, with a 2230 1y, 10S2P 10,000 mah batteries and a 460 2 blade prop. Oh yes the Castle HV 240. I use a 4" computer fan with a seperate lipo battery to cool the big motor. She can complete 6 mills and not hit 120 degrees.I have been running the boat for three seasons of racing.

Well thats my story.

Killer V
    You can't just SAY that. A picture's worth a thousand words, at least

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    It is four packs of 5cell packs two sets of 5S in series, then the two sets of ten cells in paralle.
    I do not have that many 5 cell packs. I use 4 sets of 4S1P and two sets of 2S1P to make the packs I run in the 10S2P boats or T class boats.

I am thinking about designing a cooler that will work for the finned motors but they are gona be large.
    theres a guy out there that put 580 jackets on nue/castle 1717's with no issues. Why not just buy the finless version of the nue?

Quote Originally Posted by HRC View Post
    Guys, is this picture of a 2230 motor like the ones you have? We are getting closer to making one but want to be sure it is what is needed. This is the motor we are working with.
    Thanks
    Dave

Gentlemen,

Version #3....I bought this Neu 2230 (30 Fins) in October and needed a cooling can ASAP for the final race of the season. I followed this thread and my motor did not match the previous two versions.
    I reached out to Dave on Sunday and had a the latest version at my house by Friday.
    The following measurements fit perfectly;
    Total Fin Width of 2230 = 3 1/4"
    Available room with these mounts = 4 1/8"
    Main Body of Cooling Can = 3 5/8"
    Total Cooling Can Width with Rings = 3 7/8"

This latest version has plenty of room to secure a rear mount without removing fins.

Thanks Dave for your Great Craftsmanship and willingness to stop what you were doing and make this New Cooling Can as quickly as you did.

Thank you,
    Mike

Glad I could help and Thank You Mike.
    These motors are a challenge to make jackets for. A jacket may fit one motor but not the next. We can not assume a (one jacket fits all) way of thinking. For this reason Steven and I are very reluctant to have a standard size 2230 jacket available. They need to be on job specific bases.
    Thanks again.
    Dave

The 22 series is not very consistent in sizes. I have 2215 motors that are in 2225 casings........ Winds and coil length is correct for 2215, they just used a longer case.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Steven, just because the casing is longer doesn't mean the jacket has to be. The stator is still the same length and is the only part that has to be cooled. A 2215 jacket will work fine on a 2225 case.

Mark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123