Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feigao 540XL in UL-1 !

Quote Originally Posted by ncornacchi View Post
    Yeah, I'm also going to try to clear all programming on the CC...at least I'm getting some beeps and its not DOA.....Kills me to buy a $200 esc and see it get all freaked out over a little moisture.....When I was building them both this winter, I was kinda comparing which was the better esc...I have to say, the Etti150 w/caps bank in orange boat is still working fine, I just dont see the Fieago overtaking the Nue in speed...I miss my blue UL already..

I hope it all works out for you.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    great price on that esc, D!
    Thanx buddddddddddddy. I'll let you know how it goes and if it's worth your time/money. Knowing HC & the Turnigy label i'm sure it is.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Well I got the video up on youtube, not the best but runs but just testing. I just got my stock pile of batts from HC in today so I will try two 4s in parallel also I will try different battery postions and see what works best. Damn I NEED MY GPS ASAP... lol, I WANT SPEED CHECKS....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELmjwLeOzIk
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Oh man!
    looks fast...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Nice vid ... looks like it hauls ... any readings on the speed?

Looks good Dale can't wait to run together soon

You guys should get some spray lube with PTFE in it like Super lube water proofs most anything
    http://www.super-lube.com/ I use it in my RX and servo works great

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. Next I will try the 4s 3600mah 30c's in parallel and I will try 2s 4000mah 40c's in series. I really think the 4s is gonna be the winning ticket. I need the weight. I never had a blow over on my ul with the stock setup, since the new motor it's happened 3 times. I have a airdam standing by, but I hope the 4s is the fix for catching air. It was a blast running it.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by wizard122 View Post
    You guys should get some spray lube with PTFE in it like Super lube water proofs most anything
    http://www.super-lube.com/ I use it in my RX and servo works great
    I wonder if spray liquid electrical tape would work as well. I have some laying around in the shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Nice vid ... looks like it hauls ... any readings on the speed?
    Not yet, but I would guess like 150mph...

As soon as I get my new gps which I will order this week (tomorrow is pay day ), I will post some speeds for it and my sv with ul power.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    I wonder if spray liquid electrical tape would work as well. I have some laying around in the shop.
    I like that spray on my rx's
    works great
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I like that spray on my rx's
    works great
    SWEEEEEET!!!! I'll put some on the my rx's this weekend then. Glad to know it works
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I must be interpertating something wrong....I wanted to buy the ABC 1518/3 blade, but it looks to me like the dia. is only 38.1 ( 1518-10-75(3) CLL 1.5 1.8 2.700 38.1 68.58 10 0.75 L 3 0.187 $29.95) The Grim is a 40mm ....I bought the M445 to get something to try until I can figure out the prop sizing mystery...

I also think that the rudders that I had made may be contributing to the transom hop..I think the blunt end was causing too much lift....I had my buddy hone down the bottom edge to reduce resistance...see what happens this weekend..thanks for tip on contact cleaner guys, got the CC240 back to life last night!
    Attached Images Attached Images

yes, the blunt end will cause lift...

I must be interpertating something wrong....I wanted to buy the ABC 1518/3 blade, but it looks to me like the dia. is only 38.1 ( 1518-10-75(3) CLL 1.5 1.8 2.700 38.1 68.58 10 0.75 L 3 0.187 $29.95) The Grim is a 40mm ....I bought the M445 to get something to try until I can figure out the prop sizing mystery...
    Higher kv motor sometimes need smaller dia props to allow the motor to spool up more without putting to much of a strain electrics. Bigger props on higher kv motor is a lot of load. One of the recommended props for the ul is a 38x55. It's a smaller dia, but it's a lifting prop which you need on hydro. I personnaly like the l40x57 a whole lot. I may try the 38x55 or maybe even a 38x63 down the road. It's kinda like higher kv motors have less torque and more top end and need a smaller prop and lower kv motors have higher torque and lower top end and can swing a bigger prop with no problem. At least I think that's kinda how it works, I may be wrong
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

L40 x 57 is slightly faster than L38 x 55 in the stock UL-1. I did try the 38 x 63 some, but it seemed slower also. Some guys like the x642, but I never tried that prop. X442 is a good one to try also.

I also think that the rudders that I had made may be contributing to the transom hop..I think the blunt end was causing too much lift....I had my buddy hone down the bottom edge to reduce resistance...see what happens this weekend..thanks for tip on contact cleaner guys, got the CC240 back to life last night!
    Glad it all worked out for you. This is what we use in the airlines http://www.drillspot.com/products/10...c_chemical?s=1

as you can see by the price it is another reason airlines are broke as joke. Theirs probably 3 cases of this stuff sitting in the hangar at all times. We don't order from this place, this is just to show the product.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by detox View Post
    L40 x 57 is slightly faster than L38 x 55 in the stock UL-1. I did try the 38 x 63 some, but it seemed slower also. Some guys like the x642, but I never tried that prop. X442 is a good one to try also.
    Thanks for the great info as always.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123