Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prop Work

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    Hey Chuck, does it cost the customer (us) more if you buy them or if we buy/ship them to you? or is the only difference the cost of double shipping if we send to you?
    Thanks,
    J
    Jesse I only charge for the work I do. I have had a couple of folks ask if they can order from OSE and have them delivered to me, I have ordered props from OSE for folks, and some like you have sent me props they already have. I only add the actual cost of the prop and shipping. If I order the props sometimes I will add a couple of popular ones to have on hand then prorate the shipping.

Chuck
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

OK Chuck I need your address to send you a M645 prop. It will be cut down to size and i need more cup added. Let me know.

Just received my props back from Chuck and must say they look great (cant wait to try them this weekend) All i can say is Chuck is very professional and great to work with would recommend to all in need of prop service A+++++

Rick

pm'ed

Quote Originally Posted by B-DAWG View Post
    pm'ed

PM answered.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Chuck, I just got my 12 props back from your masterful attention and all I can say is GIVE ME WATER! can't wait to get them spinnin wet.

I will have another order for you soon, well worth the money for a superior job and very professional packing job; each prop in its own little envelope with its name on it then bubble wrapped, great job. I highly recommend your services.

Jesse

Sent PM

Quote Originally Posted by knpc View Post
    Sent PM
    Kevin I replied to your PM
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

got mine back today x645....awesome difference in appearance......its going on the 7xl Titan 40 for a rematch..cant wait

thanks
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Glad you like it and I hope it performs as well as you want it to.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Do you have any X430 or X432's kickin around?
    I'd like you to do one of each for the Velocity Mono I'm going to buy.
    Thanks

How much for 2 s&b x640's you provide

Just got another batch back from the master, thanks Egneg!! Waaaait a minute, is your user name your last name backwards? or am I just slow to catch the boat?

Got all props, very professionally packaged in their original little baggies stapled back in, very cool! Can't wait to get em wet!

Thanks again,
    J
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Glad they got there ok Jesse.

abou the user name .. Sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

I am going on vacation. I will have access to the internet but will not be able to work on any props until I get back. Thanks to everyone for the business and I will be back in a week.

Chuck
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Good to hear you aren't taking any props to work on, true vacations are hard to come by these days --- you deserve it Egneg Rm!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I am back and will respond to all prop requests tomorrow - 7/11/09.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    We may have a good answer once Egneg and I finally manage to have that meeting with my point of contact who has done props - full size for the military.
    I know almost all propellers on ships/work boats are polished, we polish our props just to smooth them out, it may reduce the cavitation burn a prop will receive over time. I will find out at work Monday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I sent you a PM...............
    Hawaiian Tunda

Egneg,
    How much to S&B raw Prather 215 SS? PM me what you charge!

Thanks!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thanks for the quick reply Egneg, Sorry I didn't read it earlier!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Chuck I have some x447's that I would like to send to you for some of your majik. Detongued and cut down to 45 if you can. You can pm me with further instruction.

Thanks
    T. Hatch
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Tracy I sent you a PM.

Chuck if you don't mind please PM me your addy so I can send the props your way.

Thanks
    Tracy Hatch
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Two cents on the prop finish thing from an airplane freak: Stability of the boundary layer is basically what your talking about here.

At low pressure (front of the prop at during boat acceleration) a bit of roughness will help to stabilize flow. In the air it is so much that for high altitude turbines there is current research into micro-jets in that area of the blade to "recharge" the boundary layer and keep it stuck to the blade.

As the speed of the boat goes up, the pressure on the front of the blade will increase, negating the need for surface turbulence to keep the boundary stable. Good old parasite drag is the villain, and the shiny prop is favored.

NOTE: The back side of the prop is always subjected to higher pressure and will benefit from shininess in all but the slowest moving applications out there (like caving tugs).

pete b

Welcome to the forum Pete. I thank you for your input as I am still learning about fluid dynamics.

Last edited by Meniscus; 09-14-2009 at 06:15 AM.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

....I have a tool that I'm thinking about picking up that you may be interested in
    Last edited by Meniscus; 09-14-2009 at 06:14 AM.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

I saw a guy roll the edges with the back side of a pair of pliers once. Worked like a charm.

Blake

egneg, the x442's r/l you sent me are awesome! can you give ma a price on a x447-r, and a x447- detounged & back cut please :)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast